Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Cricket_god said:
every country has different conditions how can bcci plot the conditions :eek:
and the bcci has rotation policies for grounds so every ground has been alloted particular amount of matches.now the last 3 odis will be played in moderate conditions let us what the english team does
remember when india go to england they have to play under very cold conditions and about travelling i think it could have been good to travel to all places if they were winning now because of losing they complain :boxing :crying :crying :cool:

I think you should re-read my post mate, I was only asking not complaining about anything. The comment "when India go to England they have to play under very cold conditions" Is I am afraid absolute rubbish. Yes it may not be 30-40 degrees but it is English summer, which is generally a reasonably mild, quite pleasant temperature (unless it's raining :p ) Are you telling me that India do not have winter? Because I was under the impression that Indian winter somewhat resembles our summer ;) As I said I was only asking a question, but your comment about the weather is pretty wide of the mark. As I also said it has more than likely had no effect on the results, but since you brought it up, I can assure you going from 20 degrees to 40 degrees with 90% humidity is a lot harder than going from 20 degrees (Indian winter? ) to 20 degrees with normally little to no humidity. (English summer)

Thank you for the informative answers Sai and Cricket_Lover, clearly you read and digested my whole post instead of a few words worth of it :cheers

cricket_lover said:
If one series determines a players, we will be having 100's of Bradmans and 1000's of players with terrible records. Why was he picked into the team then? To get kicked out right after one series? Is that the way to select/groom players?

Why bother having him in the squad, when you don't give him a chance? Not just RPS, but others as well.

one series is enough for seeing the potential he is just 19 he should be playing domestic cricket not international cricket he is not up to international standard

Its raining in Guwahati and showers are predicted for tomorrow. :crying
Meanwhile,the curator says the side winning the toss should bowl first as there will be some low bounce during the first hour or two and the wicket will ease out in the 2nd innings.

Last edited:
puddleduck said:
I think you should re-read my post mate, I was only asking not complaining about anything. The comment "when India go to England they have to play under very cold conditions" Is I am afraid absolute rubbish. Yes it may not be 30-40 degrees but it is English summer, which is generally a reasonably mild, quite pleasant temperature (unless it's raining :p ) Are you telling me that India do not have winter? Because I was under the impression that Indian winter somewhat resembles our summer ;) As I said I was only asking a question, but your comment about the weather is pretty wide of the mark. As I also said it has more than likely had no effect on the results, but since you brought it up, I can assure you going from 20 degrees to 40 degrees with 90% humidity is a lot harder than going from 20 degrees (Indian winter? ) to 20 degrees with normally little to no humidity. (English summer)

Thank you for the informative answers Sai and Cricket_Lover, clearly you read and digested my whole post instead of a few words worth of it :cheers

i am not saying from my experiences mate it is the former cricketers like navjot singh sidhu and ajay jadeja who recently told in a cricket show that they were made to play in 2-3celsius and there hands went cold it is more difficult for them and they were very upset about the hospitality which they
got.

Cricket_god said:
one series is enough for seeing the potential he is just 19 he should be playing domestic cricket not international cricket he is not up to international standard

who are you to decide that? Raina is 19 years old, Tendulkar was 16 when he started playing. To get into the team at 19 years and make impact is something rare, and you should rather give him more exposure at the international level, rather than pushing him to domestic circuit.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/35280.html

A bowling avg. of 22, in ODI's is not good enough for you? I agree, he's just played 12 matches, but may be he is the wicket-taking type of bowler, that he has shown in his small, yet credible ODI career.

Cricket_god said:
i am not saying from my experiences mate it is the former cricketers like navjot singh sidhu and ajay jadeja who recently told in a cricket show that they were made to play in 2-3celsius and there hands went cold it is more difficult for them and they were very upset about the hospitality which they
got.

I can see how being treated like a Cricketer and not some semi-deity might have bugged them :p

Now you see, when it is cold you can put an extra layer on, you can stay on the move, and you do not run the risk of passing out through dehydration.

When it is up at 90% humidity and 40 degrees the players health actually becomes a worry, as opposed to their poor little fingers being cold. I am not saying the heat for the most recent odi was only bad for England, did Dravid not end up on a drip on hospital the last time he played in that sort of heat. Surely the Icc, or Bcci needs to pay attention to the players health, they are afterall people, not as some of the India public would have you believe, Gods :p

puddleduck said:
I can see how being treated like a Cricketer and not some semi-deity might have bugged them :p

Now you see, when it is cold you can put an extra layer on, you can stay on the move, and you do not run the risk of passing out through dehydration.

When it is up at 90% humidity and 40 degrees the players health actually becomes a worry, as opposed to their poor little fingers being cold. I am not saying the heat for the most recent odi was only bad for England, did Dravid not end up on a drip on hospital the last time he played in that sort of heat. Surely the Icc, or Bcci needs to pay attention to the players health, they are afterall people, not as some of the India public would have you believe, Gods :p

they are not gods here like footballers in europe :D and should hospitality not be extended to cricketers ? and if the england team got the same kind of hospitality in india they could make a huge cry about it like why are their so many spices we are so soft we are getting stomach bugs :noway

Cricket_god said:
they are not gods here like footballers in europe :D

I can assure you the Indian cricket team is put on far more of a plateaux than footballers are in Europe.

