• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
ronny_kingsley said:
Raina batted well no doubt but my question is how did the selcetors knew his ability ????

He hasnt played much of first class cricket so how did they knew he would do well.

Also will have to wait and see him for another 8-10 matches before getting an idea on him. I hope everybody remebers Vishal Bharadwaj.
Vishal had one excellent series & couple of bad game afterwards. Then wasnt given a chance to prove. So sad. I liked the way he batted, though his bowling wasnt upto stds.

You are n Englishman arent you ???? Pietesen was clearly out stumped but still that idiot (Shivram) didnt give him out and gave Dravid out inspite of inconclusive evidence.

I think he is contemplating getting into Barmyarmy after seeing their merry ways (booze and all that). :p
BCCI needs to punish the third umpires who have give wrong decisions game after game to our cricketers. In aussieland, they help home team, & our idiots give infavour of opposition :mad .

Unlucky for the 3rd time in 4 consecutive innings ie 3 ducks in 4 innings.

Last time Kaif played an inning worthwile in ODI's was in the final in Zimbabwe.
His time will be up, if he fails the whole series.

puddleduck said:
There are many, many reasons.
Fletcher and Englands feelings towards Odi cricket is essentially the nations opinion, in India they love ODI cricket, in England they much prefer Test Cricket. Most England fans treat Odi games as a bit of fun at the end of or beginning of a tour, and that mindset is either engrained on or rubs off on the England side as a whole.

Thanks for the explanation. I also think this 7 match series is too much. Too much is cricket is certainly affecting the Indian players as well in terms of fitness and enthusiasm for each game. But does the above statement suggest that the World Cup is not top priority for England.

7 ODI's mean more money for the BCCI. That's all they want it seems and they don't even consider about player burnouts for both teams.

Kaif scored masterful century in practice ODI, and made them win, Why he fails in Intl agianst same team?

His last dismissal was from Cricket 2004

Raina rocks :happy

In regards to Kaif you can not expect someone to score runs in every innings they play, and in his last 3 short form knocks, he has a century, an unfortunate run-out, and a ball that kept low trapping him on the crease. I like the "Cricket 2004" line, it really was lol

I think it can only be a good thing for Indian cricket that they are seemingly moving away from knee-jerk reactions based on one or two games performances. No wonder players often seem unable to go on and get a score, the pressure heaped on by their fans and knowing in the past that if they get out they may never play again can not help.

Whoever was talking about the umpiring decisions, did you actually watch the game... Dravid was clearly out, and Pietersen it was impossible to be sure whether a bit of his bat was actually over the line or not, correct decisions in both cases were reached.

ronny_kingsley said:

You are n Englishman arent you ???? Pietesen was clearly out stumped but still that idiot (Shivram) didnt give him out and gave Dravid out inspite of inconclusive evidence.

Clearly out?

No, their was sufficient doubt there imo to be able to give him not out.

I'd be saying that if it was Dravid at the crease aswell.

-------

Inclusive evidence?

One bail was on the stumps still, Jones throw only knocked off the off-mid bail, Dravid was short of his ground when the second bail was dislodged, you have no case in Dravids dismissal he was out, whereas with KP, there was enough doubt there.

Manohar said:
I do not know the England team that well but it is hard to understand why Hoggard is not playing. After the recent test matches I would think that he is the English bowler that Indian batsmen fear most. Hope the logic is not that Kabir Ali and Anderson are better batsmen than Hoggard at #10 and #11. Even if Hoggard gets hit in the one day version once in a while, England have enough bowlers to cover. On the other hand Hoggard could take wickets which will may make a difference at some crucial situtations.

There is nothing to fear abt Hoggard. He is an intelligent bowler, thats all. Not a bowler like Brett Lee or Shane Bond whom you fear facing!

ronny_kingsley said:
Raina batted well no doubt but my question is how did the selcetors knew his ability ????

He hasnt played much of first class cricket so how did they knew he would do well.

Also will have to wait and see him for another 8-10 matches before getting an idea on him. I hope everybody remebers Vishal Bharadwaj.

I think he is contemplating getting into Barmyarmy after seeing their merry ways (booze and all that). :p

Unlucky for the 3rd time in 4 consecutive innings ie 3 ducks in 4 innings.

Last time Kaif played an inning worthwile in ODI's was in the final in Zimbabwe.

Not played much of first class cricket? He has played 23 first class games and 33 List-A games (I think List-A means limited overs games rite?). Thats quite enough man. And he possesses an average of over 45 in both forms of domestic cricket (49 in first class and 45 in List-A)!

I know some other players have better stats than that (I predict you will cling onto that argument) but selection depends on various factors. If it is just about performance in domestic cricket and ability, lot of guys in domestic cricket should have been accomodated. But you need to have the right backing to get into the team. In a country of a billion or more people, you cant spot the right talent very easily.

