• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
vibs89 said:
Not it isn't like that same thing happen Sony which they had showed Live matches same time in India as followed over here. Same goes to Zee TV. So you don't need to worry about that.

Excellent! Now just waiting to see if the matches are really shown!

Cant wait to watch our Indian team live on TV!

Back to cricketing discussion, I hope Munaf gets a look in for the second test at Mohali!

I think ARY and SKY have got the rights to show the matches outside India for the next 4 years.

saisrini80 said:
Legally - Willow.tv

One more curiosity arises, how are Sahara One's programmes beamed here in the US?

I have a South Indian channel. Even though they are beamed directly from India, they organize it so that the programming that you see in India at 8pm on 25th, you see the same programming at 9pm in the US on the 25th. Which means they first telecast the programme in India and then telecast it 8-9 hrs later in the US so that the times get in sync.

If the same method is followed by Sahara One, the US citizens wont watch the matches live! Because in India, the matches start at 9:30am IST on March 1st and so the matches will come to the US viewers only by 10:30am IST on March 1st. By that time, we would have seen the scores of the whole day's play on Cricinfo!

I hope they think abt the US viewers and make it live for the US viewers also!

Bhaiya, even if it isn't live, I'd still love to see some good cricket!

I checked the schedule on my Dish TV...it doesn't say 'cricket' on the time when it is supposed to come, but perhaps the programming schedule hasn't been updated yet. Also, I was talking to my dad and he said that they will start airing DD as a channel on Dish Network sometime in April or May!

Last edited:
prarara said:

I checked the schedule on my Dish TV...it doesn't say 'cricket' on the time when it is supposed to come, but perhaps the programming schedule hasn't been updated yet. Also, I was talking to my dad and he said that they will start airing DD as a channel on Dish Network sometime in April or May!

Hope so they will satrt airing DD Channel.

Fletcher said it would be Flintoff.
Which batsman should be called to India, Owais Shah, Vikram Solanki or Ed Joyce?

Shah had an operation in the winter, but i'd stick with him, he's playing atm in the A Team.

Where Read and Batty made runs and Batty took 4-62 with WIndies 7 down.

iceman_waugh said:
I think ARY and SKY have got the rights to show the matches outside India for the next 4 years.

ARY is being screened in the US just as much as Sahara is being screened. ARY is a Pakistan channel, if I am right! Sky is for English viewers!

If I remember right, Sony TV used to carry some matches of England vs Sri Lanka long time back and the US viewers were able to catch the action on Sony TV. Same with Zee TV also who had sometime back telecasted a series of Sri Lanka vs South Africa that was watched by a no. of Zee TV viewers in the US

So I remain optimistic!

prarara said:

DD for Dish Network? If people watch that Fourth umpire show on DD, they will run away from the channel as a whole!

owais shah should be called up!!
as hes a pakistani by roots, it would be interesting how he does as he might be in the mindset of playing for pakistan!!

iceman_waugh said:
Who will lead England in the first test ?
Andrew Strauss or Andrew Flintoff ?

i.e. if Michael Vaughan doesnt lead rite? Or has he been ruled out?

Lets take the English casualities:

Virus:
Jones
Udal
Injury:
Pieterson
Vaughan
Collingwood
Other:
Threscothick

So, thats 7 and 2/3(3 spinners, i out) of the team remaining - about 8. So the three reserves are:

Cook
Shah
Anderson

Interesting...

iceman_waugh said:

Sky have got the rights in the UK for the next 4 years. India v England this year and 2009 will only be on Sky Sports but all other India ODIs and tests at home will be on Sky Sports and an Asian channel. Could be ARY, could be SONY, could be Zee. That is to be announced at a later date.

As for the USA nothing has been announced yet. Sahara One have the satellite rights to the series but only for India. Nimbus have sold the US rights but are set to annouce who has won them and the rights in the Middle East and other parts of the world on Monday. Sahara One unless they are annouced by Nimbus to have won the US rights (which are sold seperatly to the US rights so Nimbus get more money) will be blacked out during the matches in other countries except India.

So wait until its annouced tomorrow before subscribing to anything!

Flintoff will lead England, if Vaughan is ruled out of the first test. Couple more days to go, lets see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread