Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
More than some credit. This was after all the first game in the series, wherein BOTH teams were fielding their second string sides. And England won comfortably.

Besides Sehwag has done nothing in this series to take this game casually. Imo he should be really concerned about his place in the team.

India can't afford to lose matches like this. This may demoralise them which might affect their performance at Abu Dhabi and West Indies.

It just shows how much we rely on experienced players. Of course, one match analysis is a bit too critical, but may be they can learn something from England.

At the comment made by someone about lowering the standards of test cricket by introducing 'minnows'. If minnows are introduced into the test arena, they probably won't be inducted with series against Australia, England or India. They will probably be playing the likes of Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and West Indies. I think more than having a positive effect on test cricket, this is a required move from the ICC. They need to create some sort of thoughtful partitioning, that doesn't cause the players to burnout on a regular basis, while allows thoughtful competition between two nations of equal power. More on this after I get to class. :)

sohummisra said:
At the comment made by someone about lowering the standards of test cricket by introducing 'minnows'. If minnows are introduced into the test arena, they probably won't be inducted with series against Australia, England or India. They will probably be playing the likes of Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and West Indies. I think more than having a positive effect on test cricket, this is a required move from the ICC. They need to create some sort of thoughtful partitioning, that doesn't cause the players to burnout on a regular basis, while allows thoughtful competition between two nations of equal power. More on this after I get to class. :)

I agree. They can try the tier systems....regularly for tests. Instead of rankings, you can have teams in Level 1, 2 or 3 and you can move to a higher level depending on your performance. THis also means "equal" teams can play each other, may be a 4-5 test match series.

India can't afford to lose matches like this. This may demoralise them which might affect their performance at Abu Dhabi and West Indies.

the win does more good to England, but it shouldn't harm Indian morale. I'm sure they'll come out firing in the last ODI, but they should concentrate on the long run, and i think this ODI was a good indication of what the players should expect once the experienced players retire.

It was a much deserved wake up call for India! When they dropped so many players, it sounded a lot of complacency. And Yuvraj aptly showed it with his shot selection!

Normally, Sehwag doesnt start off with a boundary. He was surely feeling less pressurized (may be because the series is decided!). But he ought to have taken full use of this opportunity to get big runs under his belt which he has not done! IMO, he has to play the next match (he has started saying that he will miss the match at Indore). If he misses, TERRIBLE! Both he and Kaif need that match badly to get another chance of coming back to form. who knows what will happen? What if the selectors take a turnaround and drop either for the Abu Dhabi series? They selected the team for the final 4 ODI's here and still they chopped off some to give rest. And the Abu Dhabi series is going to be an unofficial 'home series' for India.

kuttakumar said:

In fact I didnt see anything in this defeat that would demoralise us. It wasnt a thumping win for England. We managed to scare them a bit by picking up 5 wickets in the end, and it didnt look as convincing as it should have been! This has happened before against Sri lanka where we won 4-0 and then lost at Ahmedabad in the 5th one but then came back to win the next two to make it 6-1

Latest news for 7th ODI
Rahul Dravid,Dinesh Karthik in.
M.S.Dhoni,Ajit Agarkar out.
One out of Sehwag/Kaif will stay out of playing 11.

newzolt said:
Latest news for 7th ODI
Rahul Dravid,Dinesh Karthik in.
M.S.Dhoni,Ajit Agarkar out.
One out of Sehwag/Kaif will stay out of playing 11.

Wasnt it Zorax who gave us an unofficial news that Dinesh Kaarthick (hope I am right with the spelling Zorax!) will be in for the 7th ODI. Now its true.

When Pathan can be given rest, why not Dhoni? He has more workload than Pathan in the sense that when he bats for long, he has the added burden of keeping wickets for the entire 50 overs! And he has played long enough to warrant a rest for just a single game. Nothing wrong in resting him! I thought they would have Uthappa behind the wickets.

I would love Dinesh Kaarthick to do well in the next game. Dhoni should also not be allowed to feel that he is indispensable! Thats what is happening with Sehwag and it wont be long before it happens to Dhoni who is a special kind of player!

Let them rest Kaif next game. Sehwag has to play! I would want him to come down the order. Dravid and Uthhapa can open next game with Pathan at one down and Sehwag at No.4. Here is my team for the next match

R.Dravid
R.Uthapa
I.Pathan
V.Sehwag
Y.Singh
S.Raina
D.Kaarthick
R.Powar
H.Singh
M.Patel
S.Sreesanth

Well good win England today, atleast they win something.

newzolt said:
Unconfirmed news: Dinesh Kartik to play in the 7th ODI.
I suppose it is post no.3284 that is being referred to if I am not wrong.

saisrini80 said:
Wasnt it Zorax who gave us an unofficial news that Dinesh Kaarthick (hope I am right with the spelling Zorax!) will be in for the 7th ODI. Now its true.

When Pathan can be given rest, why not Dhoni? He has more workload than Pathan in the sense that when he bats for long, he has the added burden of keeping wickets for the entire 50 overs! And he has played long enough to warrant a rest for just a single game. Nothing wrong in resting him! I thought they would have Uthappa behind the wickets.

I would love Dinesh Kaarthick to do well in the next game. Dhoni should also not be allowed to feel that he is indispensable! Thats what is happening with Sehwag and it wont be long before it happens to Dhoni who is a special kind of player!

Let them rest Kaif next game. Sehwag has to play! I would want him to come down the order. Dravid and Uthhapa can open next game with Pathan at one down and Sehwag at No.4. Here is my team for the next match

R.Dravid
R.Uthapa
I.Pathan
V.Sehwag
Y.Singh
S.Raina
D.Kaarthick
R.Powar
H.Singh
M.Patel
S.Sreesanth

this is a potentially good line up.Both teams equal.

Sending Sehwag down is not the solution. He needs some rest..which he himself agreed to. Kaif on the other hand needs to play

Nice to see Englands quick bowlers looking far more dangerous on a quick pitch with a bit of bounce. Due to the lengths they like to bowl on they funnily enough often perform at their best when the pitch is a batting belter. Whilst when it is a little harder to bat on, and lacks in pace or bounce they struggle to adjust.

The pitch for todays game resembled the current Windies pitches quite well, so they will all have done themselves the world of good in regards to being in Fletchers thoughts for the World Cup.

I've seen a few Indian fans bringing up the confidence, and need to win issue after India lose this Odi. You have to remember that in odi cricket a defeat is always possible, they have already won the series comfortably, and are looking to experiment from now on. Plus in that heat you can hardly expect them to go hell for leather.

You saw what happened to Strauss, Prior, and Plunkett, 3 players who all had points to prove in this game and were in the end seriously affected by the soaring heat.

puddleduck said:
You saw what happened to Strauss, Prior, and Plunkett, 3 players who all had points to prove in this game and were in the end seriously affected by the soaring heat.
There is news that many England players had to be given IV fluids in dressing room during the match! In Indore, the venue for the 7th ODI, conditions aren't expected to improve either.

I would almost agree with you-but I don't hope that Kaarthick does something of exceptional quality. Is it really that equitable to threaten a player's position if he has consistently delivered? Especially when there are other players who are in need of a kick up the behind?

Users who are viewing this thread