Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I think with Sehwag coming at no.7, Tendulkar should drop to 5. That way, if a wicket falls, there is Dravid and after him there is Yuvraj. If Tendulkar comes during the middle of tomorrows play with the reqrunrate rising, then he can play shots. Sachin is usually good while attacking and would get out if he has to bat for a draw. For eg, the Nagpur test where he smased 28 of 18 balls.

This is getting close. India need to play slightly restrainingly, to ensure that they don't lose the match in going for a win. This is exactly the situation England would have wanted, except with perhaps a few more runs on the board and a few more overs to bowl at the Indians.

Kumble coming up the order means that we lose his 'sticking' value down the order. Another problem is that both Jaffer and Kumble are grafters. We do not want to be controlled by the bowling, like England were.

From what I understand, the surgery on Tendulkar's shoulder will keep him out of cricket for 2 months. It will probably take those 2 months to make sure the surgery has worked and that he is recuperating properly. As such, the injury is probably one that won't affect him too much, but will be problematic in the long-run if it is ignored for too long. India have many back-to-back tours, and this was probably the best time to do it.

The target of 295 on a 5th day mumbai pitch is deceptively tricky and India must play normal game in the 1st 2 sessions, i mean slightly more positive than they played in somewhat similar situation in Nagpur and concentrate on not losing wickets in the 1st 2 sessions.Kumble can do a big favour to his team if he stands at the crease for some more overs till the ball does not remain that new.
There's a lot of pressure on Sachin but on a 5th day pitch it will be really difficult for him.Dravid,Dhoni and Yuvraj will have to play good sensible cricket.
Overall an interesting day's cricket appears to be in store for all of us.

sohummisra said:
Kumble coming up the order means that we lose his 'sticking' value down the order. Another problem is that both Jaffer and Kumble are grafters. We do not want to be controlled by the bowling, like England were.
Rules do not permit the Sehwag to bat till India lose five wickets.Maybe for this reason we saw this change in the batting line up.
However this move can act as a double edged sword.We might need the heroics of Sehwag and Dhoni late in the innings or an early wicket on day 5 could put a psychological barrier in the minds of the Indians.

Last edited:
India are not interested in winning this match, they will look to bat out the day and take a 1-0 series win.
Iam sure this will be a draw if England don't get Dravid early tommorrow, first they need to get rid of Jaffer or Kumble.

India probably won't win, seeing as no team has won a game in India with a score hgiher than 266 (I think). I think England will win, or a close draw.

Drewska said:
Yes, but they don't have to tommorow do they? :p

Seeing the positive manner in which the coach functions, I am sure Indians would not repeat their previous mistakes which caused their downfall. They will assess the situation after lunch and after tea and if the target is achievable, they will go for it. The pitch is still playing good. That occasional ball jumps and turns off the pitch but with the inexperience of the England spinners and the way the Indian players bat against spinners, India can be optmistic! The thing England did is, they did not rotate the strike well at all in the second innings. Agreed driving was not easy on this wicket but when you keep rotating the strike and keep the scoreboard ticking, the boundaries will come anytime!

RoboRocks said:
India are not interested in winning this match, they will look to bat out the day and take a 1-0 series win.
Iam sure this will be a draw if England don't get Dravid early tommorrow, first they need to get rid of Jaffer or Kumble.

Sorry mate, I didnt know you were from the Indian camp. I thought u were English! :rolleyes:

BELLIGERENT BOMBAY CROWDS

The belligerence and immaturity shown by some fans in Wankhede, although not surprising, should not be tolerated. It's not enough to dismiss them as Idiots, they do deserve a slap on the wrist for some of the things they have been saying.

For example, "Flintoff is a *******" , was being repeated chanted when England were consolidating. Yuvraj Singh was repeatedly called a "Moron" for dropping catches and Tendulkar was understandably booed.

Calling Opposition players names is untolerable, since it goes against the Indian tradition of respecting guests. The clowns who called Flintoff a ******* should have been kicked out of the stadium.

******* stands for an illegitimate offspring, or a child born to unwed parents.

Boxing Gloves

saisrini80 said:
Sorry mate, I didnt know you were from the Indian camp. I thought u were English! :rolleyes:

Voooh! Man that was a left hook, he didn't see it comming at all.
Sai's got his boxing gloves on. Beware!!! :cheers

The Bombay crowd has not been very polite on recent occasions. It is probably because of the high presence of youths at the games who are just starting to pick up English swear words. :p

I predict this is how the Indian scorecard will look like:

Jaffer-43
Pathan-6
Kumble-22
Dravid-109
Sachin-39
Yuvi-5
Sehwag-47*
Dhoni-30*
Bhajji
Sreesanth
Munaf
Extras-12
Total: 313/6
MoM- Rahul Dravid and Man of the series- Rahul Dravid

I think that bringing Kumble up was purposeful, in that it may relieve some pressure from Tendulkar. If Dravid can place Tendulkar in a spot where that latter is able to play more attacking shots with reckless abandon-or something of that sort, we may see some sort of resurgence. Alternatively, Dravid may be looking to rest Tendulkar.

Kratz said:
I predict this is how the Indian scorecard will look like:

Jaffer-43
Pathan-6
Kumble-22
Dravid-109
Sachin-39
Yuvi-5
Sehwag-47*
Dhoni-30*
Bhajji
Sreesanth
Munaf
Extras-12
Total: 313/6
MoM- Rahul Dravid and Man of the series- Rahul Dravid

Making it look abit easy perhaps? We saw yesterday (or heard!) that every time you looked to up the run rate, wickets fell. Whilst the situation warranted a cool head, I don't think Flintoff would've taken 146 balls to make 50 had it been easier.

Users who are viewing this thread