Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Simon Jones is also injured now and is expected to miss first test. An extremely depleted side now. Will be a miracle if England could even get close to India in the first test. But it could be an ideal opportunity for the youngsters to step up to the international stage.

Well, it's probably because the people living in the US are well enough to spend $150+ on a cricket series, if they want to watching it enough.

No Vaughan, Trescothick, Pietersen, Jones, Giles

I suspect we're going to accused of making excuses anyway... :rolleyes:

Gosh this is bad news, like the Ashes in 2002/03, the only difference being the players injured then were useless. If Flintoff is given the role of the captaincy it cannot do his individual chances any good, putting far too much pressure on him to perform with the bat, ball, in the field and in his decisions, and especially in the harsh environment of India.

barmyarmy said:
No Vaughan, Trescothick, Pietersen, Jones, Giles

I suspect we're going to accused of making excuses anyway... :rolleyes:

Dam you English why do you keep getting so many injuries. I want to rub in some of these defeats post Ashes :) Can't believe Jones is injuried again I wanted to see how he would go in Indian conditions.

James219 said:
Gosh this is bad news, like the Ashes in 2002/03, the only difference being the players injured then were useless. If Flintoff is given the role of the captaincy it cannot do his individual chances any good, putting far too much pressure on him to perform with the bat, ball, in the field and in his decisions, and especially in the harsh environment of India.

ITA agree on Flintoff. Botham played best when Brearly was captain.
It can't help his game having to think about batting, bowling, fielding and captaincy.
Time to call up Thorpey from the depths of New South Wales...

Take Thorpey back he hasn't done much in 2nds, just shows you how strong our comp is ;) Why not get Robert Key into your squad :p

What about?

Vikram Solanki
Ed Joyce
Alex Wharf
Richard Johnson

It is going to be one of the hardest tours for England now. I think they would have won the test series with a full strength squad, but now even that looks unlikely.

barmyarmy said:
Ouch!
I believe I'm higher on the call-up sheet than him.
Thats a bit unfair, only 3 players scored more runs than Rob in county cricket last season.

Here we have england dropping like flies, the aussies doing the same just after the south africans did a couple of months back....but they've still got injury worries. Too much cricket?

I think AB summed it up well - never in his time as a cricket player did a player go down with a stomach muscle injury (ala ponting)....because never in his time did anyone have a muscle in their stomach (think boony). These guys are going way too hard for their own good.

TOo much on flintoff's shoulders now - he struggled in pakistan, and looks like he's doing the same in india - why complicate things with the captaincy?

valvolux said:
TOo much on flintoff's shoulders now - he struggled in pakistan, and looks like he's doing the same in india - why complicate things with the captaincy?
He's the most experienced Test player left, that's why.

barmyarmy said:
Ouch!
I believe I'm higher on the call-up sheet than him.
Assuming that you're not injured like Key is, then you may be right. Oh, apart from the fact that he could do better than you with one arm.

m_vaughan said:
What about?

Vikram Solanki
Ed Joyce
Alex Wharf
Richard Johnson

It is going to be one of the hardest tours for England now. I think they would have won the test series with a full strength squad, but now even that looks unlikely.
Where did that come from? 2001? He's struggled the last few years, although I will agree that he's better than Anderson when they're both at the top of their games.

kevmead said:
Thats a bit unfair, only 3 players scored more runs than Rob in county cricket last season.

Don't care. He doesn't have the technique for test cricket. Same with Ed Smith.

MUFC1987 said:
Assuming that you're not injured like Key is, then you may be right. Oh, apart from the fact that he could do better than you with one arm.

I might beat him over 100 metres...

Users who are viewing this thread