• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
gaurav_indian said:
Yup you r right.He is liability for India now.I also remember him saying two days ago in an interview when someone asked him about Sourav Ganguly's comeback then he said Ganguly is past now we have to look for youngsters who can perform consistently.Then what is Sehwag doing in the team. :eek:

Sehwag did not say "Ganguly is past now". You might have read the misquoted interview. When asked if the Ganguly controversy has affected the team, Sehwag said "We have forgotten that and we have moved on". When he says that, one obvious meaning is to that controversy and not to Ganguly because one cant really imagine Sehwag using adjectives like 'that' for Ganguly. Sehwag is a staunch supporter of Saurav and even has said that he is the right captain for Team India (when Dravid was handed the permanent reign).

embi said:
HAHA Pieterson, a part timer, bowled one of the best off spinners in the world! Just ironic!

That was a surprise from Pietersen. Harbhajan didnt seem to expect Pietersen to come up with such a delivery in his first over of the series!

sohummisra said:
Sehwag, grrr.... I don't know what India should do with him. He really needs to be at least moderately consistent.

If he fails at the final ODI against England, will the selectors bite the bullet and take a decision on him? My mind says 'NO' but my heart says they should! Atleast give VVS or Uthapa chances (if they dont want Saurav who should be the ideal choice)

saisrini80 said:
If he fails at the final ODI against England, will the selectors bite the bullet and take a decision on him? My mind says 'NO' but my heart says they should! Atleast give VVS or Uthapa chances (if they dont want Saurav who should be the ideal choice)
I don't think so bcoz he is already been selected for the 2 ODI's against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi.But I think Sehwag is taking his place for granted now.

India still have Harbhajan Singh, hes been awesome this series and England have struggled against him. It's going to be the pacemen that will need to back him up. RP Singh has been good in previous series so maybe he will shine in this one.

Just go back to the 1st ODI, India posted just over 200 and England weren't able to achieve it. As always it's going to take something special from someone. If KP fires I would think this would be over though.

aussie1st said:
Rested? Where did you hear that? From the preview I saw he was going to bat higher which he did.

He is rested for the last ODI . But why ??????????

Makes no sense at all.

Also Agarkar has been left out to accomadate VRV for the last match . Strange really strange .WHy didnt they pick him in the first place if they thought he was better than Agarkar.

Also Agrakar has done well in bth the matches he has bowled still he is facing the axe .

Hats off to our selctors for being in the news all the time for all the stupid or controversial transparent decisions.

andrew_nixon said:
Tests may be the purest form of cricket, but as an international sport, they're a joke. Only 10 teams can play them, whereas over 90 teams have the chance to play ODIs.

Give me a World Cup win, where you're the best out of more than 90 teams, over top of the test rankings, where you're the best out of just 10 teams, or an Ashes win, where you're the best out of just two teams, anytime.

But you don't have to beat all those 90 teams to win the World Cup, infact you only have to beat about 7/8.

sohummisra said:
What if England's cricket resurrection came through winning the 2003 World Cup and not being a very good test team? What if England were thumped in all their test outings, but thumped their opposition in all the ODI outings, in the last few years.

I think we can all try to be idealistic, but I think almost everyone, including myself, only sing the song that has a good tune. But then, you could be the one needle in the haystack.

Well I'll watch ODI cricket because it's Cricket, simple as. I got up this morning at 4.15.

What I'm saying though is I feel that ODIs shouldn't outnumber the ammount of Tests on a tour by more than double.

Getting the balance between the a good ODI and a good Test team is hard. England will never be the best at both.

ronny_kingsley said:
He is rested for the last ODI . But why ??????????

Makes no sense at all.

Also Agarkar has been left out to accomadate VRV for the last match . Strange really strange .WHy didnt they pick him in the first place if they thought he was better than Agarkar.

Also Agrakar has done well in bth the matches he has bowled still he is facing the axe .

Hats off to our selctors for being in the news all the time for all the stupid or controversial transparent decisions.

Well India have won the series so they are able to experiment. They already have rested Dravid and Pathan.

Seems like you guys were right on Hoggard, good in the test arena not so good in the ODI arena. He'll need to follow Bracken to be successful in ODI on these non swinging wickets.

Hoggards problem was his length, not particularly his line. Tbf though Dhoni was quite irresistible today.

To become a better ODI bowler Hoggy needs to:-

Improve his length.
Develop a yorker.
Cut the bouncers.

Sureshot said:
But you don't have to beat all those 90 teams to win the World Cup, infact you only have to beat about 7/8.
Yes, but you'd have won a tournament in which all those 90 teams participated. ODI cricket is an international sport. Test cricket isn't. With the exception of one tiny part of the West Indies, it's restricted solely to current or former British colonies.

When, like in ODI cricket, there is a structure in place that allows non-full members to qualify to play tests for a short time, then I'll consider it an international sport, and being number one in tests to be the pinnacle of cricket.

Ten teams does not make an international sport. Saying that the number one test team is the number one cricket team isn't that far removed from calling the winners of baseball's world series the world champions.

Users who are viewing this thread