• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
newzolt said:
Unconfirmed news: Dinesh Kartik to play in the 7th ODI.

Nah...thats not at all true.
Uthappa may keep if required.
Why would they part with attacking batsmen in the first case ?

Isn't Dhoni in the squad, still? Then why would we even be looking at KKD?

It looks like the Guwahati match is set to be washed out. And England have possibly the best ODI performer of the last couple of seasons--Kevin Pietersen. I didn't know he averaged almost 70--that is phenomenal.

Cricket_god said:
yes, dennis lillie on his interview on cnn ibn loc said that there are better medium pacers in india than rp singh ?how many matches has he won performance against good teams matter i think the team management also share my views other wise if they followed your views why was he dropped for the last 3 odis and test series?

source?

HOw many matches has he played! Darn! Just 12! HOw can you determine if he an do well against better team? Don't be blind!

VRV wasn't even picked for the squad, so according to your "formula", he is not a good bowler. RPS was in the squad all the time.

Lillie gave an interview for CNN?

Are you Lilliee's assitant? do you run the MRF or a similar academy?

RPS has showed that he has the required potential, his start to the international career has been very good, and for a 19 y/o, i'm sure his future looks very bright.

iceman_waugh said:
I'd like to see England redeem some lost pride.
Anyways,you can't just dismiss their performance as pathetic,cause they have put up a good show in all matches.

In all bar the last one, I think we really should've won, or were at least in positions too, and I think most would agree.

Just lacking that killer edge in batting.

They lack application. Strauss did quite well when he scored 50 odd, but he couldn't continue. Pieterson looked in complete control, but could not bat sensibly when needed. Flintoff is not in the best of forms, while most other batsmens lacked application or were undone by pressure.

You have to bat for 50 overs, and that too with a plan.

iceman_waugh said:
I did'nt do so instead did the opposite.
If its washed out,you 'll get your money back though.
Don' worry ;)

Not for the whitewash, it's clearly stated if a game is rained out it will be considered as "no" to the whitewash.

What is the latest on the weather for this match?

aussie1st said:
Not for the whitewash, it's clearly stated if a game is rained out it will be considered as "no" to the whitewash.

What is the latest on the weather for this match?

Don't know, but I have a feeling this picture from Cricinfo might tell a story...
61491.1.jpg

its a 70:30 chance right now, rain may dominate the day but don't be surprised to see some sun out there.

cricket_lover said:
source?

HOw many matches has he played! Darn! Just 12! HOw can you determine if he an do well against better team? Don't be blind!

VRV wasn't even picked for the squad, so according to your "formula", he is not a good bowler. RPS was in the squad all the time.

Lillie gave an interview for CNN?

Are you Lilliee's assitant? do you run the MRF or a similar academy?

RPS has showed that he has the required potential, his start to the international career has been very good, and for a 19 y/o, i'm sure his future looks very bright.

vrv singh did not play because of fitness concerns .are you mad or what :p
in cnn ibn special LOC during indo-pak series he was asked about rp singh ,kris srikkant was also part of the show it is aired every match day at 7.30 pm .i have seen the interview what is it got to do with me being lilliee assitant? :D.if you have not seen it then thats your problem :mad

Last edited:
gary0808 said:
This is way too much to expect and I think everyone is underestimating england. We have some very good ODI players like Pietersen, Flintoff, Collingwood and Anderson. On our day England can beat anyone in the world (remember the summer). I think England will win one match and maybe even two.

what underestimate? even though you guys had the whip for many parts of the first 3 matches, you couldnt finish it off. you guys seem to require much more effort to beat india. and we have beat you 4-0. why cant we do it for two more matches (if guwahati is washed out)

Cricket_god said:
vrv singh did not play because of fitness concerns .are you mad or what :p
in cnn ibn special LOC during indo-pak series he was asked about rp singh ,kris srikkant was also part of the show it is aired every match day at 7.30 pm .i have seen the interview what is it got to do with me being lilliee assitant? :D.if you have not seen it then thats your problem :mad

not really dude,

You seem to be prejudging, and thats something i cannot change..can I? :D

5am GMT is the next check point. It's all due to the drainage problem yet again. Same thing happened against SA when the series was turning into a cracker.

saisrini80 said:
what underestimate? even though you guys had the whip for many parts of the first 3 matches, you couldnt finish it off. you guys seem to require much more effort to beat india. and we have beat you 4-0. why cant we do it for two more matches (if guwahati is washed out)

I'm just saying claiming already that it is going to be 6-0 is very risky for the Indian fans. You're talking about England as if they are Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or Kenya.

stevie said:
Don't know, but I have a feeling this picture from Cricinfo might tell a story...
61491.1.jpg

Send the rain this way please.

In a SAE obviously, I'm not paying postage!

Well our lads have done well to avoid a whitewash....

Users who are viewing this thread