Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
ronny_kingsley said:
434 to 438 need I say more ????????????

Also nobody here mentioned about hte selection of VRV Singh.

Our batting is struggling,we have lost the best batsman that we have (Dravid) and the selectors select a fast bowler. Strange isnt it ??????

What on earth were they thinking ?????? Sehwag made captain wont be dropped and so wouldnt be Kaif.So thats 3 gone ,Yuvraj and Pathan would be rested in one of the matches.

Considering all these Indians would be playing with effectively no one in form (barring Raina).

Good selction but whats the policy that they follow ??

In the ZImbabwe tour they picked an opener (Jadhav) as a replacemnt for middle order bat (Sachin). If that was glaring what is it ????????

ANy comments ??????

I don't think you understand cricket very well, atleast in this case.

India did not "lose" Dravid, rather he was rested. He deserves one, after being in mainstay for a while now. Sehwag being given captaincy should boost him, in the current situation, providing him with the confidence the team has in him. Dropping Kaif also, indirectly, says how much the team needs him and believes in him.

saisrini80 said:
yes, our final record under ganguly was pathetic...!

So was it under Azharuddin.
Thats when the jinx or the so called jinx started.

saisrini80 said:
This one, I have to agree with our ronny! It was nonsense selecting a fast bowler to replace a top order batsman even though the series is decided! What is RP Singh doing in the squad? Most of the time sitting in the sidelines. They could have replaced him with VRV if they had really wanted VRV!

Mark my words,VRV won't get a game !
Anyways ,when Ronnie says that the batting is weak,defiantely and what with resting Yuvraj,i suppose Uthappa will get a chance.
I have also heard that Uthappa can keep as well.So,if its true,then expect Dhoni to sit out. :noway

cricket_lover said:
Dropping Kaif also, indirectly, says how much the team needs him and believes in him.

Kaif should have been in the test squad for the 2nd and 3rd test as he performed very well in the first one.

iceman_waugh said:

Anyways ,when Ronnie says that the batting is weak,defiantely and what with resting Yuvraj,i suppose Uthappa will get a chance.
I have also heard that Uthappa can keep as well.So,if its true,then expect Dhoni to sit out. :noway

Kaif should have been in the test squad for the 2nd and 3rd test as he performed very well in the first one.

I don't think Yuvi will be rested. Same with Kaif, he won't be dropped. You want a sheet anchor role, and with Dravid rested, it is the best opportunity for the team to send Kaif 1 down.

Good win to the ODI series India, right on top.

Last edited:
Another one of Englands player gone (Geraint Jones)...Half of there side are playing their first few matches but good performance by india....Would have been a better competition if England had their full side...

I think England are getting closer to finding the ODI team we need. Bringing Anderson back was the correct move, and I think he is seeing himself as an experienced player who is required to put in the performances. I would also pesist with Hoggard, he is a quality bowler and could be what we need. Especially for games in England. Its the batting that worries me. We need Tres in as soon as he becomes available again. I would get rid of Shah and replace him with Bell. Then we would have our test top order in the ODI's, which would be perfect. Very happy with Blackwell continuing in ODI's.

I agree, they need to bring back Bell and they need few more batsmen (reserve) who can boost the middle-order, someone of Collingwood calibre, capable of playing big shots and also capable of playing the sheet-anchor role.

Matthew Hoggard has said india is the best odi team in the world. :hpraise
and their has been rain in upcoming venue last night and forcast is not so good so england might avoid a white wash but may be washed out literally :D

iceman_waugh said:

I think vrv singh should play greg chappel has seen rp singh and may be he knows their is not much potential there as india have irfan pathan as a left arm medium pacer and may be he is trying vrv singh because of his extra pace and bounce he may be good in the west indies
kaif is a player of limited ability who works hard like dravid who may develop in to a world class player but due to limited ability when he enters in to a bad patchpeople
do not remember his contributions as indian people basically remember 4 and 6 not converting 1 in to 2's and grafting when conditions are tough when tendulkar comes he might have to be in the reserves .but he is way better than venugopal who is pissed of when facing medium pace bowling .

