Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
hondeyho said:
Sorry forgot about that - but he doesn't have that much experience either :(
I wouldn't say that. It was with the touring England A side that KP started to make waves with his exploits against the Indian teams in the Duleep Trophy 3 seasons ago. He should be pretty used to these conditions.

But in experience of playing first team test cricket he hasn't got much. He hasn't played against any of these Indian players before in these conditions.

KP facing Pathan and Co. isn't very much when you compare to McGrath and Co. He faced Shane Warne, here he has to face the spin twins (which can be difficult). He should be used to the conditions as he has played in India before.

Bell will be the man we have to watch for, he has played spin quite well against Pakistan, though not comparable to India, he should be among some runs right from the first test.
India has fewer problems, they are set to give Sreesanth or VRV a debut, with spin twins and Pathan making up the bowling attack. We might find Raina in the team as well, so lot of youngsters apart from the batting trio of Sachin, Laxman and Dravid in the middle order.

MUFC1987 said:
What rumours have you heard? Are they Father in law related?
Actually, they seem to have something to do with his wife. When asked if he and his wife were living together, where his wife was, and if he and his wife were having problems, the tour spokesperson replied with the fact that they aren't at liberty to comment...

barmyarmy said:
No Vaughan, Trescothick, Pietersen, Jones, Giles

I suspect we're going to accused of making excuses anyway... :rolleyes:

Miracles happen barmy!

Though I dont want a miraculous England victory to happen, cant rule out that possibility!

aditya123 said:
This will be a bigger test for England than the Ashes series .

Even with a fully fit England squad, beating India in India is as close to an Ashes series! Well I hope England produce a good contest!

Anyone seen Nassers piece on skysports.com?

Good read, and like he says all the pressure is on India, How many would expect us to win?

Getting an earlier night tonight to be up at 4am on Wednesday.

Anderson would be behind Plunkett, Jimmy has improved, less wayward. Let's just hope if he does play he can represent his introduction into cricket.

hmm

Although im gutted bout Jones i was unsure that he would play anyway.

We would probably and now will go fro two spinners. Blackwell and Panesar, and have three seamers. Harmison,Flintoff and Hoggard/Plunkett.

Poor England. All these injurues.

I think that you are entitled to make excuses. I always do when we only have half our 'A' team fielded.

Pietersens new haircut sucks. Just had to add that.

Hopefully England wins the toss and bats first to make something out of this match.

According to the curator, it is going to be an "even" pitch, give pace, spin and batsmen the chance. But it could well be like any other sub-continental pitch, offering assistance to pace/swing in the first session of the test and then dying out.

Spinners can expect a feast (hopefully) and batsmen can fancy their chances.

Does anyone know on who won the rights for the US for this India-England series? Has the announcement been made? Its Monday today and it should be Tuesday in India where Nimbus is located!

I feel sorry for Simon Jones. He has the talent and ability to be the best bowler in the world, if only he can somehow get rid of his injuries.

cricket_lover said:
According to the curator, it is going to be an "even" pitch, give pace, spin and batsmen the chance. But it could well be like any other sub-continental pitch, offering assistance to pace/swing in the first session of the test and then dying out.

Spinners can expect a feast (hopefully) and batsmen can fancy their chances.

I remember he also said it will turn as quickly as from Day 3.

Somehow I feel Piyush should be given the opportunity early! We can have one batsman less and go in with 2 seamers and 3 spinners. We need to attack at all costs. Already England have lost their key players for the first test. If we beat them comprehensively in the first test, even if some of the key players return, it would be mentally almost impossible for them to beat us in the next two matches!

Saw a recent article today! A fast bowler called Abid Nabi who is the first Kashmiri to play cricket, it seems. He seems to be promising aspect.. It is what the Indian team is searching for - a genuine pace prospect. It seems he played in the warm up for the Cricket Club of Mumbai against England... Here is the article on him

http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/27cspec.htm

Fastest - 147kmph

Wants to touch the 100mph barrier! And more importantly, he has bowled really well in the domestic season for Jammu and Kashmir! We need such bowlers. Wont be too long before he hits the headlines as a future prospect!

Btw, he looks like some Pakistani bowler. Dont remember the name though! After all, he is from Kashmir!

There's another guy from India called Munees Ansari thats also supposed to be really quick (140 +). It shows that such guys were always around, India just didn't want to pick them.

m_vaughan said:
I feel sorry for Simon Jones. He has the talent and ability to be the best bowler in the world, if only he can somehow get rid of his injuries.

He missed the Pakistan tour and there is a chance he could miss the whole India tour if his injury is serious enough. He is a brilliant bowler and he showed that in the Ashes. Unfortunatly that's all we can judge him by at the moment because he hasn't played for England since :(

Users who are viewing this thread