Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Agarkar will stay in the ODI squad, simply because he is more of a 'complete' player - Decent, tight bowler, handy batter, good fielder, experienced.
But I feel too that his time in tests are up. But he will stay an assest for India in ODIs uptil -and maybe after- 2007.

gaurav_indian said:
No rain only heat.
Dry heat to make matters worse.
England would need to take in a lot of fluids to avid any more casualties.

I expect Strauss to make a big one tomorrow.
I also expect this series to be a lot better than th Indo-Pak test series.
The injuries have brought down the pre-match hype though.

USA said:
To all of you guys living in the US:

I just got off with Dish Network. It's going to be on pay-per-view. $170 for the whole series and $130 for the ODI's. It's available now to order.

It's not on Sahara one.

Yep its been officially announced now.

"MUMBAI: One big international territory has already been accounted for - Sky Sports in the UK. Now the US territory is taken as well. Nimbus Sport and EchoStar Satellite last night signed an agreement granting the American DTH telecast major exclusive broadcast rights of Indian cricket from March 2006 to March 2010.

The rights include television, radio and broadband for the territory of North America. Ten international cricket series and four domestic cricket seasons are included in the package starting with the India v England series that kicks off tomorrow. No financial details of the deal are available. "

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/feb/feb343.htm

Information about ordering it is on here and to watch it online it will be on Willow.tv. Any other sites advertising it will be illigal and not official guarenteed coverage. All mentions of other sites apart from willow.tv will be removed from this site.

its going to be a batsman's game barring the 1st session which provides the bowlers some hope.England will have to snatch this opportunity bcoz then everybody knows what's it like bowling in indian conditions to indian batsmen!

Ste said:
Yep its been officially announced now.

"MUMBAI: One big international territory has already been accounted for - Sky Sports in the UK. Now the US territory is taken as well. Nimbus Sport and EchoStar Satellite last night signed an agreement granting the American DTH telecast major exclusive broadcast rights of Indian cricket from March 2006 to March 2010.

The rights include television, radio and broadband for the territory of North America. Ten international cricket series and four domestic cricket seasons are included in the package starting with the India v England series that kicks off tomorrow. No financial details of the deal are available. "

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/feb/feb343.htm

Information about ordering it is on here and to watch it online it will be on Willow.tv. Any other sites advertising it will be illigal and not official guarenteed coverage. All mentions of other sites apart from willow.tv will be removed from this site.

Terribly bad luck! Damn!

I got to move out from here soon if I should not miss anymore exciting cricket games!

newzolt said:
its going to be a batsman's game barring the 1st session which provides the bowlers some hope.England will have to snatch this opportunity bcoz then everybody knows what's it like bowling in indian conditions to indian batsmen!

spinners will relish bowling from day 3 onwards....

india shuld win the toss and bat first.....

aditya123 said:
Dry heat to make matters worse.
England would need to take in a lot of fluids to avid any more casualties.

I expect Strauss to make a big one tomorrow.
I also expect this series to be a lot better than th Indo-Pak test series.
The injuries have brought down the pre-match hype though.

I expect this series to be lop sided in India's favor though I expect england to provide some fight in the Mohali test

USA said:
To all of you guys living in the US:

I just got off with Dish Network. It's going to be on pay-per-view. $170 for the whole series and $130 for the ODI's. It's available now to order.

It's not on Sahara one.

Who the hell is paying $170 for such cricket matches?

I think interest for cricket in the US is getting up! They need to reduce the costs. Its getting tougher for people here to watch cricket because of such high costs!

He will be back to captain England in May at Lord's against Sri Lanka.

$170 for watching cricket is way too much. I hope it will be an exciting start tomorrow. From Indian side there are three spinners expected to be in the team.

will Sachin shine in this series??????????????????
becos,
Every time he walks into bat he carries the hopes of a billion people who look to him as the sole provider of hope in a nation surrounded by gloom, despair and corruption and a nation so incredibly starved of heroes. Sachin is the darling of the masses not just in India but the world over.

hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! Sachin will hve a good series!!!!!!!!!!!

now this piece of information is really optimistic!
news:"England coach Duncan Fletcher challenged his young players to prove their mettle. "There are a few good opportunities for individuals, you never know what things can do to players," he said.

Despite the setbacks, Fletcher said morale was high. "Speak to the boys and they all want to beat India in India. We'd not beaten Australia for some time, but we managed to turn that around last summer. We believe we can do it here," he said."

I think it has been some time since England has beat India in a test series.. In 2002, India won the series in India and India drew the series in England (they came seriously close to winning it with the final Oval test but couldnt).

So England must be waiting to beat India as they havent done that for quite some time!!

surendar said:
will Sachin shine in this series??????????????????
becos,
Every time he walks into bat he carries the hopes of a billion people who look to him as the sole provider of hope in a nation surrounded by gloom, despair and corruption and a nation so incredibly starved of heroes. Sachin is the darling of the masses not just in India but the world over.

hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! Sachin will hve a good series!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel he will have a decent series with the bat! If he has a good one, then its always fantastic! But my minimum expectation is for him to have a decent series (score a few 50's with a hundred either at Nagpur or Mohali)...

ZexyZahid said:
$170 for watching cricket is way too much. I hope it will be an exciting start tomorrow. From Indian side there are three spinners expected to be in the team.

Definitely! $170 is way too much for watching a cricket series.

Anyways, planning to subscribe for the $10 audio commentary through Cricinfo! I just dont like to just follow the match through Cricinfo's live scorecard! Its boring!

can anyone pls login to dishnet website and paste the schedule here...i dont have a login to get the cricket schdule..i hope it is on one of the regular channels 410/471/472

Why isn't there a v-bookie item for the first test?
May be there can be one...for Kumble. When will he get his 500th wicket?

can you get the schedule from dishnet website for cricket and post it here pls..i dont have access to the login here in canada..

Cricinfo revamped their scorecard. :) I think I will go in for the Cricinfo audio deal, too. If enough people don't buy Willow.TV, they will understand that the price is too high.

Users who are viewing this thread