• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
varunvgiri said:
Any batsman playing International cricket today will score centuries as well, if he plays as long as Ramprakash. How can you say Ramprakash is better than Amol considering that Amol is yet to play International cricket.

He could be a good test batsman, for all you know??? Why should Amol fail because Ramprakash failed??

I sure as hell, dont get the logic behind your comparison.... :rolleyes:
Um, just to clear things, what I meant was is that they are both very good classy batsmen who just couldn't convert their ability into the test arena, either due to lack of opportunities or failing to grab them. They score runs day in and day out in domestic cricket, yet for some reason can't make the test team, and are probably destined never to again, being wasted talents.

Anyone read this BS Article in Times of India called "Exit Mindless Viru".
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/
His scores shown are all wrong, you can't talk about ODI and Test scores in the same breath. Two bad games and the media is all over him.
My position is he will do better in the middle order, but that's unrealistic because there's no room there, whatsoever.

s2sschan said:
His scores shown are all wrong, you can't talk about ODI and Test scores in the same breath. Two bad games and the media is all over him.
My position is he will do better in the middle order, but that's unrealistic because there's no room there, whatsoever.

I hate those media man. In one match Pathan didn't perform then all media was over him. Then next match he performed then media started talking good about him. I don't like someone talking crap about Pathan he's my fav player. One match didn't perform so it happens but he has been performing in each and every match now. And you're right Viru should come in middle order.

You're right. The scores are way incorrect. I don't think it was his ODI scores as well...so i don't know where they got the stats from.

It happens in cricket, you don't lose your talent over night. He plays in his own way and has done good for India.

Its the media!

Sureshot said:
Doesn't piss me off :D

I just mean that a better test of Number 2 would surely be full strength vs full strength not full strength vs a team with nearly half the team out?

Sorry but the country that deserves no.2 spot should have a good squad not a good team.

England thus dont deserve if thats the case that they dont have a good enough bench.

s2sschan said:

I think if not for opening Sehwag would have been dropped by now.

Sehwag though good is quite inconsistent . If guys like Laxman,Ganguly couldnt cling on to thier middle order berths ,Sehwag would have had it hard to continue at no.5 or 6.

Also about the Mazumdar v/s Ramprakash thing.

It is Mazumdar's bad luck that the guy was born in such an era where he had to slug out against some of the best ever. Ramprakash wasl ucky in that context that he got ot play international cricket at that time when ENgland were really down and experimented with lot of youngsters.

Mazumdar had to wait a long time.He was the next man in the world record partenship between Sach & K.mbli.He was padded up for 2 days and still didnt get to bat after that.

Maybe thats his fate.

s2sschan said:

Viru has to be clearly explained that his natural game is not going to take him anywhere. Not even in the ODI's. He HAS to exercise caution and has to restrain himself while batting. He goes after deliveries that ought not to be hit and that causes his downfall. And he has been doing it quite regularly. And when asked abt it, he says "I love to play my natural game and thats how I play". To hell with that! He possesses the ability to change the fate of a match within a session. The fall of his wicket brings down the shutter in the Indian batting and all that the other batsmen do is play out for a draw.

We all saw his fast he can score even if he is restrained, at Mohali. He started off slowly but once he spent time at the middle, he started flowing.

vibs89 said:
I hate those media man. In one match Pathan didn't perform then all media was over him. Then next match he performed then media started talking good about him. I don't like someone talking crap about Pathan he's my fav player. One match didn't perform so it happens but he has been performing in each and every match now. And you're right Viru should come in middle order.

Pathan should not be dropped. He though can give a ear to the flaws that the commentators or the media look into his game. Just asking the media and the former players to mind their own business is not the right way to go! What do the former players gain by showing Pathan some flaws in his game? Are they going to disgrace him? Are they trying to show that he is lesser than the other bowlers of his generation? NO! They are just helping him out! Micheal Holding, Imran Khan, etc tried to notice some corrections that need to be made in Pathan's bowling. Pathan needs to take it in his stride, see if its really necessary for those corrections to be made and act accordingly.

He was terribly wrong when he asked the former players who commented on his bowling to "mind their own business"

ronny_kingsley said:
Sorry but the country that deserves no.2 spot should have a good squad not a good team.

England thus dont deserve if thats the case that they dont have a good enough bench.

That's absolute rubbish. Obviously the team balance, morale and levels of communication are going to be seriously affected by having different players as the environment is completely different. They don't know how to work as a team unit as effectively, and they don't really know each other's stronger and weaker aspects. Just look at Australia, they have quality back up players (some of which they don't actually select...), yet the team suffers as they don't know how to communicate with each other, which situations to put them in, their level of confidence, personality or specific abilities. And how successful have Australia been?

sometimes, the media can get to your nerves. Its not that media wants to help Pathan. They just want to fill their pockets, get publicity. But all this at teh expense of a player's concentration?

