Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
waqar younis said:
india nexr series is againt wi
it will be hard for india to win because they gonna play out side of comtinent ;)

i hope they make grassy pitches for your bats man we all know how horrible they play on green top pitch

sorry for the off topic, please excuse me mods.

if the west indian batsmen have to survive against our quicks, they have to prepare flat batting wickets. west indies is a severely depleted side and do not possess the qualities of a good fighting squad. on seaming wickets, munaf patel with irfan pathan and sreesanth will be devastating against them. pathan just needs half an inch of grass on the wicket and he will kill you (forgot karachi's historic hat trick? now dont say he is only good on such wickets becoz we are talking only abt such wickets).

Sureshot said:
So you think with the 4 players we have missing if they were playing we wouldn't be doing any better?

You can't decipher the Number 2 spot on this tour to the sub continent when we have nearly half the team out through injury or personal reasons. And if WIndies and South Africa are so easy then why is Indias away record worse than ours?

When India come here in 2007 it'll be a brilliant series, and as our bowlers can use bounce properly over here I think we'll do better because we saw how it affected Sehwag and Sachin in the first innings.

definitely. but as of now, their form, their resources, etc have shown that india are right now perfectly equipped to be No.2!

well if they can be No.2 or No.1 in the long run will be decided by their away tours! i am sure with more experience, this indian squad can win abroad consistently.

saisrini80 said:
sorry for the off topic, please excuse me mods.

if the west indian batsmen have to survive against our quicks, they have to prepare flat batting wickets. west indies is a severely depleted side and do not possess the qualities of a good fighting squad. on seaming wickets, munaf patel with irfan pathan and sreesanth will be devastating against them. pathan just needs half an inch of grass on the wicket and he will kill you (forgot karachi's historic hat trick? now dont say he is only good on such wickets becoz we are talking only abt such wickets).
That's a good reply mate. :D

Well, Sureshot, I'm too lazy to find and quote your post, but here is my response to it.

How good a cricket team you are does not depend on the XI you field on the field. If that was the case, then we wouldn't have 14 or 15-men squads. Take an example of the sport of basketball--bench strength is an extremely important factor in determining the greatness of a team. England lost one opener, one middle order batsman and one bowler. Are you saying that the English talent is such that in their whole country, they have only 2 decent openers, 4 decent middle order batsmen and 4 decent bowlers (and a semi-decent wicketkeeper)? If that is the case, then I will certainly say the Indian team is better.

We have a competition between three classy players for a spot in the middle order--Yuvraj, Kaif and Laxman. We have a long line of openers who have had more than moderate success at the international level: Sehwag, Gambhir, Jaffer, Chopra, heck we even have SS Das who continues to tonk centuries for Orissa day-in and day-out. And our pace bowling department is bursting at the seams, so to speak. So depth is extremely important in test cricket, and indeed to gage the strength of a side.

When we toured Australia in 2004 and drew the series 1-1, no Aussie cricketer complained that India got close just because Australia fielded a depleted side. They respected the fact that bench strength must be accountable for how good a cricket team a country is. Hence, if India win this series, they definitely deserve to be #2 in the world. And if, in our next tour, about 5 of our players get injured and we lose the series, then we don't deserve to be number 2. How good a player you are also depends on how your fitness affects your performance. There have been players like Boon and Ranatunga who excelled despite being very fit.

Anyhow that's all for today. When's the next test start?

varunvgiri said:
Ramprakash and good. How did those two words come in the same phrase.... :eek:
He averages 50 in First Class cricket, that's on Grass wickets, not those dusty roads they use in India. Where skill is required, rather than in India where the batsmen get themselves out due to boredom.

MUFC1987 said:
He averages 50 in First Class cricket, that's on Grass wickets, not those dusty roads they use in India. Where skill is required, rather than in India where the batsmen get themselves out due to boredom.

You dont need skill to play on India wickets.... :rolleyes:

Why have English teams been losing miserably in India for the past 23 years?? The English batsmen were getting quite easily bored in Mohali. Isnt Kumble and Munaf entertaining..... :D

Dont prove your ignorance by making such silly remarks...

varunvgiri said:
You dont need skill to play on India wickets.... :rolleyes:

Why have English teams been losing miserably in India for the past 23 years?? The English batsmen were getting quite easily bored in Mohali. Isnt Kumble and Munaf entertaining..... :D

Dont prove your ignorance by making such silly remarks...
It was om response to you stating that Ramprakash wasn't good. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

MUFC1987 said:
It was om response to you stating that Ramprakash wasn't good. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

That remark was based on Ramprakash's performance in international cricket.

Aniways, how can you compare Ramprakash who had an extended run in international cricket and Amol who is yet to get a good run in International cricket. Just because Ramprakash failed, why should Alok fail??

varunvgiri said:
That remark was based on Ramprakash's performance in international cricket.

Aniways, how can you compare Ramprakash who had an extended run in international cricket and Amol who is yet to get a good run in International cricket. Just because Ramprakash failed, why should Alok fail??
One's played International Cricket and has centuries to his name, the other can't make the side. Take a damn hint!

Mike Hussey and many others took lot of time to get into the side. It will take time to get into the side, especially with India.
That doesn't rule out any talent or skill they guy has. Re-think your hint, mate!

England might play two spinners, Udal and Panesar. Interesting move...i think if the pitch is a turner, India will most likely, play with 6 specialst batsmen.

MUFC1987 said:
One's played International Cricket and has centuries to his name, the other can't make the side. Take a damn hint!

Any batsman playing International cricket today will score centuries as well, if he plays as long as Ramprakash. How can you say Ramprakash is better than Amol considering that Amol is yet to play International cricket.

He could be a good test batsman, for all you know??? Why should Amol fail because Ramprakash failed??

I sure as hell, dont get the logic behind your comparison.... :rolleyes:

Dasda said:
what i am trying to say its not indias fault that england is not their full strenght so why should they be penalized for that? If they beat englang then they should get #2 ranking. I think what u saying is clearly one sided for england.

I'm not saying it is Indias fault.

Congratulations to India in what looks like a winning series for them.

But surely to consider being Number 2 you need to at least draw with us at home next summer?

MUFC1987 said:

What a sensationally stupid post? Do you mean to say skill is not required to survive on Indian dustbowls? Just like how grassy seaming wickets are challenging for a batsman to survive, the dustbowls are of the same type where you have to slug it out. Grassy wickets are as much challenging as dustbowls of India!

MUFC1987 said:
each country has their own specific type of pitches where a cricketer gets accustomed to through long run...........
u just can't compare them
it's just that the english are accustomed to green pitches as it's there home turf and like them ........which may be diff to others
and the same implies for the indians for dusty pitches
and mind u batting against spinner is realy a test of a batsman's technique!!!

Users who are viewing this thread