England in New Zealand

Ya I hearted hes going for X-ray...
Regarding to Bowling.First I am not agree with three seemers...Without swing Honestly Bowler like Hoggard was so ordinary..Without Extra bounce from Pitch Harmy was Not at his best..Still Sidebottom bowled well.seems to me he was unlucky on couple of occasions..
I think England have missed out.>they should have played with Panesar and Swann..Panesar not bowled much..But I saw he was more effective then Hoggards over-pitched deliveries which were ended as boundaries..
England need to bounce back..Hope panesar will change a situation little bit after Lunch..

Well we're not going to play two spinners. We just need the 3 seamers to fire, but the fact that the opening attack is too one dimensional, plus Harmison is struggling for form and rytham at the moment and England really don't need it.

But Why not two Spinners??On Pitch like this 2 spinners on day 5th can be handy!!What 3 seamer are doing at the moment??If you would have play with 2 seamer,you still have Colly for some Medium pace..
NZ knows pitch better than anyone else.And they have played with 2 spinners which shows that Pitch has nothing for fast bowler.
I'O brien had 4 wickets in Practice match but Still they have left him.And as England gonna bat 4th in the test match.On 5th day 2 spinners will be more than you need..
Anyway I can Understand its depend on Team Strategy..And every team has its own Strategy..i am agree with you..But I have seen 28 overs and I don't feel any logic with 3 seamers even they are in Form..Sidebottom has bowled in right areas but seems to me unlucky..

EDIT:At last luck has looks toward poor Sidebottom..
Fleming gone at the wrong time with wrong shot!!Cook was excellent in fielding..
And now NZ in trouble..Hope their middle order won't disappoint this time..
J How still rock solid....Near to his 50..

EDIT::Well as I told Colly bowls better than other regular seamer..He has got break through..And Now I don't remember when last time I have seen NZ middle order performing...

J How still rock solid on 62..

Last edited:
EDIT::Oh man you should have made that 8 runs...
Hats off the J How..Must needed innings he played..He was fantastic and not given a single chance..Great knock..

England have been at their best in fielding today(Except that Shah's throw)

EDIT:::Well Oram gone..5th down..Cook is busy man on the ground..So far 3 nice catches for him..At last Hoggard got something to write in the column of wickets..he should say thanks to Oram as that was most poor short of the day!!useless,needless whatever you say!!

Last edited:
O'Brien injured his toe before the game. I think we would have used 2 spinners anyway. Pitch is pretty dead.

We did alright. England did alright too. Cook's catch of Fleming was a beauty. Fleming would be annoyed he didn't get 4 for that, creamed it. Typical of his luck. McCullum also got out to a horrible ball, unlucky and he played really well, very exciting stuff. Bell's was there to hit, you're just gonna edge the odd one, not the best execution either. He got us off to a good start though.

Vettori can be an annoying batsman, England will want him out as well as Taylor, big partnership to break tomorrow morning. I think we did ourselves a good favor by winning the toss.

I'm glad Bell's wrist isn't broken, seems nasty. It's never nice to see people get badly injured on the cricket field.

I think McCullum's wicket made it England's day slightly, given the nature of the pitch. It was great to see How and Taylor front up. Exciting talents. Hopefully Taylor can go on and register a big one. How got done by a good ball, but deservedte hundred. Cricketisn't always fair though ;)

1) I hate Bob Willis commentary.

2) Where the hell is Broad?

I missed last ten overs.but that was well balanced game till 80 overs.England tried well with bowl,their ground fielding and catching has been superb.J How did favour for NZ.great knock by him.McCullum turned the game toward NZ at the end of the day.
@for Sid- 1-bob willis is not doing commentry for you and
2- Broad is too young for test.On this flat pitch he would have give 8runs per over.:p:D

Sad to see Ian Bell go off with a pretty bad hand injury, however, I think we should polish New Zealand off early tomorrow after dismissing the danger man McCullam near the end of the day.

Well Done England!

Pretty even day I'd say. New Zealand were too cautious (which is understandable) with the exception of McCullum and I think it cost them. I wish we had Tremlett instead of Harmison, I really do.

I just don't think we can have a frontline bowler going at 5 an over.

Bell got a shocking injury, looked nasty. Good day for England though, slightly in their favour. Sidebottom and Panesar did well and Cook took a great catch off of Fleming.

Can I remind people not to post running commentary on matches, posts will be deleted.

Did well considering we're crap and we lost the toss. Broad won't play, they aren't going to take his ODI performances into account, at least thats what it looks like given the fact Tremlett was played in the warm up although that could have just been to give him some game time.

OMG, is he back into the Sky commentary team ?

Bob Willis is usually the analyst with Charles Colville in the studio and he commentates of domestic matches here, but he rarely does tests. Still, he does make some good observations.

I loved Willis' comments on Collingwoods bowling "This, for a batsman is like what you do before a days play, when you don't want a strict net session, throwdowns. What Collingwood is bowling are like throwdowns for the batsman". Bet that'll please Colly if he hears it :p.

Did well considering we're crap and we lost the toss. Broad won't play, they aren't going to take his ODI performances into account, at least thats what it looks like given the fact Tremlett was played in the warm up although that could have just been to give him some game time.

Give it a rest, your attitude on England's performances is really starting to get on my nerves. We may not be the best side in the world, but a 3-0 win against New Zealand puts us back upto 2nd in the ICC Rankings, hardly the position of a "crap" side. The only positive things you have to say about anything concerning England are the performances of Stuart Broad, who lets be honest didn't exactly light the world up in the ODi series; 3 good performances mixed with 2 awful ones, hardly consistent, and we wouldn't want 3 good days and 2 crap ones from him in a test match. I know it's your nature to be a pessimistic troll, but cut the moaning down abit, you're starting to sound like Geoffrey Boycott ffs.

Come on Leicester Fox, are you someone from the English media who keeps on saying that England are rubbish even when we are on top. Come on man get behind your team through thick and thin and maybe we'll win more games with less pressure on them!

Users who are viewing this thread