• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
JamesyJames3 said:
Nah, I wouldnt say we needed to pick up a wicket earlier. It would help but the main aim is to get India out on the 3rd day, hopefully with a lead at least of 80.
I think this pitch is still good to bat on, and given Dravid's run of form, England would need an early breakthrough to ensure that India don't go on the offensive on them.

indeed. Dravid will be the key, and Indian tail wagged so far in the series, so it'll still be an interesting contest.

England got the early wicket of Yuvraj, as they needed, and now have also snared the wall. Let's see how much resistance the Indian tail can possibly put up.

Well Matt Prior will be relived.
Pathan and Dhoni can take the game away from England,
One of these must go cheaply from an England perspective.
From an Indian perspective, they need a partnership from these two.

I think the problem is that the deficit is really pretty big, still. We needed Dravid to stick around. Oh well, things can happen in cricket, but these guys need to play somewhat cautiously.

India 153/5 (61.0 ov)
India trail by 247 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

India is playing this match to lose! First playing with 5 batsmen knowing that they only need to draw the match to win the series. Then won the toss and sent the opposition in to bat on a batting pitch. Too many drop catches in the field. And poor batting! They threw away their wickets especially, Sachin, Sehwag and Yuvi. By looking at the last few deliveries Dravid played before getting out that he wanted to get out. He was dropped on a terrible shot. The match is over for India! I doing see Dhoni or Pathan don't anything. England will get lead of 150+ for sure. Great victory for England is coming up.

Its not over for India.
Pathan and Dhoni can build a partnership and get India back in,
Kumble and Harbajan can bat so runs from them could turn out well for India.

Sureshot said:
Not many teams will beat Australia in Australia.

To be No 2 in the world (excuse the ICC rankings they don't work completely imo) you need a decent away record, even if it's only beating South Africa, West Indies and New Zealand away, like England have done.

India need to do it off the sub continent too.

Really interesting 18 months in Cricket though, everyone will agree.

Well what you say should be the benchmark for the subcontinental teams.

But for England they should win in subcontinent cos these are the alien conditons for them not WI,SA,NZ .

England for no.2 well they should build a bench first and then dream of it.

A great session for England! I am starting to get attracted to Andrew Flintoff. Brilliant bowling, inspirational captaincy, great work. I admire these young captains like Flintoff, Graeme Smith, etc. These guys are really good.

Dhoni and Pathan need a sensational partnership here to bail India out. As I said before, even a lead of 50 will be great for England. But we have our best batsmen coming up (Considering that our lower order has scored more runs than the top in these last few tests!).

England well on the driver's seat but I wish to think India is not out of it yet! Dhoni looked good in the first session and survived a nasty blow. Should be a very exciting session now! Over to the match rite now!

RoboRocks said:
Its not over for India.
Pathan and Dhoni can build a partnership and get India back in,
Kumble and Harbajan can bat so runs from them could turn out well for India.

I agree. If these guys bat well, India can still hope to get out of this with these guys.

Experimentatons should stop now for Tests.

They must be confined to ODI's only. Even Australia plays Gilchrist at no.7 and SL plays 6 batsman plus Sangakkara.

Bowler's if 5 picked should have atleast 2 domestic allrounders (some guys think so )
like Agarkar,Powar etc.

Sreesanth again bowled well but was more lucky (if thats the word) than Munaf.

India even in WI should first try not to loose rather than winning outright.

Indians have to spend some time in the middle during their remaining batting.1st they need to avoid the follow on and then play session by session.

Well if we ever drop Geraint Jones, please don't play Matt Prior. In two matches he has dropped two absolute dolly catches. Can he not catch without keeper gloves on?
I feel we should have bowled a seamer after lunch. The spinners are keeping it tight but don't look like taking a wicket.

Can't Flintoff see that Panesar and Udal aren't taking wickets and that the seamers are! Panesar is keeping it tight but Udal has an economy of 4! Take him off!

Users who are viewing this thread