• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Ste said:
Sky have got the rights in the UK for the next 4 years. India v England this year and 2009 will only be on Sky Sports but all other India ODIs and tests at home will be on Sky Sports and an Asian channel. Could be ARY, could be SONY, could be Zee. That is to be announced at a later date.

As for the USA nothing has been announced yet. Sahara One have the satellite rights to the series but only for India. Nimbus have sold the US rights but are set to annouce who has won them and the rights in the Middle East and other parts of the world on Monday. Sahara One unless they are annouced by Nimbus to have won the US rights (which are sold seperatly to the US rights so Nimbus get more money) will be blacked out during the matches in other countries except India.

So wait until its annouced tomorrow before subscribing to anything!

Well, that makes it sound like I will have to be stuck with pay per view telecasts. I dont think Nimbus will go for Sony or Sahara One for the US rights (unless they make a dramatic decision!). So I'm expecting a disappointing decision!

i think the 1st test will be free there probably just promoting it then they will charge after

saisrini80 said:
Well, that makes it sound like I will have to be stuck with pay per view telecasts. I dont think Nimbus will go for Sony or Sahara One for the US rights (unless they make a dramatic decision!). So I'm expecting a disappointing decision!

Do you know if there are subdivisions to Sahara One? Like Sahara One News...Sports etc.?

This sounds very familar to what happened in Pakistan but with less injuries. India should at the very least draw the test matches. They shouldn't lose them with the batting lineup they have.

saisrini80 said:

If they pay the most money then they will get it. Nimbus really need to get back the $500+ million spent on the rights!

************ is probably illegal. They have been broadcasting the matches before, when Willow.tv had the legal rights. I'm pretty sure ********* is made by some teenager who is making some wild cash. Hehe.

Interesting that the webcast rights haven't been sold yet.

sohummisra said:
*********** is probably illegal. They have been broadcasting the matches before, when Willow.tv had the legal rights. I'm pretty sure ******** is made by some teenager who is making some wild cash. Hehe.

Interesting that the webcast rights haven't been sold yet.
I wonder if the stream they are offering will work or not but I m gonna connect any ways. Free cricket:cool:

Adarsh said:
Read this guys. You can watch the cricket online for free. As far as I know it is legal (Andrew, please remove it if it is not).They are showing only the first test for free! I haven't found any catch yet. If you have, let me know.
http://www.*********.**/India-England.asp

if they are offering it for free, then its definitely illegal! cant offer india vs england for free even for a single day!

prarara said:
Do you know if there are subdivisions to Sahara One? Like Sahara One News...Sports etc.?

There are only two channels - Sahara One Television (which we have) and Filmy Channel (this one is not for US viewers).

aussie1st said:
This sounds very familar to what happened in Pakistan but with less injuries. India should at the very least draw the test matches. They shouldn't lose them with the batting lineup they have.

And even more so if the pitches play true to the Indian spin strength! I want to see Kumble and Bhajju bamboozle the English batsmen with their bowling!

Ste said:
If they pay the most money then they will get it. Nimbus really need to get back the $500+ million spent on the rights!

Well I hope so! It would be gr8 if either Sony or Sahara One gets the US rights too. They are affiliated with Dish Network (Echostar) who have been telecasting the matches so far!

No you wrong Sai. There is three Sahara Channel. One is Sahara News, then Sahara one in the U.S currently and Sahara Motion which is India but not in U.S.

siddharth2002 said:
I wonder if the stream they are offering will work or not but I m gonna connect any ways. Free cricket:cool:
:D

May be i'll try as well... :cool:
I get highlights from a paid website..its 100% legal, so i'm happy with it.

Man I don't why in India they show free cricket and with No PPV but in U.S with PPV when there are 3.21 Millions of Indians living here in U.S. Hardly all the Indians are intrsted to watch cricket.

Yea. It is not good at all. I'm not sure how it is in Canada. I believe its about $25 as a package but not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread