Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Sky Sports have announced on their website that they have secured a 4 year deal with Nimbus. They hence will be screening the test series between India and England starting from March 1 and the next series in 2009. Apart from this, the Australian, Pakistan, Sri Lankan and South African tours of India will also be shown on Sky.

And?

They don't mean much, plus we're a bowler short and a batsman short.

They are more important for getting players used to heat, conditions, etc.

It's not over yet either irottev.

m_vaughan said:
Sky Sports have announced on their website that they have secured a 4 year deal with Nimbus. They hence will be screening the test series between India and England starting from March 1 and the next series in 2009. Apart from this, the Australian, Pakistan, Sri Lankan and South African tours of India will also be shown on Sky.

yes skysports have the rights for all of India's home games for 4 years. they now have rights to all matches which include England and Australia, West Indies, South Africa and India at home

covering India home matches is big for sky they should get plenty of viewers for that

Good deal for Sky. They seem to have got most of their Commentary team on the broadcast as well.

I imagine Nimbus are feeling a little silly, not only did they fail to garner up interest from other networks, they've also sold off the rights to the English public for the next four years, meaning no more debacles like this one.

Excellent! Did I also read earlier that Atherton is joining the Sky commentary team, but Mark Nicholas isn't? It just gets better .

I think Mark Nicholas will join after he's finished with his commitments in Australia for this Winter.

England are 10/1

Munaf Patel bowled the fastest ball of the match(as told by L.Sivaramakrishnan) -140.8 Kmph. Munaf really impressed my .4 out of his 5 wickets were bolds.
Many people in the India vs Pakistan thread were mocking that India can't produce fast bowlers.
I think we's readying a reply to that.

Last edited:
India havent had a quality fast bowler for a while now. It'll be interesting to see whether these bowlers (Patel and Singh) have what it takes to succeed in the top level.

m_vaughan said:
does that mean that we will have to hear the likes of Bob Willis, Paul Allot and Co this series !

Yes as a part of the deal, Sky will send their commentry team to India. Should add a lot more spice to the mix since Nimbus dont really have anyone.

Does anyone know what the sky deal does to broadcast rights for the USA. Is it going to be on Dish Network or Directv?

Munaf Patel has been bowling wel right through the domestic season and also in the current match going on. He should be given a chance in the England test series. The selectors have to strike the iron when its hot.

Prime example of this is Irfan pathan. He was not selected for AUstralia tour but got in due to Zaheer's fitness problems. If Zaheer would have not gotten injured, Pathan may not have gotten a chance to play and impress. Munaf is riding a crest now and putting him in international scene now will boost his confidence no end. I hope the selectors give Munaf a chance in current test series.

Users who are viewing this thread