England in New Zealand

NZ don't deserve to lose this game and England don't deserve to win. However,if we actually go for the target set then my opinion will change.

Sidey is a legend. He has been by far the most consistent and hard working bowler of the last year and he deserves this. Cook's catching is legendary!!

After Sidebottom got his hattrick, Paul Allot said...

"The match has been turned right on it's head by Sidebottom"

:)
That might make it onto my sig ;)

Typical really, I stayed up into the small hours listening to the commentary of, let's face it, a match that has been as dull as dishwater, I go to bed and Sidebottom bags a hat-trick.

Still don't see a result on the cards other than a draw, In fact I reckon New Zealand have more of a chance than England do, I just can't see England batting fast enough.

I can't see England winning, simply because if we start to get a head of steam whilst chasing, New Zealand will just defend the runs, rather than encouraging England by being attacking. Vettori is too negative a Captain to push a win out of this.

England fans were bitching about the pitch, now I bet that's shut them up. A perfect pitch is one which produces a result in the last session of the last day, and that might just happen. At least it has a chance to still. I think the whingers should apologize.

Apologise for stating the obvious? Just because there is now a chance of a result doesn't make it a good pitch. There's still nothing in it for the seamers and only the odd ball is turning. Whether England win or don't, it won't change my opinion. If being bored with seeing this type of pitch makes me a "whinger" in your book, then so be it.

Whilst having the radio commentary on as well, I think Boycott got it spot on with McCullum, he either had to open or stay at 7. Each time he's smashed bowlers, he's been up against the seamers at the top of the order. To ask someone who has been doing that for fun, to then go and knock around a spinner isn't easy, especially when the surface is this slow.

NZ don't deserve to lose this game and England don't deserve to win. However,if we actually go for the target set then my opinion will change.

Sidey is a legend. He has been by far the most consistent and hard working bowler of the last year and he deserves this. Cook's catching is legendary!!
why do you make legend such an easy status?

no way are they legends just cos they had some flash in the pan performances for what..5 miinutes??

No Doubts about pitch seems to me..Its still damn dead flat Pitch..
Match comes to this stage because of NZ unplanned acceleration..Still Flemiing,Mills,McCullum have played sloppy shots..Wicket of Oram would have taken on even cement pitch.You can't leave straight ball..I still don't think Pitch has turned to some degree..Spinners have been effective because of Slow nature of Pitch.Panesr has learned from Vetorri and Patel.And He bowled with more loop and slow pace..
We also have history of 2 draws in 2004 on same Pitch..
I still believe England gonna make it If they Don't try to be so Fancy..Anyway hope We'll get result..I don't want to weaken up whole saturday night to see Draw..:p

why do you make legend such an easy status?

no way are they legends just cos they had some flash in the pan performances for what..5 miinutes??

Kind of hard to take 29 wickets in 5 minutes.

It's just a saying...

Daniel Vettori out in 22 minutes of the day, the only problem England might have in wrapping up the innings. Martin should be a walk over.

Daniel Vettori out in 22 minutes of the day, the only problem England might have in wrapping up the innings. Martin should be a walk over.

Actually, he's walked off. ;)

300 to win with 80 over min remaining. Up the lads! We need a solid base, say 160-3 by tea, and then we can push on from there and just go for it.

So something courageous from Vettori..He declared..I never expected that..Well 80 overs 299 runs..

Well played by Vettori! He could have tried to let Patel get more runs but obviously they are going for the win now so England have to be careful. 300 to win off 80 overs doesn't sound too hard but if they bat aggressively too early then we could lose a lot of wickets which would put a lot of pressure on the tail. They need to bat carefully at the start and not lose wickets early on, then we could have a very exciting last session.

Wow..i don't think England can find better way to lose it...Neither they are trying to win nor they are playing safe to draw the Match...Still no spinner and Mills has destroyed England's top order.....Don't loose out trust Boys...

Mills 4-9 you legend! We're in the box seat now well and truly. Come on boys pick up the rest of them. I say get Collingwood, he'll be the hardest.

Great captaincy from Vettori to declare when he did.

Users who are viewing this thread