Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Terrible,at lunch India were looking good but excellent bowling by Flintoff and Udal,but India all out for just 100 is pretty much a disaster.

Agreed. Both teams have found a combination of youth players who have performed exceedingly well. Cook, Panesar and Shah all performed brilliantly in the most difficult conditions they will experience in their career, Munaf Patel and Sreesanth have shown that they have the goods to represent India in the future and perhaps they have finally solved the problem of a good quality fast bowling attack.

England were the better team of the two and they well deserved this victory.Playing with a depleted side they put up a brilliant show.They were better in all aspects..Batting,bowling and fielding.
Should India look forward to different teams for ODI and test matches.I mean player selection in both these form of games should also include a parameter of temperament.

Last edited:
The Indians on the ICF site are claiming the match was fixed. Apparently it's the only thing that can explain the strange fact that their batting collapsed.

I can not believe I fell asleep just before the afternoon session, how irritating!! Top series, really enjoyable most of the time, even just listening to it. Looking forward to 2007 in England when both sides could well be better than they are now.

barmyarmy said:
Shaun Udal I believe now tops the bowling averages!!!

Nope, Jimmy sneaks ahead of him by .24 :D

What now?

I think the Indian think tank must get together to discuss their motives.
Sehwag ,Harbhajn should be dropped from the side.
If you have to make a world class side ensure the world class performance.
Also tendulkar definately needs a break from cricket.Hope the team comes back in good shape for the WC.

I also feel that S Ganguly should be back in the side in the ODI

Originally Posted by Kratz
I predict this is how the Indian scorecard will look like:

Jaffer-43
Pathan-6
Kumble-22
Dravid-109
Sachin-39
Yuvi-5
Sehwag-47*
Dhoni-30*
Bhajji
Sreesanth
Munaf
Extras-12
Total: 313/6
MoM- Rahul Dravid and Man of the series- Rahul Dravid

LOL ! just saw this a few pages back.

Great result by England, glad i set my alarm for 7:30 am (just as 2nd session started).

newzolt said:
Well that's how Dhoni plays!

Like a prat? :D

Well done to our boys, I remember arguing with Sohummisra (IIRC) about our back up players not being good enough.

Hmm, seems they were better than i thought.

7-25 hmm not bad.

Freddie as brilliant as ever, I won't be a hypocrite and say Udal should be in the next team :D

Well done to England, impressive win. I wonder what the fallout will be in india - chappell really needed to pinch this one to save face after the drubbing in pakistan. A series they should've won.

barmyarmy said:
It's a real shame this is only a 3 test series.
After 3 in the Ashes it was 1-1.

I'm not sorry. It'll be nice to get my messed up body clock back to some normality! Nah, I know what you mean, 3 test series just aren't enough, especially out in the sub-continent where draws are more likely than anywhere else in the world, simply because of the batting conditions.

HATS OFF TO FLINTOFF "THE LAD OF ALL LADS"!!!

Congratulations to the England team who have won the series in my books. Besides the 2nd innings Mohali collapse and the last minute Indian charge at Nagpur, England were on top throughout and India were playing catch-up.

I also agree with Javagal Srinath that India should persist with 5 bowlers and prepare good pitches, despite the setbacks. Time to say goodbye to the old formula of
6 Batsmen + 3 Spinners + Dustbowl. Indian Cricket was going nowhere with that because we couldn't develop true International bowlers or batsmen. Applaud Chappell for taking Indian cricket in the right direction.

Congrats England good victory. Once again Mumbai on the 4th inns produces a very low inns total. Good to see we aren't the only ones that have choked on this pitch although ours was worse.

Great bowling by the old Udal didn't think he would get 1 wicket let alone 4.

Users who are viewing this thread