• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
andrew_nixon said:
Fair enough, but number one in tests is not number one in an international sport.

agreed, but test cricket will tend to have more weight than ODI's.

But anyone could possibly win an ODI. You don't need to be a best, whereas in tests your are the best of the 10 best countries (Well, maybe not Zimababwe currently...) and are able to be the best for 5 days straight.

I completely agree with Bob Willis. We should stop messing around with Solanki, Plunkett, Prior Mahmood and Blackwell.
Our Ideal One day team is:

Trescothick
Strauss
Pietersen
Vaughan
Flintoff
Collingwood
Jones
Giles
Harmison
Anderson
S.Jones

Adarsh said:
Anyone could win an ODI. True. Anyone can win 9 ODIs- not true.

i agree!
winning 10 ODI's in a row is something special, it may be equal to winning a test series.

andrew_nixon said:
Fair enough, but number one in tests is not number one in an international sport.

I feel the 'best' is somewhere in between. I feel a team is the best team in the world, when they have a very good run in both test matches and ODI's together. To my knowledge, only Australia have been the best both in tests and ODI's.

cricket_lover said:
i agree!
winning 10 ODI's in a row is something special, it may be equal to winning a test series.
Except... you don't really have to be flawless to win a World Cup. There can be better teams than you. In the World Cup, the randomness just flows off the charts. If a team like England has an off-day against Bangladesh (not that they will be playing each other), they could well find themselves out of the World Cup.

India got to the finals of the previous World Cup having a few sloppy games.

And I agree with Sai on the last comment. You can be good at test cricket, but with the importance of ODI's around the world, you cannot just write off that form of the game. Especially if you are trying to push for an even shorter version of the game (Twenty20) to be given international recognition.

I'd give more consideration to ODIs cause a World Cup win is more valuable than ICC test championship. If some team wins the world cup than their test team will automatically be good enough.

Don't you guys think Sehwag must be dropped for WI tour?He's not doing well these days.Making habit of getting into the 20s and 30s and getting out.Why not take Jaffer into the ODI team as well.

And Zaheer still deserves a chance.

kuttakumar said:
Don't you guys think Sehwag must be dropped for WI tour?He's not doing well these days.Making habit of getting into the 20s and 30s and getting out.Why not take Jaffer into the ODI team as well.

And Zaheer still deserves a chance.

well sehwag is not a good bats man at all poor tachniquse lie 10 years old kid ;)

all he knows is to score runs on dead flat track :D :D

no we pakistnis are not worried about him any more because we have found a bowler who can diss miss him very easily

Last edited by a moderator:
Muhammad Asif said:
well sehwag is not a good bats man at all poor tachniquse lie 10 years old kid ;)

all he knows is to score runs on dead flat track :D :D

well, welcome to PC...and may be i have to say good bye very soon. :D

Match about to start in 40 mins, i hope Indians bat first.

Sehwag is an integral part of the team, and i don't see him being dropped. Him being given captaincy must mean something very big. Same thing with Kaif.

siddharth2002 said:
I'd give more consideration to ODIs cause a World Cup win is more valuable than ICC test championship. If some team wins the world cup than their test team will automatically be good enough.

it has, in the case of Australia. But prior to 1999 WC, it wasn't so. SL won WC in 96, but never the best/among the best test team. Pakistan won the Cup in 92, but again were not the best. I think they were among the best teams, but never no.1. Same thing with 87 and 83 cup wins.

The coming WC will be interesting because the environment and attitude has changed so much. You've got Aus, India, Pakistan and SA, and any one of these teams can with the WC. You cannot rule out England, SL or NZ either. But in terms of ICC test rankings, i think Aus will still stay on top.

Last edited:
cricket_lover said:
well, welcome to PC...and may be i have to say good bye very soon.

Match about to start in 40 mins, i hope Indians bat first.

Sehwag is an integral part of the team, and i don't see him being dropped. Him being given captaincy must mean something very big. Same thing with Kaif.

i know you will never agree with me me

because you love sehwag who only score runs on paksitani dead traack ;)

Muhammad Asif said:
i know you will never agree with me me

because you love sehwag who only score runs on paksitani dead traack ;)

Lol, no body loves sehwag here. :D

He has had problems with the moving ball, but again he scored runs all around the world. Be it NZ, England, SA, WI or Aus, and that should mean something.

and just as i say that...

India won the toss and are batting first!

India team:
*V Sehwag, M Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, SK Raina, +MS Dhoni,
Y Venugopal Rao, RR Powar, Harbhajan Singh, RP Singh, MM Patel,
VR Singh.

England team:
*AJ Strauss, +MJ Prior, KP Pietersen, PD Collingwood,
VS Solanki, IR Bell, ID Blackwell, LE Plunkett, MJ Hoggard,
JM Anderson, SI Mahmood.

No SS, Dravid and Flintoff...it'll hurt me in FC. :(
and no Pathan as well, interesting combination this Indian line up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread