• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
ZoraxDoom said:
Manly c&b? you seriously expect that this fluke means that he will be getting c&bs for the rest of career? C'mon! He took 7 wickets, only 2 c&b. That is hardly 'mainly'. He also has 2 caught behinds and 2 bowleds, how come those aren't mainly?

As far as I'm concerned, considering the judicious use of the slower ball that he employed, and the batsmen that he chose to use this delivery against, this was a piece of intelligent cricket on his part.

I know that his career is yet young, but even at this stage his looks a prodigious talent, and one that Indian cricket would do well to nurture. If I were included in the determination of Indian selection policy, I'd be inclined to play the three seamers (Pathan, Sreesanth and Munaf Patel) and the two senior spinners in the side. Chawla will be given his chance, but for the moment I feel that it would be expedient of India to keep Harbajan in the side- he's been too good a bowler over the years to discard him peremptorily at this stage.

I'm not saying Munaf is bad, heck I think he'll be the best pacer we produce after Kapil and Srinath...

ZoraxDoom said:
Manly c&b? you seriously expect that this fluke means that he will be getting c&bs for the rest of career? C'mon! He took 7 wickets, only 2 c&b. That is hardly 'mainly'. He also has 2 caught behinds and 2 bowleds, how come those aren't mainly?

He never mentioned 'fluke' ZD.

Munaf bowled pretty well, did get some help from our batsman though.

Not like all 7 wickets were balls of the century, but then no one bowls them that often.

harishankar said:
I don't remember whether Australia fielded two spinners on that pitch. Nonetheless, I don't understand your point on the match length. Could you elaborate?

The game only lasted that long on the mumbai pitch due to the spinners coming into action, i think australia did play two spiners, one was michael clarke and the other, i cant remember his name, but it was the only test he has played so far in his career.

ZoraxDoom said:
No, I did. I called having two C&Bs in a mtach a fluke, as in not to be taken as a serious indication of what to come...

C&Bs aren't flukes though if that is what you're implying (might have wrong end of the stick), the bowlers more often than not particularly spinners defeat the batsman.

Sureshot said:
C&Bs aren't flukes though if that is what you're implying (might have wrong end of the stick), the bowlers more often than not particularly spinners defeat the batsman.
Nope, that wasn't what I was implying. A fast bowler getting 2 in a match (let alone in the same innings) is a fluke is what I am implying...and it isn't something that should be an indication of the rest of his career...

Well still I think that Harbhajan should be given a chance, all I'm saying is the Munaf is inexperienced and unless India field 5 bowlers then he shouldn't be in the team. This is an important match and they'll need all their experienced players to take full advantage of England's injury woes.

hondeyho said:
Well still I think that Harbhajan should be given a chance, all I'm saying is the Munaf is inexperienced and unless India field 5 bowlers then he shouldn't be in the team. This is an important match and they'll need all their experienced players to take full advantage of England's injury woes.
I haven't read the messages in the previous few pages (I will now) but if they don't pick Munaf, I don't see the reasoning behind it. In two matches against England (one FC and one Test), he has picked up 17/40 wickets. That is almost half the English wickets. So why shouldn't they play him? In case he leads them to victory? Anyway, let me read the rest of the pages, but I just had to reply to that statement.

I think it depends on the pitch really. If it's a dustbowl Harbhajan will probably keep his place. Is Sreesanth ok for this test?

Yes, but we can't discard Munaf for his inexperience, especially looking at his form, and furthermore seeing that Sreesanth isn't terribly more experienced than he is. I haven't read anything of the pitch, but if it is a dustbowl, Kumble and Bhajji should suffice. I think we should well take the risk of playing 5 bowlers, especially since England are missing Harmison. However, seeing that we have a 1-0 lead going into the final game, we may take a more defensive approach with 6 batsmen + Dhoni + Pathan.

My bowling lineup:
Munaf Patel
Sreesanth
Pathan
Bhajji
Kumble

Munaf and Sreesanth should start the bowling attack since they're both quick.

Kratz said:
My bowling lineup:
Munaf Patel
Sreesanth
Pathan
Bhajji
Kumble

Munaf and Sreesanth should start the bowling attack since they're both quick.
u just can't start without pathan's swing

Sureshot said:
He never mentioned 'fluke' ZD.

Munaf bowled pretty well, did get some help from our batsman though.

Not like all 7 wickets were balls of the century, but then no one bowls them that often.

good balls doesn't have to be ball of the century.
In that case, most of warne's/mcgrath/kumble/walsh etc wickets will be the greatest.

Munaf bowled well, he deceived with slower delivery and batsmen got fooled by playing the ball early.

Dravid indicated that Laxman will be back into the team. It was just a temporary exit for laxman.
We should see Chawla making way for him.

Users who are viewing this thread