They may not be paid quite as much, but the adulation afforded to Sachin, and now Dhoni is uncomparable in Europe. I have never seen a football ground fill up to watch just one player train...

cricket_lover said:
who are you to decide that? Raina is 19 years old, Tendulkar was 16 when he started playing. To get into the team at 19 years and make impact is something rare, and you should rather give him more exposure at the international level, rather than pushing him to domestic circuit.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/35280.html

A bowling avg. of 22, in ODI's is not good enough for you? I agree, he's just played 12 matches, but may be he is the wicket-taking type of bowler, that he has shown in his small, yet credible ODI career.

you can see he is not of international class if you compare him with patel who has good control which is minimum for a international bowler
i was talking of the team as a whole if your bowling attack has 2 left arm medium pacers it is very easy for your opponent in odi and he got most wickets of bad deliveries against srilanka and pakistan he was was hammered against south africa who play medium pace very well he is not a wicket taker and the selectors are not doing the right thing by playing him in international cricket it is not that you are trying to breed them in international cricket whenthere are so many players waiting only performance should be factor.

puddleduck said:
I can assure you the Indian cricket team is put on far more of a plateaux than footballers are in Europe.

They may not be paid quite as much, but the adulation afforded to Sachin, and now Dhoni is uncomparable in Europe. I have never seen a football ground fill up to watch just one player train...

in india i have to agree there is a big problem with many fans who do not understand the game very well specially in country side they make a hero one day and zero next day so it balances up you see if dhoni does not score runs the same crowd will boo him.it is not good but thats indian fans for you.

Last edited:
Cricket_god said:
you can see he is not of international class if you compare him with patel who has good control which is minimum for a international bowler
i was talking of the team as a whole if your bowling attack has 2 left arm medium pacers it is very easy for your opponent in odi and he got most wickets of bad deliveries against srilanka and pakistan he was was hammered against south africa who play medium pace very well he is not a wicket taker and the selectors are not doing the right thing by playing him in international cricket it is not that you are trying to breed them in international cricket whenthere are so many players waiting only performance should be factor.

He is not of international class? Are you another Dennis LIllie or some other great fast bowling great or a coach? What makes you compare Munaf Patel and RPS? Have you seen them bowl in tandem?
How do u know he doesn't have good control?
Amateur comments...they make no cricketing sense.

12 ODI's, 22.2 avg., 20 wickets, is not a wicket taking bowler? Then who is?

Exactly, performance ONLY should be the factor. If 12 matches, 20 wickets is not a factor, nothing is!

If that was really the case, Shane Warne and McGrath would have never played cricket. Warne was hammered in his first few matches, same with McGrath.

Do not let prejudice come in between, performance matters, RPS has done that so far, and i'm sure he'll be in the team sooner than later.

cricket_lover said:
He is not of international class? Are you another Dennis LIllie or some other great fast bowling great or a coach? What makes you compare Munaf Patel and RPS? Have you seen them bowl in tandem?
How do u know he doesn't have good control?
Amateur comments...they make no cricketing sense.

12 ODI's, 22.2 avg., 20 wickets, is not a wicket taking bowler? Then who is?

Exactly, performance ONLY should be the factor. If 12 matches, 20 wickets is not a factor, nothing is!

If that was really the case, Shane Warne and McGrath would have never played cricket. Warne was hammered in his first few matches, same with McGrath.

Do not let prejudice come in between, performance matters, RPS has done that so far, and i'm sure he'll be in the team sooner than later.

yes, dennis lillie on his interview on cnn ibn loc said that there are better medium pacers in india than rp singh ?how many matches has he won performance against good teams matter i think the team management also share my views other wise if they followed your views why was he dropped for the last 3 odis and test series?

puddleduck said:

Well if its that cold our subcontinent players run the risk of actually fainting due to the temperature (less pressure so less air supply),numbness and even
diseases like feberile ,hemolytis and God knows what not.

Thats a very lame excuse actually.Even in AUstralia temperatures rise to 40'C.

You Poms never seem to complain about that.SO why India and other subcontinental teams ???

Seriously, GoI should ban all outdoor sports during the months from march to june. The weather at this time of the year is just too oppressive. I can think of only North East, sikkim, J&K, uttaranchal & HP having sub 25 temps during this time of the year.
Some eyars back we played bangla & kenya in the month of may, just b'coz these tour could have accomodated in the regular season.

ronny_kingsley said:
Well if its that cold our subcontinent players run the risk of actually fainting due to the temperature (less pressure so less air supply),numbness and even
diseases like feberile ,hemolytis and God knows what not.

Thats a very lame excuse actually.Even in AUstralia temperatures rise to 40'C.

You Poms never seem to complain about that.SO why India and other subcontinental teams ???

Another person who hasn't actually read the other posts on the subject :rolleyes: Not once have i used it as an excuse, I was merely pointing out that at that temperature, and in that humidity should people be playing cricket, considering the last time Dravid did so he ended up on a drip in hospital? I specifically made the point that they could have been playing in any conditions and India would still have won.

If you honestly believe that wearing a sweater and playing in temperatures of around 5degrees is worse than playing in 90 percent humidity than you need your head checked. Besides in England in summer it is very rarely that cold, normally around 5-10 degrees at the coldest, and that would only be for the first hour of play, maybe the last hour of play. It is far easier to stay on your toes and keep moving to keep warm, than to try and play energetic cricket in 40 degrees heat with 90% humidity that is just common sense.

ZoraxDoom said:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ind...ory/243551.html

This supports Puddleduck's views on why England don't care about this series...

Spooky.. perhaps this Andrew Miller chap has been gathering my thoughts from this thread to write his article :D

Users who are viewing this thread