Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
The thing is that England cannot settle for a draw in this match, which means that they will have to set up attacking fields. India were content with squeezing the run rate. The reason the wickets fell were because England needed to set a target. England are not really in a similar position. They are looking for wickets. Only if India get close to the target will they try and stifle the runs.

This is why, I feel England will set pretty attack fields to start off with, and if the Indians cruise, then they will look to defend. If they pick up a few early wickets, including that of Dravid, you can expect them to forget about the runs altogether.

I think this is going to be a tight one. Indian wickets will fall surly but it will not mean that they will lose. Someone, may be Sehwag, Yuvi or Dhoni will stand up and save the game.

prarara said:
I think that bringing Kumble up was purposeful, in that it may relieve some pressure from Tendulkar. If Dravid can place Tendulkar in a spot where that latter is able to play more attacking shots with reckless abandon-or something of that sort, we may see some sort of resurgence. Alternatively, Dravid may be looking to rest Tendulkar.
Alternatively, Kumble is a pretty good nightwatchman :)

Kratz said:
I predict this is how the Indian scorecard will look like:

Jaffer-43
Pathan-6
Kumble-22
Dravid-109
Sachin-39
Yuvi-5
Sehwag-47*
Dhoni-30*
Bhajji
Sreesanth
Munaf
Extras-12
Total: 313/6
MoM- Rahul Dravid and Man of the series- Rahul Dravid

That scorecard looks really good but I dont expect it to happen! If it happens, fantastic!

Dravid is going to be our biggest hope. if he falls, England will put their foot firmly on the door of victory!

Kratz said:

Jaffer-43
Pathan-6
Kumble-22
Dravid-109
Sachin-39
Yuvi-5
Sehwag-47*
Dhoni-30*
Bhajji
Sreesanth
Munaf
Extras-12
Well, Kumble is gone but he did play 22 balls though.:D

Psychic

Kratz said:

Jaffer-43
Pathan-6
Kumble-22
Dravid-109
Sachin-39
Yuvi-5
Sehwag-47*
Dhoni-30*
Bhajji
Sreesanth
Munaf
Extras-12

If true, I'll be totally impressed with your psychic/analytical talents.

Does anyone know a site which shows scores faster than Cricinfo or NDTV? Seems like there are too many people on Cricinfo.

Close shout Flintoff to Tendulkar.
We need Dravid to do prove he's not a machine. He hasn't failed once in this series.

India under serious pressure here, England are obviously dictating terms and will look to constantly attack.
Off-Topic: What's Flintoff's lowest score been in this series, excluding the tour matches, ?

Sachin looking good so far in this innings. He strike rate is pretty good too. This match is far from over.

EDIT: Flintoff's lowest score so far in this series is 43 in the first match. Since then he has got four 50s in a row.

Last edited:
Gosh that's pretty good, he's handled the captaincy brilliantly. It was always an advantage as he's an inspirational figure, but is also helped out by the fact he's leading inexperienced players looking up to him.

all three results possible, good to see tendulkar among runs.
You're right, Flintoff led the team brilliantly, and the bowling made the difference. Like experts say, they hunted in pairs, in all three matches. Very ideal bowling attack.

Users who are viewing this thread