• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
jk16_4 said:
lot of protests happened and apparently they have agreed to give the spectators a refund ! :)

assam cricket officials blamed umpires for cancelling the match and called
it as a "bad decision" ! they said if football players can play even during
heavy rains, then why not cricket which is a MUCH SLOWER & Less agressive game than football.

courtesy : local news channel.

although i quite agree with them...
Not true, football matches are also called off due to waterlogged pitches as fulham fans know only to well

From Cricinfo:
"Hawkeye will definitely be affected for the next game as we have to get replacements from England," said Rego. What is an area of immediate concern is the run out cameras, which are High Density cameras and far more expensive than the regular cameras used in other positions. If these are irreparably damaged, and suitable replacements cannot be found in time for the Jamshedpur ODI, on Wednesday, April 12, that match will be affected as the ICC has ruled that international matches cannot take place without the third umpire in place."

:eek: , I didn't know so much damage was done. The next match might not take place!

Adarsh said:
From Cricinfo:

:eek: , I didn't know so much damage was done. The next match might not take place!

Thats nasty. Why should they break the TV camera equipments? Where is the security for all these expensive stuff? The Guwahati security deserves a kick on its back for being so lazy and bad!

Well the next match might also be abandoned if the materials do not arrive in time. And that will be a huge shame!

saisrini80 said:
Thats nasty. Why should they break the TV camera equipments? Where is the security for all these expensive stuff? The Guwahati security deserves a kick on its back for being so lazy and bad!

Well the next match might also be abandoned if the materials do not arrive in time. And that will be a huge shame!

Yep and here are some photos from Cricinfo:

Attachments

• 61539.jpg
    61539.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 61523.jpg
    61523.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 61522.jpg
    61522.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 61518.jpg
    61518.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 61516.jpg
    61516.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 61515.jpg
    61515.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 56
saisrini80 said:

Why riot at all? There's no excuse for it, its just thuggish behaviour that does not belong in sport. I hope the next match doesnt take place, maybe it will teach these thugs a lesson.

kevmead said:
Why riot at all? There's no excuse for it, its just thuggish behaviour that does not belong in sport. I hope the next match doesnt take place, maybe it will teach these thugs a lesson.

i agree! The lowest point of the tour, and may be for lowest for the last few years. Irresponsible behaviour, you cannot blame the umpires, players or even the match officials. Its the nature you can blame, but there's nothing one could have done.

I think that this ground should be taken off India's rota for a while at the very least. Also, the fact that the local cricket officials said that they could play in such weather shows that they know nothing about cricket, and that they need to be replaced.

andrew_nixon said:
I think that this ground should be taken off India's rota for a while at the very least. Also, the fact that the local cricket officials said that they could play in such weather shows that they know nothing about cricket, and that they need to be replaced.

i think India needs to scrap its stadium rotation system and only play in the main stadiums. fair enough India is a big country and has a lots of grounds but countries like australia and england always host the oval, lords, MCG, SCG in every series

saisrini80 said:
was that a 'tongue in cheek' or a serious comment?

if serious, then thats dumb. england have not avoided a whitewash, the rains have robbed india of an official whitewash.

even if india win 6-0, it will be considered a whitewash, though not officially.

Sad, England supporters now have to rely on the nature to avoid embarassement. :D

Firstly, very tongue in cheek I'm like that, also quite sarcastic too. :p

Although we need the rain!

Yep, our ODI team is that bad.

After such behavior, the BCCI should not think twice about the taking the ground off the rotational system (along with Eden Gardens, if they haven't taken them off, for a while at least).

I don't know why Eden Gardens....
But this particular one may not see international matches for a while.

Guwahati happens to be quite near the place which gets the highest rainfall in the world if my geography is correct. No wonder we didn't have any game there for a long time and for good reason too. What a shame, stupid dumb spectators. What can the players and officials do when the conditons are not fit for playing.

Sachin_007 said:
Yep and here are some photos from Cricinfo:
Well the crowd have been terrible in this series, booing Sachin Tendulkar after he gets out during his highest record test for an Indian, then the crowd moving behind the bowlers arm, there is no excuse for this, this crowd don't deserve to witness cricket. (sorry if I sound offensive)

sohummisra said:
After such behavior, the BCCI should not think twice about the taking the ground off the rotational system (along with Eden Gardens, if they haven't taken them off, for a while at least).

More bad name to the Eastern part of India's spectators (Eden Gardens is another one along with Guwahati for irresponsible crowd behavior).

Eden Gardens certainly deserves punishment. They just dont seem to improve! There have been three instances (1996 World Cup semifinal, 1999 India-Pakistan ACC Championship and the 2005 Ind-SA 4th ODI). The last one was more of booing the home team players but the first two were more of throwing items onto field!

its simple, they won't punish Eden Gardens...its such a important stadium for BCCI. When you have a 100,000 people, its always difficult to control. BUt Guwuhati is different, you gotta blame the officials first, as they were supposed to inform the spectators.

Users who are viewing this thread