Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
i wont be able to watch the match 2morrow bcoz of my computer science exams :crying
Then again may be i will. :D

Venugopala Rao likely to replace Mohammed Kaif; final chance for Sehwag to hit back!

http://www.cricketnext.com/engind06/Rep2006/rep246.htm

Thats fantastic! Venu deserves a chance again and that too in place of Mohammed Kaif! If this is really Sehwag's last chance as reported, then that too is a great decision. But what if he fails again?

We are going to pick the team for the final 4 ODI's tomorrow. If Sehwag fails, will the selectors dare bring in Ganguly? Or will they go for some one new like Uthapa or Dhawan? Well I wish Sehwag finds some form tomorrow. Because I dont see the selectors going back to Saurav and blooding youngsters at the middle of a series can be high pressure for that batsman!

Here is some news which might please some die hard fans of Dada

A 'new compromise' being worked out between Ganguly & Chappell

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/1473650.cms

Its reported that some sources say Ganguly might be included for the test squad to tour West Indies because of India's poor form in the longer version of the game. If it happens, WOW! With no Sachin and with Sehwag and our top order failing, Ganguly might be the right medicine!

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Venugopala Rao likely to replace Mohammed Kaif; final chance for Sehwag to hit back!

http://www.cricketnext.com/engind06/Rep2006/rep246.htm

Thats fantastic! Venu deserves a chance again and that too in place of Mohammed Kaif! If this is really Sehwag's last chance as reported, then that too is a great decision. But what if he fails again?

We are going to pick the team for the final 4 ODI's tomorrow. If Sehwag fails, will the selectors dare bring in Ganguly? Or will they go for some one new like Uthapa or Dhawan? Well I wish Sehwag finds some form tomorrow. Because I dont see the selectors going back to Saurav and blooding youngsters at the middle of a series can be high pressure for that batsman!

Here is some news which might please some die hard fans of Dada

A 'new compromise' being worked out between Ganguly & Chappell

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/1473650.cms

Its reported that some sources say Ganguly might be included for the test squad to tour West Indies because of India's poor form in the longer version of the game. If it happens, WOW! With no Sachin and with Sehwag and our top order failing, Ganguly might be the right medicine!

Well, Venu should deserve a chance...but not at the expense of Kaif.
In 2005, he avg. 48 or something...and played consistently. In 2006, he was batting at no.6, which was not teh ideal position for him (and to score runs consistently).

If the Indian selectors/think-tank is very concerned about the future, they'll send Kaif 1 down and ask the skipper to come down the order.

Gyaan_Guru said:
i wont be able to watch the match 2morrow bcoz of my computer science exams :crying
Then again may be i will. :D
likewise, got to go up to Kings College Hospital, for check up.

cricketnext article said:
Even though the hosts have taken a 2-0 lead in the seven-match ODI series with their young guns firing on all cylinders, the Indians are likely to rest Uttar Pradesh skipper Kaif, who seems to have lost his touch completely, with another youngster Rao from Hyderabad.
That statement just shows me how... statistic-driven that site is. There is nothing suggesting Kaif has lost his touch. In the first match, he was run out on a tight single and in the second match, from what I hear, he got an unlucky bounce. Where is the proof suggesting that Kaif has "lost his touch completely".

Besides, everything in that article is hypothetical. "Could, maybe", etc. I could have written that with my personal speculations: "India could win the match because of the momentum they are carrying." Hogwash. We saw how fielding could lose us matches in the test matches, so why do we want to get rid of a good fielder who has just had two unlucky outings?

Indians should not overexperiment in the 3rd ODI.Anyways the 2 matches were quiet close enough so Indians can't afford to be complacent.

sohummisra said:
That statement just shows me how... statistic-driven that site is. There is nothing suggesting Kaif has lost his touch. In the first match, he was run out on a tight single and in the second match, from what I hear, he got an unlucky bounce. Where is the proof suggesting that Kaif has "lost his touch completely".

Besides, everything in that article is hypothetical. "Could, maybe", etc. I could have written that with my personal speculations: "India could win the match because of the momentum they are carrying." Hogwash. We saw how fielding could lose us matches in the test matches, so why do we want to get rid of a good fielder who has just had two unlucky outings?

yes, i've seen his dismissal in the second ODI, it was just low bounce that caught him infront. He tried to pull the ball.

