Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Why the hell did they put Blackwell in there anyway? He's a rubbish batsman in International cricket and he's gone now. This will set the tone for the rest of the batsman and India will be brimming with confidence :(

They put him there because he's a hitter to get some momentum, but it obviosuly didn't work. Pathan is outthinking england with his magical off-cutters :p

Ian Blackwell was sent in there as a pinch hitter, to try and score some quick runs. He's been in great form for the Somerset Sabres and has smashed international bowlers all around the park in the events leading up to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2003.

avk2love said:
ya man ,
but they are not using it ....
maybe it's their world cup kit & icc cup kit

no, it was just a practice kit, thats all.

no team's coach wears the team's ODI kit during practice and matches!

Great bowling by Irfan Pathan. He has got Strauss and Blackwell. It has increased India's chances of winning this and going to Kochi 3-0

Edit : Dravid drops a straightforward catch at short midwicket? Whats happening to his fielding these days?

Drewska said:
They put him there because he's a hitter to get some momentum, but it obviosuly didn't work. Pathan is outthinking england with his magical off-cutters :p

i agree. pathan really outthinked blackwell. blackwell got out to the slower delivery in faridabad and pathan's 3 out of 4 deliveries were slower balls with the 4th ball (slower one) getting him the wicket.

cricket_lover said:
Yes, Gambhir's superior footwork will help him combat the moving ball, which has been Sehwag's nemesis for a long time now. Gambhir, like Kaif, will need the right application at the crease.

The team for next ODI will be interesting.

England are not totally out..of this ODI. They will be giving a fight, but with India going in with 5 bowlers, it'll always be a difficult task for them.

I agree. Today's selection meeting could prove to be exciting!

Last edited:
England need a 100 partnership from Prior and Shah, and also to be on-top of the required run-rate.

even when kaif bat badly, we get 293

now he is best fielder so please don't drop him

first match dravid got him out

second match it was unreal ea sports cricket 2040 bounce

third match he was out of confidence

he has won us Ranji trophy and beat england in practice match

3 down, pathan does not want yuvraj MOM

Machanperu Bala said:
Come on. This is ridiculous. You just cannot bill all your failures with the experimentation tag. Already they have been mauled by Pakistan and are on the verge of one here. Imagine what would be the confidence level of the players would be when they go into the world cup having lost 10 ODIS. (6-1 to India! High hopes on my part. ) Its high time England cut this bullcrap and get serious about their game or their supporters started to look at some other reason.

Err I think the "experientation" tag is completely justified when 6 out of 11 of the team you would be using in the World Cup is either at home or ill....

What else are they supposed to do? Why whenever someone points to an actual fact is that "bullcrap". Clearly they are serious about their game they are professional cricketers, and I understand that you do not want to accept the fact that your beloved Odi series is devalued by the fact that England are missing 6 of their first team for this game.

India and the Bcci may well consider Odi cricket as the be-all-end all of cricket, but noone outside the sub-continent sees it the same way ;) That is something you will just have to accept matey.

Edit - To add to this I don't want Indian fans thinking that this means they haven't been by far the better team. Just because England are experimenting it doesn't really mean anything, you only beat what's in front of you and India have done that superbly. England are still trying to win, it is just not necessarily their main concern at the moment, they would rather find out their 5th bowler and lose every game in this series, than win 3 games due to India playing poorly and still be no closer to knowing.

Last edited:
SkateBoarder said:
Ian Blackwell was sent in there as a pinch hitter, to try and score some quick runs. He's been in great form for the Somerset Sabres and has smashed international bowlers all around the park in the events leading up to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2003.

Yeah, that's correct, but that being three years ago is the key thing. He's clearly got the ability, but has failed to recapture form on the international stage, however performing pretty consistently in the domestic arena.

Blackwells domestic form has to often be taken with a pinch of salt, he plays in a ground made for his style of his batting. Not everywhere is like Taunton.

India should win this one.
I feel for Kaif and Sehwag.
I also thin that they should be persisted with for the rest of this series.
I believe we have found the pool of 17-18 who will be picked for the WC 2007.
We must now persist with the 17-18 lads and and unless a player fails miserably for 3 or 4 months , we must not go in for more and more players.
The pool of players we have picked must be first given enough chances till the WC before we finalize the swuad for the WC.

I said not long into Raina and Yuvrajs partnership that this would be a mauling, it just had all the makings of it, however I was thinking around 100-120 run defeat, now looks like it could be around 150-200 runs defeat. Which would be shockingly bad.

Freddie's gone. Solanki has got a once in a life time opportunity to become a fixture in this team.

Users who are viewing this thread