Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Sensational, really sensational stuff from England! I still maintain a positive approach would serve India better. Their run rate in the first session was 2.3 or something. Now its 0.4 or something. Its again proved that India most often loses when looking to bat out for a draw.

1-1 is not at all a good result for India! I wish Dravid hands over the trophy to Flintoff. This guy deserves it. A big kick on the back is needed for a lot of guys in our team!

I am off to sleep now. I dont want to watch the last rites being doled out to the Indians!

One Smiley - :crying:

india have played really poor in this test match esp. the batting
department. :(

i dont see even a draw from here onwards... england win 99.99 % for me.
it has to a miracle if india even draw this match.

well played england..kudos to the poms !

i'll watch the whole match though..will be intresting to see what dravid
says.

Well, I do think it all goes back to the toss. England struggled in their 2nd innings too--ample proof that the pitch is becoming almost impossible to bat on. Of course, I haven't watched a single ball being bowled. But anyhow--that choice proved fatal. As I said earlier, I want to read the post-match interview just to see how Dravid goes about justifying the team management's decision to bowl first.

Probably, it'll be something like, "There were overcast conditions, so we thought we would make use of them." Maybe in an ODI match. Anyhow, as stated previously somewhere in this thread, I will admit:

India do not deserve to be #2. If they cannot hold up a depleted England side at home, they are up for some trouble overseas. However, I put quite a lot of blame in this match, in particular, on the team management. Of course, good cricket was played.

A miracle has happened! We have got not one, but two boundaries... in the same over!

Well if India are going to draw now these two will have to stick around for at least 30 overs, its not impossible, but its a big ask.

RoboRocks said:
Well if India are going to draw now these two will have to stick around for at least 30 overs, its not impossible, but its a big ask.
But if these two stick for 30 overs India will win the match. ;)

Very intelligent batting from Dhoni, no doubt.
Let's see, now. Harbhajan, Munaf and Sreesanth. There's hope, we have Sreesanth to come!

Brilliant display by England, to be this resilient with the injuries in mind takes alot, and some top class leadership from Flintoff. Udal's not having a bad match either, which'll probably turn out to be his last.
Not much maturity shown by Dhoni coming off his last innings which sounded pretty decent.

what was he trying to do he barely faced 11 ballz :mad
man we desperatly need VVS Laxman back

Last edited:
This game was all over when Dravid and Tendulkar went in quick succession. We all knew judging by England's innings that there were a lot of wickets in this pitch - and England took advantage of that. Sending in Pathan and then Kumble was a big mistake by Dravid, and of course who can forget his memorable decision on the first day?

Does anyone still think India is the best batting line up in the world?, I dont, its just too much overhyped.

I'm Very dissapointed with the outcome, oh well, I hope thier will be better days for India to come.

Users who are viewing this thread