Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Squad is named. No Gough. Keep on dancing, Gough. ;)

Test squad: Michael Vaughan (Capt), Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Ashley Giles, Stephen Harmison, Matthew Hoggard, Geraint Jones, Simon Jones, Kevin Pietersen, Liam Plunkett, Matthew Prior, Andrew Strauss, Marcus Trescothick, Shaun Udal, (Spinner to be named later).

One-day squad: Michael Vaughan (Capt), Kabir Ali, James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ian Blackwell, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Ashley Giles, Stephen Harmison, Geraint Jones, Simon Jones, Kevin Pietersen, Matthew Prior, Liam Plunkett, Andrew Strauss, Marcus Trescothick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4608576.stm

Gough's reaction

Gough upset by England exclusion
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4608632.stm

Udal over Panasar! :what

Graveney is keen to allow young players the chance to establish themselves in England's one-day squad in India, hence Gough's omission.

Clearly not in the test squad though...

Spinner to be named later, please be Panesar please be Panesar.

hahaha!! too true, i take it G-lo has been given the flick?

Absolute joke that Udal was selected ahead of Panesar and Blackwell. I mean evan Chris Gayle's or Andrew Symonds off spins are more handy and turns more than Udal's. But hopefully Panesar will be selected as the third spinner. But it is good to see Plunkett retain his spot in the England team :D

JamesyJames3 said:
So your suggesting we drop Giles and put in another seamer? Go with an all seam attack? What whacky backy you smoking? England will definately play one spinner.

Because obviously Giles will take more wickets than Plunkett :rolleyes:

Giles averages 46 with the ball.

I like this bit. Implies that there isn't one in the squad already. Which there isn't

Rubbish, Harmisons Leg Cutter spins, just ask Michael Clarke ;)

Panesar took 48 wickets in 8 games at an average of 22.

Udal had his chance and blew it, but as we know Everyone get's several chances under the ECBs ruling.

I'm just hoping Giles is too injured to play.

So your questioning yourself if you hate Giles :D :pedant:

Although Giles had a good 2004 (WIndies Lefties helping) and done well in sub-contintent before.

Still pick Panesar though.

Udal??????????????????????????????? :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :what :what :what :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall
If he plays in the first test, it'll be his 1st and last match of the tour.

I would like to invite the selectors round for a day. I would hang them to the ceiling by their ties and use them as punchbag's so they get the message that Shaun Udal is not good enough for international Cricket. They deserve alot of credit for realising who the talented young are and sticking with them, but Shaun Udal is neither talented or young. How utterly ridiculous.

I like Giles. He's good with the bat and gives the seamers a break.
My problem with Udal is how can they jettison Gough on the one hand saying they want youth not experience and then include Udal who has neither youth nor experience.
I know the criteria is different for test and ODI but still.

stevie said:
I would like to invite the selectors round for a day. I would hang them to the ceiling by their ties and use them as punchbag's so they get the message that Shaun Udal is not good enough for international Cricket.
I would also like to try my hand at it. :upray :upray :upray :upray :upray

Users who are viewing this thread