Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
excellent performance by india ! :)
they won the game even after nearly a whole day was washed out :D

superb bowling by munaf and jumbo and solid batting by dravid as usual.

It would be great if Anil Kumble would get the Man of the Match. He got nine wickets and got his 500th Test wicket. It would be a good honour for him.

Yessssssss!, India win by 9 wickets!, with ease.

We got some postives out in that game like the consistancy of Dravid, Pathans 50 who is proving more and more that he is a capable all rounder, Kumbles and Munaf's wickets, Sehwags 50 that brought his toach back.

Congrats India, this made my day a bit better. Always good seeing the English lose. :)
In the end the better team won, Kumble was just awesome this match. This caps of a werid 24 hours. NZ winning, SA....., and England collasping to gift India the win.

MohdIrshaad said:
England need to consolidate their batting lineup, they have good bowlers, a fine spinner in Pani but their batting is a major worry.

I can't disagree with that. I think one of the reasons we did well against Aus is that they bowled very poorly.
Our top order is very inexperienced and not giving the lower order enough of a platform. It's hard to see any of them making a big hundred. I agree that Vaughan has been out of form recently but I think we're really missing Tresco.
You can't bat first twice in India on good pitches and get 393 and 300.

A good victory from India. But how much difference would Trescothick and Vaughan actually make? England's openers were pretty decent. All of the batsmen were also in the runs at some point or another. Anyhow, perhaps their experience would have helped in the field. Simon Jones would definitely have been a handful, with his reverse swing targetted at our lower order players (we really have a small tail, in my opinion).

As for Munaf's bright start to the career, the selectors have done the correct thing (finally?) by letting him develop over domestic cricket. He looks a fine prospect. And I think the positive is that with so many young fast bowlers looking to break into the team, no one will be able to keep their cap for granted. This, if nothing else, should inspire them to perform well. That's all for now. It's good night for me. :)

Probably hot and humid, from what my experiences have been in the past few years. But I heard there was some rain last week (same time as in Nagpur), which was unexpected.

Wow... A test match worth watching! First of all congrats to my beloved "INDIA" for winning this and making it a night worth watching (its 4:30am and I am awake all night!).

England fluffed it yesterday and as Flintoff rightly said, the final session yesterday was the killer for England as they lost 5 wickets and never recovered!

This England side scared India at Nagpur and so its tough to compare them with and without Vaughan and Trescothick. That cant take away the fact that India fought well to win here. Rewind to end of Day 3 and India were 149/4 and even worse at 153/5. Great comeback.

Most Impressive has been Munaf Patel this test match. I think India can now wait before giving more new fast bowlers a chance. RP Singh performed well in Pakistan but well here he is forgotten and is a mere back up. Sreesanth might yet be on the same plane if he doesnt get picked for Mumbai. So India can wait before blooding more guys. We have the guys required to do the job. Lets expose them more before blooding more fellows in!

Well Sehwag today deserves credit. Not for his 76 but the approach he adopted to get himself back into form. He was unusually restrained at the start. In recent times he had tried to go after the bowling from the start. Today he played himself in. Still he tried some nonsense shots but still he batted very well and perfect for an opener. Hats off Viru. Keep playing this way!

Dravid had a great test! England fought extremely well. They have been very tough. Hope Mumbai gets even better than Mohali in terms of the contest between these two teams.

India needs to win or draw at Mumbai to become the No.2 test team in the world again! I wish India wins. A win or a draw pushs India 3 points ahead of England. Hope the weather is good at Mumbai (it is expected to be!).

Well done India, we were outplayed other this test.

Doesn't surprise me though that we will lose this series (Mumbai will be flatter than a pancake), if you take 4 players out of a team that has stayed relatively unchanged for 18 months it will affect us.

Vaughan and Trescothick are the 2 batsman who score big runs plus with Tres at slip he adds solidarity there.

By the sounds of Fletchers interview PLunkett will be replaced by a spinner.

Sais- The Number 2 spot is a fantastic battle atm with imo both India, Pakistan and England all an even kilter.

tsyrmas said:
vaughan is fair useless anyway, hes simply not consistent enough. he only has a good average against the indians and us legendary Aussies, and yes, i know this IS India but i just cannot see him making a huge contribution. especially with Collingwood in scintilating form, and Cook has shown what he can do, i just don't think there is room for the skipper. also, Ian Bell has found his feet now. surely, out of all them, vaughan has to be the worst batsmen.

Vaughan though has a habit of making big scores though, which is what you need in India.

When Vaughan and Tres come back who drops out?

Cook and Colly?

sohummisra said:
If India lose this match, they clearly do not deserve to be number two in the world. The hard work's done. The asking rate is not difficult, they could even stick it out and win. But I hope they do so in style. ;)

Surely to be able to claim No2 spot you need a decent away record?

Sureshot said:
Well done India, we were outplayed other this test.

Doesn't surprise me though that we will lose this series (Mumbai will be flatter than a pancake), if you take 4 players out of a team that has stayed relatively unchanged for 18 months it will affect us.

Vaughan and Trescothick are the 2 batsman who score big runs plus with Tres at slip he adds solidarity there.

By the sounds of Fletchers interview PLunkett will be replaced by a spinner.

Sais- The Number 2 spot is a fantastic battle atm with imo both India, Pakistan and England all an even kilter.

Vaughan though has a habit of making big scores though, which is what you need in India.

When Vaughan and Tres come back who drops out?

Cook and Colly?

he had a habit in Australia once, now hes broken that habbit and has only made one good score of late, once again, against australia, and he was dropped 3 times. other then that and a 50 against pakistan on a pitch where 1000 was on the cards (sarcasm) he has done about as much as a disabled mans dick

Nice insult.........not.

Vaughan has one of the best 50-100 conversion rates in test history.

yes but the problem is, that in 115 innings all or most of which have been at no. 3 or opeing, hes has only 15 tons and 14 fifties in test cricket... thats pretty terrible. in ODIs, he has 15 fifties, and 00000000 tons! thats CRAP! and thats at no. 3!!!! you cannot defend that.

Plunkett was seriously under utilized. The lad was hitting his 130s for crying out loud. He is defenitely quicker than Pathan. Freddie should have shown more confidence in him. The best possible way to have helped Plunkett was to have a short extra cover, who could have limited Irfan Pathan's cover drives. Yuvraj getting out to one would always be in his mind. The game changed for good with the Dravid - Pathan partnership of 76 in 99 balls. That gave the much needed tempo to the Indian innings, which was ambling till that point.

Users who are viewing this thread