Maybe we should send them back before we do anymore damage. We've won the series anyways. That stomach bug got peterson twice :D

Hoggards had the stomach bug twice as well, it seems they've been there long enough for a second dose of whatever they got at the start of the tour. Jones illness isn't the stomach bug though, he did something to his calf.

Call me cynical, but has the Bcci carefully plotted the itineray to make England as uncomfortable as possible? Travelling all around India to places that are particularly hot at this time of year, with no day-nighters so as to play every game in sweltering heat...

Not saying it would have made any difference to the scores, but perhaps the Bcci doing their bit to help their side? Maybe England would do the same if we weren't such an easy country to travel around or didn't have such average summers?

To reiterate not saying it has affected the scores, just asking anyone who knows the Bcci's mindset more than I do whether this is something they have possibly considered? Certainly sounds like the thing to do if the side your playing focusses on their pace attack, and has a lack of quality spin.

puddleduck said:
Hoggards had the stomach bug twice as well, it seems they've been there long enough for a second dose of whatever they got at the start of the tour. Jones illness isn't the stomach bug though, he did something to his calf.

Call me cynical, but has the Bcci carefully plotted the itineray to make England as uncomfortable as possible? Travelling all around India to places that are particularly hot at this time of year, with no day-nighters so as to play every game in sweltering heat...

Not saying it would have made any difference to the scores, but perhaps the Bcci doing their bit to help their side? Maybe England would do the same if we weren't such an easy country to travel around or didn't have such average summers?

To reiterate not saying it has affected the scores, just asking anyone who knows the Bcci's mindset more than I do whether this is something they have possibly considered? Certainly sounds like the thing to do if the side your playing focusses on their pace attack, and has a lack of quality spin.

Yes, I too feel the BCCI might have done it keeping that in mind. But nothing wrong. Its home advantage. we havent been totally using home advantage on the pitches. the pitches these days in india are more sporting than before. so why not use this one to our advantage? thats why they say winning abroad is more satisfying for any country!

puddleduck said:

every country has different conditions how can bcci plot the conditions :eek:
and the bcci has rotation policies for grounds so every ground has been alloted particular amount of matches.now the last 3 odis will be played in moderate conditions let us what the english team does
remember when india go to england they have to play under very cold conditions and about travelling i think it could have been good to travel to all places if they were winning now because of losing they complain :boxing :crying :crying :cool:

Last edited:
England is a smaller country, you don't travel that much, plus you have similar climate everywhere. India is different, its more like the subcontinent (if i include Pak. and Bangladesh), and climate tends to be different in different places.

BCCI also follows rotaton-policy, and therefore they have to allot matches to certain venues. I think England should have been a little more prepared but you really can't fault them.

I don't think Chappell/Co. are following any specific order. RPS should have been in the team, he has been consistent, and wicket taking bowler so far. he bowls good line and length.

cricket_lover said:
England is a smaller country, you don't travel that much, plus you have similar climate everywhere. India is different, its more like the subcontinent (if i include Pak. and Bangladesh), and climate tends to be different in different places.

BCCI also follows rotaton-policy, and therefore they have to allot matches to certain venues. I think England should have been a little more prepared but you really can't fault them.

I don't think Chappell/Co. are following any specific order. RPS should have been in the team, he has been consistent, and wicket taking bowler so far. he bowls good line and length.

he bowls good line and length come on have you seen the pakistan test series he was awful and in the odis he was lucky to get wickets of bad balls and in the first odi he bowled rubbish he should be dropped .

If one series determines a players, we will be having 100's of Bradmans and 1000's of players with terrible records. Why was he picked into the team then? To get kicked out right after one series? Is that the way to select/groom players?

Why bother having him in the squad, when you don't give him a chance? Not just RPS, but others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread