• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
aditya123 said:
does that mean that we will have to hear the likes of Bob Willis, Paul Allot and Co this series !

For your sakes I hope Bob Willis isn't on the team! Boring and talks crap most of the time, doesn't get worse than him!

Looking at the scorecard I noticed Plunkett only bowled 2 overs, is he injured or something?

m_vaughan said:
The Sky deal will only apply in the UK and Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland is part of the UK, but I'll let you off and assume you meant to say UK and Republic of Ireland, which is the case for the Sky rights.

USA said:
Does anyone know what the sky deal does to broadcast rights for the USA. Is it going to be on Dish Network or Directv?

The USA, Canada, Caribbean, UK and the Middle East have TV deals signed with Nimbus but they havent been annouced yet. In India its on DD National, Tamil and Telugu channels and will also be on a satellite channel, perhaps Zee.

stevie said:
Looking at the scorecard I noticed Plunkett only bowled 2 overs, is he injured or something?
Yeah, bruised heel evidently.

stevie said:
For your sakes I hope Bob Willis isn't on the team! Boring and talks crap most of the time, doesn't get worse than him!

Bruised Heel.

Nice to see Harmy in a bit of rhythm.

So if we play 2 spinners (Blackwell and Monty for me)

Which seemer would be dropped?

Between Hoggy and Jones.

Jones might not be 100% anyway.

Cheers chaps.

If the conditions aren't helpful then I feel Jones should get the spot. Hoggard could become abit of a trundler out there, whereas Jones has the ability to make things happen. Also, if there's any reverse swing about, he'll find it.

Ok, will some one clear this up with me. Will Sky show ALL of India's home matches in the next four years? If they do, then they'd have gained one more customer.

Adarsh said:
Ok, will some one clear this up with me. Will Sky show ALL of India's home matches in the next four years? If they do, then they'd have gained one more customer.
From the details of the deal that I've read they will be, along with some Indian domestic cricket too.

From Skys website - http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,123-1213295,00.html

"Sky Sports has won the rights to cover England's tour of India - live and exclusive - starting with the First Test from Nagpur next Wednesday, March 1.

It is the first series in a four-year agreement which includes England's next series against India in 2009, plus India's series against Australia (2007, 2008 & 2009), against Pakistan (2007), Sri Lanka (2009) and South Africa (2010)."

I'm glad that the television rights have finally been sorted out, and the deal looks to be excellent for cricket fans here.
I haven't got to go to school next Thursday so I can watch day two of the first test!

SkateBoarder said:
I'm glad that the television rights have finally been sorted out, and the deal looks to be excellent for cricket fans here.
I haven't got to go to school next Thursday so I can watch day two of the first test!
sorted out for good !
I`ll not be able to catch the action though . Hopefully will be able to watch the last 2 days.
Also, Iam planning to attend the Mumbai test .

Munaf Patel looks good . He is around 140-145 and swing it.
VRV, I heard on Sportscenter that bowled around 145kph with an avg speed of 140 .
That is pretty decent.

bharat said:
England are 10/1

Munaf Patel bowled the fastest ball of the match(as told by L.Sivaramakrishnan) -140.8 Kmph. Munaf really impressed my .4 out of his 5 wickets were bolds.
Many people in the India vs Pakistan thread were mocking that India can't produce fast bowlers.
I think we's readying a reply to that.

Munaf is turning out to be mighty impressive! If Board President XI can score 342 on this wicket, then it should be easier for England to score now. Lets see Munaf's performance tomorrow. But so far he has been mighty impressive!

Dont say "I wont read too much into England's performance". They know this is a stronger side and they know its a more important warm up game than the one they had against the CCI XI. They ought to take it seriously. Even though they have injury concerns, the XI players playing ought to take it seriously. I believe even with injury concerns, the current XI playing England players are of international standards and certainly better than the BP XI.

So I will credit the BP XI for putting up a fine show! Except for brief passages,they have dominated England right through! I hope Munaf destroys England's batting tomorrow and give them the worst possible preparation ahead of the first test against India!

m_vaughan said:
India havent had a quality fast bowler for a while now. It'll be interesting to see whether these bowlers (Patel and Singh) have what it takes to succeed in the top level.

I think these guys have it in them to succeed at the top level. Hope they are given enough opportunities to prove that! We need either of them for the World Cup!

m_vaughan said:
Yes as a part of the deal, Sky will send their commentry team to India. Should add a lot more spice to the mix since Nimbus dont really have anyone.

Congragulations to all Sky Sports viewers! You guys will be able to watch the series now.

How sad is this? I live in the US unfortunately and the prices here for this series is terribly high. I have to live with it. Its not like you get to subscribe for a channel and you get cricket with it. Its all pay per view and its really expensive!

rahulk666 said:
Munaf Patel has been bowling wel right through the domestic season and also in the current match going on. He should be given a chance in the England test series. The selectors have to strike the iron when its hot.

Prime example of this is Irfan pathan. He was not selected for AUstralia tour but got in due to Zaheer's fitness problems. If Zaheer would have not gotten injured, Pathan may not have gotten a chance to play and impress. Munaf is riding a crest now and putting him in international scene now will boost his confidence no end. I hope the selectors give Munaf a chance in current test series.

I think they might look at him for the second test! He has some wood over the England batting and with Mohali expected to provide assistance to the faster bowlers, I think the selectors might look at Munaf!

Ste said:
The USA, Canada, Caribbean, UK and the Middle East have TV deals signed with Nimbus but they havent been annouced yet. In India its on DD National, Tamil and Telugu channels and will also be on a satellite channel, perhaps Zee.

Most probably its going to be on Dish for the US!

And again they will be having it really expensive!

stevie said:
Cheers chaps.

If the conditions aren't helpful then I feel Jones should get the spot. Hoggard could become abit of a trundler out there, whereas Jones has the ability to make things happen. Also, if there's any reverse swing about, he'll find it.

It is said to be a dry brown wicket! So chances of getting reverse swing is good because the ball loses its shine soon! Since Jones is very good at reverse swing, I think you guys might take him in!

Ste said:
From Skys website - http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,123-1213295,00.html

"Sky Sports has won the rights to cover England's tour of India - live and exclusive - starting with the First Test from Nagpur next Wednesday, March 1.

It is the first series in a four-year agreement which includes England's next series against India in 2009, plus India's series against Australia (2007, 2008 & 2009), against Pakistan (2007), Sri Lanka (2009) and South Africa (2010)."

Why do we have one against Pakistan in 2007? Didnt the boards agree to play once in two years - home and away?

We're playing Australia every single year starting 2007? Wow... Thats going to be gr8.....

Ok if you guys dont agree then simply answer me.

DOnt Munaf,Bahutule,Mazumdar,Trivedi,Rakesh Patel deserve a place in any of the challenger tournaments team ??????

Also about my affinity for Mumbai , I am stating the obvious.The most consistent team for 5 years (they have been reaching atleast the semis unlike UP who have done well just this year) always has just 2(at best 3) players in the Indian squad including the great Tendulkar.

Infact Tendulkar himself acknowldged Mazumdar when the latter wasnt even selected for his zonal side.

Munaf not picked :The prime reason is the guy had a truce with the Gujrat cricket association while moving to the Mumbai Ranji team.Now guys like Niranjan SHah and More are making him pay for that.Why for the future ???? Same thing was meted out to Salvi who was really good at that time and see him now.

Kaif is selected for his impressive knock against Australia 2 years ago and Raina is a unknown commodity even for Team India.

India wont play two leggies for sure and the only struggling spinner for India is an offiee so is it not a ploy to save Harbhajan's carrear and ruin Powar's ??????

Chawla has not done anything special yet,performances in Challenger finals wasnt that good as it is made out to be (look at Kartik's or Mongia's bowling in the same match)Pitch was good for spinners and so was the u-19 WC final pitch.Also please comparing him to Pathan (u-19 relation).

Users who are viewing this thread