Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Conditions a bit gloomy but chances of rain is not high. I hope Indians finish this in the next 20 overs or so.

Sehwag & Dravid better get a move on... they only need to get 70 odd and a few wkts won't hurt them. It would be unpardonable if the match's rained off with 30 odd to get with 8 wkts in hand. They should at least try to score at 4-5 an over.

Is Panesar bowling negative line outside leg like Giles used to in India???

And are Eng pacers bowling wide off stump? Lemme know as am following the match on the net.

Only 55 to win now with 9 wkts in hand :happy

Yeah. All credit to India but this has shown that we really are missing our key players. The tail performing was the reason we got runs in Nagpur. Without Vaughan and Trescothick at the top of the order you don't feel like it's a solid order. Equally with the bowling we've really missed the variety and penetration provided by Simon Jones. Well played India but the cracks in this team have now been exposed sadly.

I am not sure even Tresco & Vaughan would have made much of a difference. However, Simon Jones would have surely made a difference. There's no comparison between Simon Jones and Blackwell/Plunkett.

Sehwag on fire!!! Less than 40 to win for India.

barmyarmy said:
Yeah. All credit to India but this has shown that we really are missing our key players. The tail performing was the reason we got runs in Nagpur. Without Vaughan and Trescothick at the top of the order you don't feel like it's a solid order. Equally with the bowling we've really missed the variety and penetration provided by Simon Jones. Well played India but the cracks in this team have now been exposed sadly.

vaughan is fair useless anyway, hes simply not consistent enough. he only has a good average against the indians and us legendary Aussies, and yes, i know this IS India but i just cannot see him making a huge contribution. especially with Collingwood in scintilating form, and Cook has shown what he can do, i just don't think there is room for the skipper. also, Ian Bell has found his feet now. surely, out of all them, vaughan has to be the worst batsmen.

Dravid should knock off the winning runs.

Man of the Match for me: Anil Kumble or Rahul Dravid. I think it will be Anil Kumble with his nine wickets.

And Vaughan never impressed me. But his captaincy makes a difference.

tsyrmas said:
vaughan is fair useless anyway, hes simply not consistent enough. he only has a good average against the indians and us legendary Aussies, and yes, i know this IS India but i just cannot see him making a huge contribution. especially with Collingwood in scintilating form, and Cook has shown what he can do, i just don't think there is room for the skipper. also, Ian Bell has found his feet now. surely, out of all them, vaughan has to be the worst batsmen.

Vaughan's average in India is crap and wouldn't have made much of a difference. And do remember Collingwood is effectively replacing Vaughan and is doing a great job.

Less than 10 required now :cheers

ZexyZahid said:
Dravid should knock off the winning runs.

Man of the Match for me: Anil Kumble or Rahul Dravid. I think it will be Anil Kumble with his nine wickets.

And Vaughan never impressed me. But his captaincy makes a difference.

What about Munaf Patel... he was pretty impressive as well. But I agree - Kumble or Dravid deserves the MOM award.

Last edited:
England need to have a good look at themselves, the kind of cricket they have played since the Ashes series can only be termed as "POOR".

England's intention was to dethrown Aus and to become the number one team of the world, i'm afraid the way they have been playing lately that looks to be very much unlikely, infact i would say that India have a better chance of that.

England need to consolidate their batting lineup, they have good bowlers, a fine spinner in Pani but their batting is a major worry.

alfa_beta said:
What about Munaf Patel... he was pretty impressive as well. But I agree - Kumble or Dravid deserves the MOM award.

I didn't see the whole match. I just watched the scorecard and drew my conclusion from there.

India need only two runs now.

India made that look easy!!! England should definitely think about getting bowled for 181 - India cantered to 150 at 4.5 an over losing a solitary wicket!

Sehwag finally scores some runs in the 2nd innings !! 3 Cheers !

This win is quite unbelievable in some ways .
On Day 3 , most people were looking ahead to the third test thinking that this may bea dull draw and with India at 153/5 on Day 4, that seemed pretty correct.
Some superb batting by Pathan ( who Iam sure is an allrounder) and Dravid brought them back.
Munaf, finally a bowler who bowls consistently in the mid-140s consistently and with those toe-crushing yorkers really does look a prospect.

The best thing about the win is that they have made things happen .
With Veeru firing again, ENGLAND watch out !

Users who are viewing this thread