Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
England is about to win the warm-up match. Only two wickets left now.

Blackwell had a good match as I see his stats from this match. Apart from the one run in the first innings, he made runs and got wickets. I think he will play in the Test match.

I hope so ZZ, he can win the match with both ball and bat.

Poor mans Afridi :D o/j

I take it that's about the sky deal?

It's not completely dead, infact it would surprise me if Sky don't go back in. There's a big population of Indian cricket fans in England aswell, and they'd get big enough audiences.

i know for a fact ary wont get it!!
they live on sponsors so how can they pay 5m!!
hope sony gets it!!
they coverage of pakistan in india was very good!!

great news for us asian fans too in a way!!

Good game for England! They look really good now after the beating they got against Pakistan! Their batsman are getting into the groove and they have a almost fully fit squad (except Gilo!). Their bowlers have also had a good workout in the middle! Well now, they will face a far stronger Board President XI team with some players waiting for international level. Thats going to be a bigger and sterner test awaiting them!

India needs to play at the 100% best even though they are playing at home! Well, since this is in India, I expect a very close test series with the scoreline slightly in favor of India in the end! I dont know if this will turn out like the Ind-Aus in 2001 but the signs seem to show that it will be close to that one that made us all sit up and enjoy cricket at its best!

Piyush Chawla stands among the gains from the U-19 World Cup

Chawla : Kumble's successor?

Last edited:
Spinners

ronny_kingsley said:
ALso your comment about "UNFORTUNATELY" is unfortunate in itself. Why should we be ashamed of our spin.Why isnt it going to take us far ??

Spinners aren't going to get India many wins in England, Australia, South Africa, and even Pakistan.
When was the last time India won against a real team outside the Sub-Continent? I think 20 yeas ago. India has never beaten Australia or South Africa on their own soil.
Spinners are "Icing on the Cake" or "Gravy on the Meat" as far as a country's bowling attack goes. We need to work on the Cake and Meat first.

s2sschan said:
Spinners aren't going to get India many wins in England, Australia, South Africa, and even Pakistan.
When was the last time India won against a real team outside the Sub-Continent? I think 20 yeas ago. India has never beaten Australia or South Africa on their own soil.
Spinners are "Icing on the Cake" or "Gravy on the Meat" as far as a country's bowling attack goes. We need to work on the Cake and Meat first.

True.
If Kumble spun the ball more than he did, i'm sure India would have won few more matches..abroad. For India to win abroad, right now, they need both Kumble and the medium pacers to click..at the same time!
But with genuine pace bowlers, its a different case. India requires a bowler who can bowl reasonably fast...Sreesanth is looking good, he needs to play more cricket, may be a term or two in English county will help him.

It'll be stupid to talk about VRV/MP, since we know (almost) nothing about them. They are not yet in the limelight.

For the first test, India might go with two pacers/two spinners. Pathan and may be RPS/Khan should get the nod, apart from Kumble and Bhajji.

Dhoni said:
As-salaam-waalekhum Bismilla-e-rehman-e-rahim. First of all, thanks to allah. Hope India will win.

plz do not try to talk like inzi thanks

pansar looks like harbajhan brother to me

Dhoni said:
As-salaam-waalekhum Bismilla-e-rehman-e-rahim. First of all, thanks to allah. Hope India will win.
Inzy is very religious.he looks really great when saying dat but he needs to improve his English a lil. :p

Users who are viewing this thread