He's in good touch, both in tests and ODI's. I mean, if Sehwag can fail for 30 ODIs, whats wrong with Kaif then? Replace Sehwag with Venu, will they?
It will be another example of double-standards if they keep Kaif out.

Kaif's catch was brilliant in Harbhajan's 5 wicket haul. Could have turned the match.
I love Kaif, one of the best players in the Indian side. They shouldn't be dropping him, heck, he should be the next in line for captaincy!!

cricket_lover said:
yes, i've seen his dismissal in the second ODI, it was just low bounce that caught him infront. He tried to pull the ball.

He's in good touch, both in tests and ODI's. I mean, if Sehwag can fail for 30 ODIs, whats wrong with Kaif then? Replace Sehwag with Venu, will they?
It will be another example of double-standards if they keep Kaif out.
Sehwag shouldn't be dropped but rested for 1 or 2 odis.There should be a healthy competition among the youngsters and the seniors.Maybe something like a rotation policy!
The nature of the pitch is a mystery as not even a FC game has been played on it.Spinners......England surely is missing a 2nd spinner as Blackwell has admitted.

Last edited:
As I said earlier Newzolt, England do have 2 spinners in their squad, but they have one eye on the World Cup where there is no chance they will play 2 spinners, and are still to work out their final quick bowler. So thus far in the series they have played all 3 quicks that are vying for that final spot, Anderson, Ali, and Plunkett.

They will maybe play the 2nd spinner now that they should have narrowed it down to Anderson and Plunkett or they may continue to give the 3 quicks a chance to impress and stake their claim.

I am so desperste for England to win tomorrow. I won't be able to take another win thrown away. We need a huge performance from Freddie and KP tomorrow. India have their problems with the top order so we need to get them out cheaply again and the work on Raina and Dhoni. The England boys must believe tomorrow

I read somewhere that the pitch is going to be a belter. Then I saw wicket to wicket which said that the pitch is poor and will be slow like Faridabad.

Indian top order will have to fire, this is the time you need people like Kaif up the order, get some runs and give India the momentum in the middle overs. When you compare both ODI's, the number of singles/doubles taken between 15 and 35 overs was too less. If they had Kaif or Yuvi at one end, that wouldn't be a problem.

What is the point in sending Kaif at no.5 or no.6, when the team is 200 odd, in 45 overs? LIke i always said...its just wasting tremendous talent in him.

prarara said:
I read somewhere that the pitch is going to be a belter. Then I saw wicket to wicket which said that the pitch is poor and will be slow like Faridabad.

Oh god! I wish tonight's pitch supports the batsman! I want to see some entertaining batting from both sides, esp. Dhoni and Sehwag! For that, the pitch needs to be good for run scoring. Dravid says its going to be a 250+ wicket. Hopefully, it is good for batting. But the team batting first is going to have advantage. In the second half, the pitch might turn!

cricket_lover said:
Indian top order will have to fire, this is the time you need people like Kaif up the order, get some runs and give India the momentum in the middle overs. When you compare both ODI's, the number of singles/doubles taken between 15 and 35 overs was too less. If they had Kaif or Yuvi at one end, that wouldn't be a problem.

What is the point in sending Kaif at no.5 or no.6, when the team is 200 odd, in 45 overs? LIke i always said...its just wasting tremendous talent in him.

If Kaif plays, Yes he should be at No.3! We have to groom him as a No.3 batsman! He did well in the World Cup at No.4 and there is no reason why he cant do well at No.3. He has to be avoided for the pressure situation where you have to force the pace of the game!

puddleduck said:
As I said earlier Newzolt, England do have 2 spinners in their squad, but they have one eye on the World Cup where there is no chance they will play 2 spinners, and are still to work out their final quick bowler. So thus far in the series they have played all 3 quicks that are vying for that final spot, Anderson, Ali, and Plunkett.

They will maybe play the 2nd spinner now that they should have narrowed it down to Anderson and Plunkett or they may continue to give the 3 quicks a chance to impress and stake their claim.

What crap is that? Dont they have other ODI's games before the World Cup to give their seamers more chances? You have to play to win and to win, you have to field the best combination. On turning wickets, two spinners are required for England to stand any chance of breaking through the Indian batting order who are world class against spinners!

This should be a good game, England know what they need to do but India might come to the ODI we have seen successful.
We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread