Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I don't think there is an Aussie tour though, for India. Its them who are touring the sub-continent.
Nehra and Khan bowled about 140-145's in domestic levels and also in the first few years of international cricket. They were quite consitent and then injuries/fitness issues came by.
So the hype around VRV and MP shouldn't be that much. India has quality fast bowlers but they just couldn't continue with that pace for a long time. I hope atleast one of VRV/MP can be more consistent and long-lasting.

Sai you can't honestly believe that with the injury and illness problems England have been suffering that they will have gone flat out in this warmup game?

Their bowlers will have been told to take it easy and just get more used to the conditions, which considering they were bowling to Indias potential future opening pair was always going to be difficult. They are also not bowling on anything like the pitch that they will play on in the first test, so I can't image they would have been under instructions to bend their backs.

Granted the batsman struggled, but again with it only being a 3 day match, the key is getting runs quickly, and making sure everyone has a bat. Gets to spend some time at the crease, retiring hurt your most in batsman meant a big total was never on the cards. To say that one should not look too far into the warmup game is actually spot on, let us not forget England actually lost their warmup games in South Africa, and we all know what happened in the series :)

The match has effectively ended up 10 v 11 for the batting and bowling, so it is hardly a surprise :)

saisrini said:
How sad is this? I live in the US unfortunately and the prices here for this series is terribly high. I have to live with it. Its not like you get to subscribe for a channel and you get cricket with it. Its all pay per view and its really expensive!
haha :)
Here cricket is free as long as they show it on DD.

Yea. Do not read too much into the warm up match. For England, it is the best opportunity to get used to the conditions and face an opposition which is somewhat close to the international XI.

You can only judge their performance in the tests.

I have to order Rogers' cable offer to watch this series..its about 25-30 bucks. Too bad...march is a crucial time for me in university, so i cannot watch the series.
Back to cricinfo then :cool: , it is the easiest thing for cricket.

Last edited:
I already have Sky+ in the living room and Sky Digital in the dining room which are connected to every other television in the house, so I'm all set for a thrilling series!
I'm currently enjoying the Pro20 match between South Africa and Australia at Johannesburg.
England must play Monty Panesar in my opinion, he should be feeling better by then.

DOnt Munaf,Bahutule,Mazumdar,Trivedi,Rakesh Patel deserve a place in any of the challenger tournaments team ??????
Munaf was injured then, and he is going to be getting a lot of chances in the A team this year and in the national team in the future.
I have no clue what has happened to Amol Muzdamar. He sounds like a really good batsman. Guess he will be another Ramprakash.
Bahutule had his chances and failed to impress, and with Chawala and Mishra coming up the ranks, its unlikely he will break through.
Haven't heard of the other two.

puddleduck said:
Sai you can't honestly believe that with the injury and illness problems England have been suffering that they will have gone flat out in this warmup game?

Their bowlers will have been told to take it easy and just get more used to the conditions, which considering they were bowling to Indias potential future opening pair was always going to be difficult. They are also not bowling on anything like the pitch that they will play on in the first test, so I can't image they would have been under instructions to bend their backs.

Granted the batsman struggled, but again with it only being a 3 day match, the key is getting runs quickly, and making sure everyone has a bat. Gets to spend some time at the crease, retiring hurt your most in batsman meant a big total was never on the cards. To say that one should not look too far into the warmup game is actually spot on, let us not forget England actually lost their warmup games in South Africa, and we all know what happened in the series :)

The match has effectively ended up 10 v 11 for the batting and bowling, so it is hardly a surprise :)
The bell is ringing.It's a wake up call for a huge loss that England can face in this Indian tour. :cool:

cricket_lover said:
Yea. Do not read too much into the warm up match. For England, it is the best opportunity to get used to the conditions and face an opposition which is somewhat close to the international XI.

You can only judge their performance in the tests.

I have to order Rogers' cable offer to watch this series..its about 25-30 bucks. Too bad...march is a crucial time for me in university, so i cannot watch the series.
Back to cricinfo then :cool: , it is the easiest thing for cricket.

I will watch the second and third test matches as my spring holidays co-incide with those! And definitely the ODI's irrespective of my college schedule!

Should be a thrilling series for sure!

gaurav_indian said:
The bell is ringing.It's a wake up call for a huge loss that England can face in this Indian tour. :cool:

Dont be over confident! You dont want to be in a position that those Pakistani fans were after India beat Pakistan comprehensively 4-1.

England has the ability to win the test series in India after 21 years! India have the ability to keep their dominance over England at home, intact! So you cant easily predict the result! England are now more humbled by their defeat to Pakistan! They have got the wake up call and would be waiting to pounce like wounded tigers!

This is a new stadium in Mumbai where the match b/w England and CCIXI
was played. This stadium could be one of the best in India.It might host some matches in Champions Trophy 2006 in India also.

Attachments

• 56884002.jpg
    56884002.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
If you guys want to know how quick Manuf is?here is an example of it.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 79
gaurav_indian said:
This is a new stadium in Mumbai where the match b/w England and CCIXI
was played. This stadium could be one of the best in India.It might host some matches in Champions Trophy 2006 in India also.

How much is the capacity of the stadium? Looks pretty decent from that view...

Dhoni said:
If you guys want to know how quick Manuf is?here is an example of it.

Thats quite an achievement for an Indian fast bowler to knock down almost all the stumps from the ground!

I would like to reiterate to all Indian fans-please don't make outlandish predictions and then have to put your foot in your mouth for making them!

prarara said:
I would like to reiterate to all Indian fans-please don't make outlandish predictions and then have to put your foot in your mouth for making them!

yea. no point in over-hyping the indian team. They are bunch of talented players and lets hope a good contest.

Sureshot said:
Geraint Jones, the man with great ability.............
Yap it's Geraint Jones and he's bowled by Manuf Patel in that picture.

Users who are viewing this thread