Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
waqar younis, thanks for the entertainment...though by now, we are used to it. May be you are enjoying your last days at PC.

When and what is the next series after England?

cricket_lover said:
waqar younis, thanks for the entertainment...though by now, we are used to it. May be you are enjoying your last days at PC.

When and what is the next series after England?

india nexr series is againt wi
it will be hard for india to win because they gonna play out side of comtinent ;)

i hope they make grassy pitches for your bats man we all know how horrible they play on green top pitch

Last edited:
gaurav_indian said:
That's the main problem we have,we tends to remember the inning he played
two years ago but forgot how well Kaif played in Nagpur test.We are not seeing the current performance ut remember the two years back performance.

We also forget about all the scintillating ODI performances by Kaif in the last few months and a Laxman's match winning century v/s SL (and to an extent match saving 90 v/s Pak).

sohummisra said:
I don't we really need to bring either of Kaif or Laxman into the team, do we? If it's a good pitch, we have 5 batsmen, Dhoni and Pathan to do the job. If it is a bad pitch, it is very unlikely that Kaif or Laxman will add enough to make a difference. Anyways, whatever the team, I hope India go into this game aggressively, and looking for a 2-0 series win. Only bad things will happen if we try to relax on our laurels and pick up a draw and the #2 spot.

As for England's clutching of the #2 spot, most of it came because of 2 easy series victories against West Indies. The South Africa team wasn't on top form then, though the achievement was notable. The victory against Australia holds credit anytime, though. However, when you balance out two away victories against West Indies and South Africa with two away losses (if it so turns out) against India and Pakistan, your ranking's bound to fall.

That said, if England draw this series, then they deserve the #2 spot because they have managed away victories all around the world (except Australia).

So you think with the 4 players we have missing if they were playing we wouldn't be doing any better?

You can't decipher the Number 2 spot on this tour to the sub continent when we have nearly half the team out through injury or personal reasons. And if WIndies and South Africa are so easy then why is Indias away record worse than ours?

When India come here in 2007 it'll be a brilliant series, and as our bowlers can use bounce properly over here I think we'll do better because we saw how it affected Sehwag and Sachin in the first innings.

My first post in this thread.

Look im not going to bias for what i am going to say about what u said because i am from india. If there is any team i love to watch other than india its england. As for the #2 rank you cant use injuries and personal reasons as an excuse. If sachin was to be injured for the next 2 years does that mean india should hold the #3 spot no matter if they loose to pakistan? Injuries will always happen in sports. The best fit players dont get them often. Its not like india is not a injured side also. Yuvraj was in best form against pakistan but got hurt in last ODI and missed the first test. Sreesanth who india relied on got sick and missed the second test. The deep teams have replacements as we saw india replace yuvraj with kaif and sreesanth with patel. Its a country vs country injuries cannot be used as a excuse. Injuries are only used as excuse when playing against friends when u cant get replacements.

I hope it doesnt piss u off Sureshot as england is a great team. I think they have some great players. Whoever wins deserves #2 rank.

Last edited:
The thing is even the Saffers can move up to No 2, if they whitewash the aussies. (I might stand corrected!). Its an issue of winning the series, ranking is a result of that.

Dasda said:
Look im not going to bias for what i am going to say about what u said because i am from india. If there is any team i love to watch other than india its england. As for the #2 rank you cant use injuries and personal reasons as an excuse. If sachin was to be injured for the next 2 years does that mean india should hold the #3 spot no matter if they loose to pakistan? Injuries will always happen in sports. The best fit players dont get them often. Its not like india is not a injured side also. Yuvraj was in best form against pakistan but got hurt in last ODI and missed the first test. Sreesanth who india relied on got sick and missed the second test. The deep teams have replacements as we saw india replace yuvraj with kaif and sreesanth with patel. Its a country vs country injuries cannot be used as a excuse. Injuries are only used as excuse when playing against friends when u cant get replacements.

I hope it doesnt piss u off Sureshot as england is a great team. I think they have some great players. Whoever wins deserves #2 rank.

I have to say, even with the injuries, the inability for some of our batsmen to apply themselves is a huge worry, again. If we're ever going to win in the sub-continent we have to make more than 300 runs in the first innings. This has been crucial so far in this series, as both times we've managed to get India out whilst they're trailing or when they've just got their noses ahead. No blame attached to the bowlers at all, they couldn't have done much more.

Players like Strauss, Bell and Pietersen should be going on to get big scores on pitches like the ones we've played on so far. I would say Flintoff too, although he has done his fair share of work, as you should still be looking for more once past 50.

Dasda said:

Doesn't piss me off :D

I just mean that a better test of Number 2 would surely be full strength vs full strength not full strength vs a team with nearly half the team out?

Sureshot said:
So you think with the 4 players we have missing if they were playing we wouldn't be doing any better?

You can't decipher the Number 2 spot on this tour to the sub continent when we have nearly half the team out through injury or personal reasons. And if WIndies and South Africa are so easy then why is Indias away record worse than ours?

When India come here in 2007 it'll be a brilliant series, and as our bowlers can use bounce properly over here I think we'll do better because we saw how it affected Sehwag and Sachin in the first innings.

All teams suffer injuries - the aussies won in india without their captain and best batsmen in ponting for example - some teams have more depth than others. Australia has had a warneless year, a year without mcgrath, and still didn't miss a heartbeat. Depth counts towards being the number 1 or number 2 ranked team in the world....you can't consider yourself anywhere near the top if you only bob up now and again with a couple of series wins.

valvolux said:
Australia has had a warneless year, .
Tell me, you're not comparing what he did to someone who is unlucky enough to get an injury?

I disagree with sureshot

Sureshot said:
Doesn't piss me off :D

I just mean that a better test of Number 2 would surely be full strength vs full strength not full strength vs a team with nearly half the team out?

what i am trying to say its not indias fault that england is not their full strenght so why should they be penalized for that? If they beat englang then they should get #2 ranking. I think what u saying is clearly one sided for england.

Back to wasted talents: That spinner with the huge name. He should have had a few tests. And Amol Muzdamar should return. Guess he is the Indian Mark Ramprakash...

ZoraxDoom said:
. And Amol Muzdamar should return. Guess he is the Indian Mark Ramprakash...
Don't get ahead of yourself, he's not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread