• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
cricket_lover said:
Why isn't there a v-bookie item for the first test?
May be there can be one...for Kumble. When will he get his 500th wicket?
I've started a vbookie for the 1st test

sohummisra said:
Cricinfo revamped their scorecard. :) I think I will go in for the Cricinfo audio deal, too. If enough people don't buy Willow.TV, they will understand that the price is too high.

Willow.tv is using the same price that Dish offers. People go for Dish even though the price is high and that makes them believe that the price is enough! I hope the scenario changes!

vhl71 said:
can anyone pls login to dishnet website and paste the schedule here...i dont have a login to get the cricket schdule..i hope it is on one of the regular channels 410/471/472

The price is $169.95 and also available on willow.tv

Echostar Dish Network channels 457 & 471

All test games are 11:30pm-6:30am et/8:30pm-3:30am pt
ODI games 1 & 2 are 10:30pm-6:15am et/7:30pm-3:15am pt
ODI games 3-7 are 11:30pm-7:15am et/8:30pm-4:15am pt
All Replays are 1:00pm et/10:00am pt

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Willow.tv is using the same price that Dish offers. People go for Dish even though the price is high and that makes them believe that the price is enough! I hope the scenario changes!

I really hope that Bush gets the american public interested in Cricket...if not for anything than for the sake of my wallet...

saisrini80 said:
Anyways, planning to subscribe for the $10 audio commentary through Cricinfo! I just dont like to just follow the match through Cricinfo's live scorecard! Its boring!
I've had the experience and believe me the commentators will kill you making you laugh so much.

england won the toss and elected to bat first

England team:
AJ Strauss, AN Cook, IR Bell, KP Pietersen, PD Collingwood,
*A Flintoff, +GO Jones, ID Blackwell, MJ Hoggard, MS Panesar,
SJ Harmison.

India team:
W Jaffer, V Sehwag, *R Dravid, SR Tendulkar, VVS Laxman,
+MS Dhoni, M Kaif, IK Pathan, A Kumble, Harbhajan Singh,
S Sreesanth.

Interesting choice, they've gone with Kaif. Something i predicted before.
England have gone into the match with two spinners and three pace attack, again expected.

Lets see if the pitch can offer assistance to pace early on. All eyes on Kumble though, just 6 wickets short of 500.

Well a solid start for England, with Cook looking to attack the bowling immediately. Harbahjan Singh has just been brought on in the tenth over, India resorting to their best options early on to grind down the English openers.

Well, tough luck that India lost the toss.. But England have a better chance of being competitive by batting first and having India bat last on this wicket!

Great start for England! Nothing there for the Indian fast bowlers from the wicket. Harbhajan got some turn but currently being negotiated well by the opening pair!

Fortunately, Day 1 of this test being shown for free by Dish Network. Enjoying it till it lasts!

Strauss now dismissed for 28. A confident start but hopefully England don't suffer from too many setbacks early on. Bell seems well accustomed to the sub-continent conditions as opposed to alot of touring players, and has even said how he likes to bat in those sort of environments and on their pitches. But as anyone would, he'll have to fight hard in order to establish himself at the crease and push England ahead. And as a question for anyone who may know, does ******* streaming affect the download cap of the broadband connection, as I have a very limited one and it renews at the start of the month, which is obviously today.

Last edited:
Good bowling from Sreesanth. What a catch by Laxman!! I think that stuck in his hands... He was really lucky. But still you need anticipation for taking such catches! Great one!

Harbhajan having the wood over both Cook and Bell. I thought that doosra to Bell which he missed should have been given in India's favor as I felt it was heading middle and leg.

Edit : Great comeback for India! Ian Bell gone for 9 caught brilliantly by Dravid at slip! England 81/2

India back into the game!

Two great catches by the Indians today! Wow....

Last edited:
James219 said:
And as a question for anyone who may know, does ******** streaming affect the download cap of the broadband connection, as I have a very limited one and it renews at the start of the month, which is obviously today.
Any transfer of data is included in the cap (if you have a cap per volume, for example X GB). Sometimes, data uploaded is also included in the cap. Usually, though, it is only for data downloaded. Cricket streaming is at around 330 Kbps which is equal to approximately 41.25 KB/s. That means that in 1 hour of watching live streaming, you will have used up around 145 MB. I don't know how much your cap is, but unless I've dropped a zero somewhere here or there, I think that is a correct analysis.

Seems like the opening bowlers got tonked around a bit. A good, solid start from England. If they can get about 400 on the board in the first innings, they have a good opening bowling attack to put pressure on the Indians, I feel.

England still on top and Cook as I thought he would is looking great. He should be the opener from now on as he is that good. Pietersen also in and if he gets set look out!

aussie1st said:
England still on top and Cook as I thought he would is looking great. He should be the opener from now on as he is that good. Pietersen also in and if he gets set look out!

Cant agree with this at all! England might have looked on top in the first hour or so but after that first wicket fell, they looked in trouble missing, prodding and being in doubt at some deliveries by Harbhajan and Kumble. The second wicket was a result of that fickle mindset of the England batsmen against Harbhajan and Kumble. The ball didnt turn much at all and Bell was tentative and edged it to Dravid who did brilliantly to hold on to it

Harbhajan and Kumble are really important! Its more important for Dravid not to bowl them continuously. Dravid needs to be intelligent and rotate them well so that they bowl at a good peak! I think they are going to be our main weapons in this series!

Since England have guys like Pietersen and Flintoff coming up, its level for both teams after the first session. But what a session to start with for the series. Since England won the toss, its a really interesting start! But I wont mind if India dominate many sessions in a lop sided fashioN! :D

P.s: A good commentary team for this series. Looks like no Arun Lal and Michael Holding who were the laughing weak links during the Pakistan tour! Sivaramakrishnan remains & thats good. Dino too remains and thats fantastic. Srinath is a sensible guy and speaks what he feels, Atherton was ok, Hussain was good and lively... David Gower during the lunch session was also good. So more than decent team for covering this series!

Last edited:
Nice start so far by Alistar Cook in his first test. Doesn't have much footwork like what one of the commentators said though his placement has been superb so far. Done well so far to survive against Harbajan and Kumble considering he has never faced spin bowlers of this Kumble's and Harbajan's calibre. Two great catches as well by Laxman and Dravid. Good reactions and great reflexes by both. ATM i would say it is even with probably India just slightly infront. If Bell wasn't out than probably England would be on top.

Users who are viewing this thread