Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Hey give new meduim pacers sometime. Let them mature after player 2-3 yrs of intl cricket. I would hate to see current crop of pacers fade away like nehra, zaheer or balaji did. Dont put undue pressure on them.

puddleduck said:
Another person who hasn't actually read the other posts on the subject :rolleyes: Not once have i used it as an excuse, I was merely pointing out that at that temperature, and in that humidity should people be playing cricket, considering the last time Dravid did so he ended up on a drip in hospital? I specifically made the point that they could have been playing in any conditions and India would still have won.

If you honestly believe that wearing a sweater and playing in temperatures of around 5degrees is worse than playing in 90 percent humidity than you need your head checked. Besides in England in summer it is very rarely that cold, normally around 5-10 degrees at the coldest, and that would only be for the first hour of play, maybe the last hour of play. It is far easier to stay on your toes and keep moving to keep warm, than to try and play energetic cricket in 40 degrees heat with 90% humidity that is just common sense.

Spooky.. perhaps this Andrew Miller chap has been gathering my thoughts from this thread to write his article :D

dravid has a problem with extreme sweating so he has some medicine specially from australia to solve his problem and i think its the diff conditions which make cricket a great game.you have got your own views similarly we feel it is much easier to play in 35 centigrade than 10 centigrade :cheers

rituraj said:
Hey give new meduim pacers sometime. Let them mature after player 2-3 yrs of intl cricket. I would hate to see current crop of pacers fade away like nehra, zaheer or balaji did. Dont put undue pressure on them.

thats my point well said mate but they should mature at domestic cricket not at international level

Cricket_god said:
its the diff conditions which make cricket a great game.you have got your own views similarly we feel it is much easier to play in 35 centigrade than 10 centigrade :cheers

Couldn't agree more about the different conditions making cricket what it is, nice to have an honest and polite discussion with you :cheers

Still feel however that even the Indian players had a few problems with the extreme heat if the humidity is that high, if anything they may actually play better in heat more around the 20-30 degrees mark, especially without the humidity. Their concentration may improve due to the lack of so long in the baking sun, and as such their fielding could improve.

Might also see the quick bowlers being able to sustain their careers longer, without dissapearing back to domestic cricket around the ages of 25 with injuries.

As I keep saying (and after Ronny_Kingsleys post should probably keep saying) I am not making excuses here, just looking for ways for both sets of players to deliver better cricket in as even an enviroment as possible.

puddleduck said:
Couldn't agree more about the different conditions making cricket what it is, nice to have an honest and polite discussion with you :cheers

Still feel however that even the Indian players had a few problems with the extreme heat if the humidity is that high, if anything they may actually play better in heat more around the 20-30 degrees mark, especially without the humidity. Their concentration may improve due to the lack of so long in the baking sun, and as such their fielding could improve.

Might also see the quick bowlers being able to sustain their careers longer, without dissapearing back to domestic cricket around the ages of 25 with injuries.

As I keep saying (and after Ronny_Kingsleys post should probably keep saying) I am not making excuses here, just looking for ways for both sets of players to deliver better cricket in as even an enviroment as possible.

well said mate about the fast bowlers you are absolutely right and i have to say if you were not online right now i could have been bored sitting on my computer as we are having summer vacations right now and my graphics card has burned so no playing cricket 2005 and now it is 2 pm afternoon in india i am planning to go to ground for playing cricket at 4 pm so thanks for the discussion. :happy

Cricket_god said:
well said mate about the fast bowlers you are absolutely right and i have to say if you were not online right now i could have been bored sitting on my computer as we are having summer vacations right now and my graphics card has burned so no playing cricket 2005 and now it is 2 pm afternoon in india i am planning to go to ground for playing cricket at 4 pm so thanks for the discussion. :happy

See even in virtual cricketing world the heat is too much. Joking of course ;)

Off-topic, when you get a new graphics card, if you have space and do not have one already, install a fan at the front of your pc that blows air into the Pc, and have one at the back of your Pc that sucks the air out again. Helps to create a good air-flow and protect components. Of course you may already have done all this.

Enjoy your cricket later on, my next net is not until tuesday, looking foward to it as my top spinner and doosra (ok you got me, its just a badly disguised leg-spinner) are coming along nicely :)

puddleduck said:
See even in virtual cricketing world the heat is too much. Joking of course ;)

Off-topic, when you get a new graphics card, if you have space and do not have one already, install a fan at the front of your pc that blows air into the Pc, and have one at the back of your Pc that sucks the air out again. Helps to create a good air-flow and protect components. Of course you may already have done all this.

Enjoy your cricket later on, my next net is not until tuesday, looking foward to it as my top spinner and doosra (ok you got me, its just a badly disguised leg-spinner) are coming along nicely :)

thanks for your suggestion i have ordered a xfx geforce 7600 gt pci express card and a antec cyclone blower for cooling .i hope this keeps the card cool otherwise after spending so much on a card it would be very bad to buy another card.
and i also use the legspinner as a doosra . i may a develop a teesra as cricket 2005 as well :cool:

I put my money on the India whitewash. Unfortonatly it looks like there may be Thunderstorms :( (according to yahoo forecast as on cricinfo)

booooooo! lol.

irottev said:
I put my money on the India whitewash. Unfortonatly it looks like there may be Thunderstorms :( (according to yahoo forecast as on cricinfo)

booooooo! lol.

I did'nt do so instead did the opposite.
If its washed out,you 'll get your money back though.
Don' worry ;)

irottev said:

booooooo! lol.
yeah......so wat.......we will win 6-0 :D

Gyaan_Guru said:
yeah......so wat.......we will win 6-0 :D

This is way too much to expect and I think everyone is underestimating england. We have some very good ODI players like Pietersen, Flintoff, Collingwood and Anderson. On our day England can beat anyone in the world (remember the summer). I think England will win one match and maybe even two.

gary0808 said:
This is way too much to expect and I think everyone is underestimating england. We have some very good ODI players like Pietersen, Flintoff, Collingwood and Anderson. On our day England can beat anyone in the world (remember the summer). I think England will win one match and maybe even two.
well.........your day just never seems to come....... :D
Wat happened in the summer(which summer maybe 2005) is long long ago....the fact of the matter is that England are not a good ODI side.Period.

Last edited:
I think England can perform, provided they break the mental barrier of playing in India. They have not overcome a negative mindset when playing against India in India, which is surprising, considering that they have some good ODI performers.

I would say that they've mismanaged their talent over a period of time, particularly in the spin department. I think Monty Panesar should have been given an opportunity in the ODIs and Batty should have played more. But they have no trust in the spinners. Believe me, the Indian top order will struggle against spinners especially in ODIs because they'll look to go after them on slow low turners. The likes of Yuvraj, Raina and Dhoni are especially good against medium fast bowling, so having spinners in the middle period is crucial. Not enough variety in this department will always be a handicap.

Also maybe Hoggard will be useful in these conditions if he tries to emulate Pathan. Very similar bowlers, both rely on swing, but Pathan uses the cutters really well when there's no swing. Maybe Hoggard can be effective if he develops some variation in the ODI game.

I'd like to see England redeem some lost pride.
Anyways,you can't just dismiss their performance as pathetic,cause they have put up a good show in all matches.

Users who are viewing this thread