Raina is a brilliant fielder and has played some very good innings in first class cricket and has broke through into this team! And he clearly is the future of Indian cricket. Vishal Bharadwaj didnt have good backing and after a few bad games, was dropped. Raina might face a similar fate, but that doesnt mean the fans shouldnt dream of him being the next big thing of Indian cricket!

rituraj said:
Vishal had one excellent series & couple of bad game afterwards. Then wasnt given a chance to prove. So sad. I liked the way he batted, though his bowling wasnt upto stds.

BCCI needs to punish the third umpires who have give wrong decisions game after game to our cricketers. In aussieland, they help home team, & our idiots give infavour of opposition :mad .

His time will be up, if he fails the whole series.

I think there is a new system coming up for evaluating umpires in India. This has been proposed by the committee of current & former players (I think!). Hopefully once that comes through, I hope we see some good umpiring.

Though I would say, some of the decisions made by the on-field umpires have been very good. I hate that fellow "Shivaram". Nonsense! Kevin Pietersen had his foot clearly on the line and was OUT according to the rule. And the replays clearly suggest that the bails were off when he had his foot on the line! Wasnt Shivaram the same guy who ruled Dhoni run out in Mumbai?

saisrini80 said:
There is nothing to fear abt Hoggard. He is an intelligent bowler, thats all. Not a bowler like Brett Lee or Shane Bond whom you fear facing!

Not played much of first class cricket? He has played 23 first class games and 33 List-A games (I think List-A means limited overs games rite?). Thats quite enough man. And he possesses an average of over 45 in both forms of domestic cricket (49 in first class and 45 in List-A)!

I know some other players have better stats than that (I predict you will cling onto that argument) but selection depends on various factors. If it is just about performance in domestic cricket and ability, lot of guys in domestic cricket should have been accomodated. But you need to have the right backing to get into the team. In a country of a billion or more people, you cant spot the right talent very easily.

Raina is a brilliant fielder and has played some very good innings in first class cricket and has broke through into this team! And he clearly is the future of Indian cricket. Vishal Bharadwaj didnt have good backing and after a few bad games, was dropped. Raina might face a similar fate, but that doesnt mean the fans shouldnt dream of him being the next big thing of Indian cricket!
I agree.A good player can be judged in few games only.They need some backing,support and experience from the senior players.That's why I think Greg Chappell is doing the right thing by bringing some new fresh players into this team.There are few players who stays with the Indian team so that they can get some experience Abid Nabi is the the example of that.

Ashish_Nehra said:
Kaif scored masterful century in practice ODI, and made them win, Why he fails in Intl agianst same team?

His last dismissal was from Cricket 2004

Raina rocks :happy

People like Rao, Dhawan, Uthapa, etc are waiting in the wings. And Ganguly is still fighting for a spot in the ODI's to star in India's World Cup campaign. So Kaif has to be really careful. He has to work harder to score runs to keep his place. He wont be kept in the team for fielding alone as there are two other brilliant fielders now in Yuvraj and Raina. So Kaif wont be missed for his fielding.

I feel this team with Tendulkar replacing Kaif and Ganguly replacing Gambhir would look more formidable! Our top order is the problem for us now, and we need to sort it out. I hope this board (or Chappell if he is the reason) throw out their differences with Saurav and give him another chance in the ODI's. Certainly if he gets back into form in the ODI's, they wont mind it because it would somewhat sort their top order problems! The longer the top order is shaky, the more noise it would make for Saurav's comeback!

Last edited:
It's time now to kick Gambhir out of the team.He is doing nothing in the team just scoring 20's and 30's I think Ganguly is far far better player than Gambhir even if Ganguly is not in his good form.As far as Sehwag is concerned he should be given the last chance in this series bcoz there is no young player who can replace Sehwag with the ability he has.

according to me raina has a excelent technique & times the shots perfect
he has a fantastic career ahead of him.....

I think Raina must open with Sehwag.Gambhir must be kicked out.In place of him Venugopal must be given a few chance.

kuttakumar said:
I think Raina must open with Sehwag.Gambhir must be kicked out.In place of him Venugopal must be given a few chance.

And couldn't that possibly ruin Raina's batting?

saisrini80 said:
Though I would say, some of the decisions made by the on-field umpires have been very good. I hate that fellow "Shivaram". Nonsense! Kevin Pietersen had his foot clearly on the line and was OUT according to the rule. And the replays clearly suggest that the bails were off when he had his foot on the line! Wasnt Shivaram the same guy who ruled Dhoni run out in Mumbai?

Actually, if you looked at the KP dismissal part of his foot was over the line, the problem with it was whether that part was grounded, something which technology and/or Human Eye could decipher, just one of those things in Cricket, and benefit of the doubt goes to the batsman.

Surprised no one since that decision in here has started blabbering on about fixing.

Sureshot said:
Surprised no one since that decision in here has started blabbering on about fixing.

They only do that when they lose, easier than admitting they were outplayed :D

Users who are viewing this thread