Pathan did the right thing, taking the media to the task. I hope other players follow the suit, the players should have a foot over the media...not the vice-versa.

James219 said:
That's absolute rubbish. Obviously the team balance, morale and levels of communication are going to be seriously affected by having different players as the environment is completely different. They don't know how to work as a team unit as effectively, and they don't really know each other's stronger and weaker aspects. Just look at Australia, they have quality back up players (some of which they don't actually select...), yet the team suffers as they don't know how to communicate with each other, which situations to put them in, their level of confidence, personality or specific abilities. And how successful have Australia been?

I doubt Australia having a good bench strength in bowling.

Batting no doubt Australia churns out exciting new talents every now and then.

But since Brett Lee (99-00 Indian tour) no youngster has come up in bowling and held onto his spot or has been upto the mark (Aussie benchmark).

Thats why maybe they are struggling just that little nowadays.

Australia were considered the best not for the 11 guys that played on the field but for those not playing .

We dont judge AUstralia by Warney's bowling prowess(we all know that)but by the fact that McGill doesnt get to play matches.

Guys like Hussey didnt get to play till this long.This is what AUstralian crikcet's gretaness all about .

SOrry to say this but the Poms always had the team but not the squad and they are struggling and will continue to unless they find a bench good enough to emulate the playing XI

ronny_kingsley said:

Batting no doubt Australia churns out exciting new talents every now and then.

But since Brett Lee (99-00 Indian tour) no youngster has come up in bowling and held onto his spot or has been upto the mark (Aussie benchmark).

Thats why maybe they are struggling just that little nowadays.

Australia were considered the best not for the 11 guys that played on the field but for those not playing .

We dont judge AUstralia by Warney's bowling prowess(we all know that)but by the fact that McGill doesnt get to play matches.

Guys like Hussey didnt get to play till this long.This is what AUstralian crikcet's gretaness all about .

SOrry to say this but the Poms always had the team but not the squad and they are struggling and will continue to unless they find a bench good enough to emulate the playing XI
Can't remember the last time I agreed with one of your posts wholeheartedly.

saisrini80 said:
Viru has to be clearly explained that his natural game is not going to take him anywhere. Not even in the ODI's. He HAS to exercise caution and has to restrain himself while batting. He goes after deliveries that ought not to be hit and that causes his downfall. And he has been doing it quite regularly. And when asked abt it, he says "I love to play my natural game and thats how I play". To hell with that! He possesses the ability to change the fate of a match within a session. The fall of his wicket brings down the shutter in the Indian batting and all that the other batsmen do is play out for a draw.

We all saw his fast he can score even if he is restrained, at Mohali. He started off slowly but once he spent time at the middle, he started flowing.
I think Sehwag deserves to play his natural game after the kinds of knocks he has gotten from it. The Indian fans need to let him do just that otherwise he could go the Ganguly way.

saisrini80 said:
sorry for the off topic, please excuse me mods.

if the west indian batsmen have to survive against our quicks, they have to prepare flat batting wickets. west indies is a severely depleted side and do not possess the qualities of a good fighting squad. on seaming wickets, munaf patel with irfan pathan and sreesanth will be devastating against them. pathan just needs half an inch of grass on the wicket and he will kill you (forgot karachi's historic hat trick? now dont say he is only good on such wickets becoz we are talking only abt such wickets).
The way Indian selectors have been working, I see no more than one "quickie" playing in the final XI, namely Patel.

ronny_kingsley said:

Well actually they do, but just aren't used. Guys like Tait obviously, even Gillespie, Griffith, Bollinger, Bichel, Hilfenhaus coming through and Rofe. Add Clark to that as he's now on the brink and just receiving his first opportunities.

ronny_kingsley said:
Mazumdar had to wait a long time.He was the next man in the world record partenship between Sach & K.mbli.He was padded up for 2 days and still didnt get to bat after that.
That must have been one heck of a school team! :eek:
Which school was that? Produced Sachin, Kambli and Muzdamar!

Both of them deserve more chances.

Confirmation that Steve Harmison is out of the final test. Our all-star attack will now include Plunkett, Udal and Panesar.

barmyarmy said:
Confirmation that Steve Harmison is out of the final test. Our all-star attack will now include Plunkett, Udal and Panesar.

lol
:D

Yay! go udal, panesar and plunkett!

Thats a big blow, but i still hope its not a one-sided affair.

Users who are viewing this thread