• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
Dam you English why do you keep getting so many injuries. I want to rub in some of these defeats post Ashes :) Can't believe Jones is injuried again I wanted to see how he would go in Indian conditions.
Yep, but that knee he destroyed would never really be right or like it was. It's been rendered back to as good as it can be, it's not really natural though.

Any hope we had in this series has gone. But any other team that have this many injuries would struggle.

Could Australia cope in India losing, their captain, experienced opener, good paceman, eplosive batsman?

Flintoff is almost confirmed as skipper for the first ODI as Vaughan might fly home due to his injury...

Wow! 5 wickets down already. I just hope that James Anderson does not perform well. Also Ed Joyce could have been a good selection.

Machanperu Bala said:
I just hope that James Anderson does not perform well.

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of runs from Jimmy.

I always try and look on the bright side of a situation when it comes to England, but I'm struggling to see what good will come out of this now. Sure, we only lost 1-0 the last time we were in India with a very inexperienced side, but we hadn't lost our captain and vice-captain.

And a thought for Simon Jones. What has this man done wrong in a previous life to deserve this sort of luck? I think this picture says it all.

That Australian pitch screwed Simon Jones' career up big time.

Jones definately out of the 1st test according to Sky Sports News.

Speculation surrounding why Marcus Trescothick left the tour is very interesting. I would check your papers for this over the coming weeks...

Hoggard for vice skip? :)

For England this is really bad, no Pietersen, no Trescothick, no Vaughan, no Jones either. There could be a lot of swing if the ground is hard and Jones will be sorely missed for the first test. England have a real problem with the bat now as there isn't much experience between them. People like Ian Bell and Andrew Strauss who only made his test debut less than 2 years ago. Flintoff is also having a real batting problem at the moment.

hondeyho said:
For England this is really bad, no Pietersen, no Trescothick, no Vaughan, no Jones either. There could be a lot of swing if the ground is hard and Jones will be sorely missed for the first test. England have a real problem with the bat now as there isn't much experience between them. People like Ian Bell and Andrew Strauss who only made his test debut less than 2 years ago. Flintoff is also having a real batting problem at the moment.

Pieterson is playing. He came through nets today fine.

Sorry forgot about that - but he doesn't have that much experience either :(

JamesyJames3 said:
Speculation surrounding why Marcus Trescothick left the tour is very interesting. I would check your papers for this over the coming weeks...
What rumours have you heard? Are they Father in law related?

As a true cricket fan, I feel really sorry for th English side.
I was expecting a rivetting contest for the No.2 spot in the world but now I doubt it.

I would still not rule out an English fightback though its highly unlikely.
They still have Harmisson, Freddie and KP in their ranks and thay could be quit a handful.
I feel that the biggest of the 3 blows (injuries) is th loss of Trescothik.

He is one batsman who has had success in the last tour and plays spin well.

Let us still hope for a good contest.
Let us hope that England have better luck with injuries.

We never know, all the adversity might lift Freddie to greater heights.

This will be a bigger test for England than the Ashes series .

I hope Vaughan is fit for the next test. Is there any news about Trescothick... about whether he'll join the tour later or not. I was really looking forward to seeing him play. He played really well when we toured England last time. Was looking forward to see how well he would adapt to the conditions here....

This will be a bigger test for England than the Ashes series.
I doubt it. Although logically it might be more difficult, the English team don't really seem to care about these series. Don't get me wrong, but England don't have that winning urge when playing other teams apart from Australia. I am sure most English fans will be happy if they lose every match this year, but win the Ashes. They don't give subcontinental tours much importance, which I feel is a shame.

It'll certainly be a bigger challenge though - the only player missing from our squad during the Ashes was Simon Jones, and that was only for the last test.

Users who are viewing this thread