• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Sureshot said:
Geraint Jones, the man with great ability.............

Yeah!

But I think Munaf is certainly talented to sneak in such a delivery under the bat of Michael Vaughan or Andrew Flintoff and rattle his stumps......

I agree that this warm up match will not dictate the result of the series. Most teams will struggle early on in warm up matches and afterwards find their feet against the international team. Great to see Munaf performing well and pushing for Indian selection.

donkey said:
how fast is VR singh?

vrv was bowling around the 138/139 km/hr mark yesterday but on the first morning he was really quick and got the english batsmen ducking and weaving
but unfortunatly at that time dd sports speed gun was not working.the quickest ball of the match so far has been from munaf patel 141.8 km/hr

Cricket_god said:
vrv was bowling around the 138/139 km/hr mark yesterday but on the first morning he was really quick and got the english batsmen ducking and weaving
but unfortunatly at that time dd sports speed gun was not working.the quickest ball of the match so far has been from munaf patel 141.8 km/hr

Geeeeeez...i thought munaf was faster than that. I read somewhere he clocks between 145-150.
VRV singh sounds decent.

donkey said:
Geeeeeez...i thought munaf was faster than that. I read somewhere he clocks between 145-150.
VRV singh sounds decent.

No way! VRV is the fastest with 145km/ph and his average is at 140km/ph... If he is given international exposure and succeeds, he can add more pace (even though indian bowlers have this wierd tendency to lose pace as the graduate in international level!)

sohummisra said:
Isn't that the CCI stadium? It's a little difficult to sneak a new stadium into a crowded city like Mumbai.
Brabourne Stadium as it was called before. I remember watching a test match between India and England there, quite some time back.

Its not just pace that'll do the job. You need to vary your bowling, or generate bounce, have a very effective slower delivery.

Steve Harmison usually bowls at 145+, but his two main weapons are the extra bounce he can generate and the slower ball (aka Michael Clarke). However he does at times get his line completely wrong to left handers. Hopefully he'll have that fixed soon.

ronny_kingsley said:
Chawla has not done anything special yet,performances in Challenger finals wasnt that good as it is made out to be (look at Kartik's or Mongia's bowling in the same match)Pitch was good for spinners and so was the u-19 WC final pitch.Also please comparing him to Pathan (u-19 relation).
It is not always about the statistics ,mate.
The talent in the guy is apparent. This is the right time to blood him in and I think that if he succeeds , we have a real big impact player for the WC2007.

I don`t think Harbhajan is the spinner who will win us a WC.
We desperately need a good leggie and Chawla could be the one.

m_vaughan said:
Brabourne Stadium as it was called before. I remember watching a test match between India and England there, quite some time back.
So it isn't really a new stadium... unless they changed it since December when I played basketball there. :)

England up against it yet again in the warmup match.
VRV was impressive according to cricinfo.
I would play him in my final XI.

aditya123 said:
England up against it yet again in the warmup match.
VRV was impressive according to cricinfo.
I would play him in my final XI.

Munaf is looking the part in this game rather than VRV .He has got just one wicket and that of a slower ball.

Munaf got Flintoff of a good reverse swinging out swinger.Also in the 1st inning he used reverse swinging yorkers to wrap up England innings.

Infact SS Paul is even looking miles better than VRV Singh.

Patel rips through the English batting order like a pneumatic drill through butter, again. 55 runs to win for the Board XI with 30 overs to go. Should be an easy win.

EDIT: Jaffar's out.

Munaf looked absolutely lethal than VRV. Though VRV has the tendency to be quick, Munaf with his slight slinging action will be more effective. He did manage to get a few swing into the batsmen and quite a few to cut in quite sharply.

VRV has the tendency to take the ball away and that might prove to be a problem for the batsmen when he can do that at his quickest.

To me the ball of the day was the first ball from Munaf to Hoggy, the bouncer literally had the batsman stunned and I thought it brushed the glove (DInesh Kaarthick couldn't hold on to it) though the commentators said it was the grill.

Shib Paul was quite impressive and can be used in the ODIs to tie one end up. ala Ian Harvey, Scott Styris. Not test material though.

I would have picked Munaf instead of VRV any given day.

Users who are viewing this thread