• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
engand team sucks it does not look to me that they won the ashes

I'm sure there would be situations where a medium pacer of Paul's quality would be handy, in particular if the pitch is very dead.

Selectors are JOkers!!!

Munaf takes a 10 wkt haul and is not given a chance. I hope Munaf does not end up like Robin Singh, Sameer Dighe, and other talented players.

rahulk666 said:
Selectors are JOkers!!!

Munaf takes a 10 wkt haul and is not given a chance. I hope Munaf does not end up like Robin Singh, Sameer Dighe, and other talented players.
I think the selectors know their job to a certain extent. The decision was made before Munaf took a 10fer. I am sure he'll get a chance soon.

Machanperu Bala said:
Munaf looked absolutely lethal than VRV. Though VRV has the tendency to be quick, Munaf with his slight slinging action will be more effective. He did manage to get a few swing into the batsmen and quite a few to cut in quite sharply.

VRV has the tendency to take the ball away and that might prove to be a problem for the batsmen when he can do that at his quickest.

To me the ball of the day was the first ball from Munaf to Hoggy, the bouncer literally had the batsman stunned and I thought it brushed the glove (DInesh Kaarthick couldn't hold on to it) though the commentators said it was the grill.

Shib Paul was quite impressive and can be used in the ODIs to tie one end up. ala Ian Harvey, Scott Styris. Not test material though.

I would have picked Munaf instead of VRV any given day.

I wont mind either being picked. I feel VRV should be given the chance now and the decision made by the selectors was good... Set aside some stupid regional biases, VRV Singh is also talented. Of course, Munaf might be as much or better talented, but everyone doesnt get that opportunity immediately. They need the right time for it! Munaf has not hit that right time so far. He will, soon in near future!

jonah said:

Why is this team crumbling even before the test series starts? Vaughan is doubtful, Jones has a virus, Collingwood and Pietersen with back problems, and now Trescothick with personal reasons!

Well I think England still stand a good chance to fiercely compete, but the signs arent encouraging at all!

rahulk666 said:
Selectors are JOkers!!!

Munaf will be given the chance soon! If any of the bowlers selected dont make an impact, I am sure Munaf will be!

jan said:
engand team sucks it does not look to me that they won the ashes
It was a figment of your imagination. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that the players were really putting 100% in a tour game...

Not to mention injuries/Delhi Belly.

An urgent request

Sahara One, an Indian channel has bagged the rights for this India-England series of 3 tests and 7 ODI's

http://sify.com/sports/cricket/fullstory.php?id=14149318

The thing that concerns me is, Sahara One is available to the US residents through Dish Network! Does that mean that the US residents will be able to watch the series by subscribing to Sahara One? So far, there has been no notification of the India-England series on Dish Pay per view. So can we ascertain that we can watch this series just by subscribing to Sahara One which is available at the cheapest at $25 along with Sony TV?

Can some one please help me on this? I checked the Sahara One website and I dont find any telephone numbers that I can use to contact! I already have Dish Network installed at my home and I just need to call my Dish network guys and ask them to add Sahara One package to my subscription!

saisrini80 said:
An urgent request

Sahara One, an Indian channel has bagged the rights for this India-England series of 3 tests and 7 ODI's

The thing that concerns me is, Sahara One is available to the US residents through Dish Network! Does that mean that the US residents will be able to watch the series by subscribing to Sahara One? So far, there has been no notification of the India-England series on Dish Pay per view. So can we ascertain that we can watch this series just by subscribing to Sahara One which is available at the cheapest at $25 along with Sony TV?

Can some one please help me on this? I checked the Sahara One website and I dont find any telephone numbers that I can use to contact! I already have Dish Network installed at my home and I just need to call my Dish network guys and ask them to add Sahara One package to my subscription!

Are you sure. Cause I have Sahara Channel in my Dish. I have all Indian channel. If they showing in US then that would be cool though. Gotta check out though.

saisrini80 said:
An urgent request

I have Sahara as well. I hope someone can tell us...or maybe we should just wait and see.

vibs89 said:
Are you sure. Cause I have Sahara Channel in my Dish. I have all Indian channel. If they showing in US then that would be cool though. Gotta check out though.

Yes, I am 100% sure. Sahara One has got the telecast rights for the series.

prarara said:
I have Sahara as well. I hope someone can tell us...or maybe we should just wait and see.

I have just subscribed for the Sahara-Sony package for $25. I hope the matches are shown on Sahara. It would be terrific!

vibs89 said:
Also it's mention in cricinfo here is the article http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/238716.html

See Sahara channel is coming directly from India. They don't show American ads. When the breaks come they Indian ads not like Sony Set TV. Cause Sahara is coming directly from India. Same goes to Headline News, Aaj Tak, and Sahara Samay. So they might show in U.S.

See thats not the case. What they might do is start a seperate sports channel and telecast it on that new channel. Since Dish network offers cricket on pay per view, if Sahara also show the series, Dish will incur losses on their pay per view cricket! So i dont think that would be viable for them.

Anyways, Dish has not announced India-England on pay per view. So I hope Sahara One offers this series! I would be elated if it happens!

gambino said:
too bad sahara isnt launching in the uk till later this year!!

any place on the net we can see it?

Legally - Willow.tv

prarara said:

One more curiosity arises, how are Sahara One's programmes beamed here in the US?

I have a South Indian channel. Even though they are beamed directly from India, they organize it so that the programming that you see in India at 8pm on 25th, you see the same programming at 9pm in the US on the 25th. Which means they first telecast the programme in India and then telecast it 8-9 hrs later in the US so that the times get in sync.

If the same method is followed by Sahara One, the US citizens wont watch the matches live! Because in India, the matches start at 9:30am IST on March 1st and so the matches will come to the US viewers only by 10:30am IST on March 1st. By that time, we would have seen the scores of the whole day's play on Cricinfo!

I hope they think abt the US viewers and make it live for the US viewers also!

saisrini80 said:
Legally - Willow.tv

One more curiosity arises, how are Sahara One's programmes beamed here in the US?

I have a South Indian channel. Even though they are beamed directly from India, they organize it so that the programming that you see in India at 8pm on 25th, you see the same programming at 9pm in the US on the 25th. Which means they first telecast the programme in India and then telecast it 8-9 hrs later in the US so that the times get in sync.

If the same method is followed by Sahara One, the US citizens wont watch the matches live! Because in India, the matches start at 9:30am IST on March 1st and so the matches will come to the US viewers only by 10:30am IST on March 1st. By that time, we would have seen the scores of the whole day's play on Cricinfo!

I hope they think abt the US viewers and make it live for the US viewers also!

Not it isn't like that same thing happen Sony which they had showed Live matches same time in India as followed over here. Same goes to Zee TV. So you don't need to worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread