England in New Zealand

Haha, yesterday English players were jumping like they've already won. .and I woke up this morning how they r doing. .and what I saw was very funny 108/9, what a mess. Very poor display from what I feel is an Over-Rated team or thinks New Zealand is a weak team.
Congrats New Zealand.

Believe me, we do not over-rate this team.

Great performance. It's been a long time since we've beaten quality opposition. That'll feel good.

Still England can bounce back, on paper they have the stronger side and can still win and draw the series. Drawn series wouldn't surprise me.

I thought Vettori was exceptional with the ball, bat and as captain. Deserved man of the match. It's hard to fault him. All the bowlers chipped in throughout. Fleming was another senior player who stood up with good knocks and good slip catching. all 11 players, except probably Sinclair had a huge contribution. Bell didn't play a huge part, but he got us off to a safe start in the first innings and batted a long time.

England's positives really end at their catching and Sidebottom.

well New Zealand proved me wrong, i thought that they were going to lose the match after what they did yesterday but some useful runs from Vettori again they pulled of a great win.

Well play NZ..Total credit to J How who played wonderful on day 1..Martin,Mills,Patel and ya Great captaincy by Vettori..
I think NZ need to keep up..England ready to get beaten by 3-0..So they should have not miss the chance..

Congrats NZ. After suffering at hands of RSA they have really picked up the game. and England are going downhill after those 20-20 games. Now atleast English fans wont complain about 20-20.

I think the time has come to drop Harmison because clearly he can't get focused on cricket at the moment with his wife having a baby.
Also, this maybe controversial but Pietersen may also have to be dropped and bring in Shah. He has clearly lost his aggression in tests ever since Peter Moores has came in.
The only few positives from this game was Sidebottoms' bowling, Ambrose's performance wth tthe gloves and bat in the first inings and Bell proving once again that he is the most consistant batsman in the England team.

Pretty typical Hamilton pitch there, could see England were going to struggle on that pitch given how much trouble the Black Caps had in their 2nd inns.

A great memorable win for NZ. Gee Mills did well to get something out of that pitch. Feel for Sidebottom though 10 wickts in the match with a hat trick and still on the losing side. Hopefully they can get up for the Basin. Pietersen needs to fire and play his natural game and not the defensive game he was playing especially in the first innings.

I'm dissapointed in the coverage here in NZ tbh. They just have 4 commentators in crowe, doull. smith and richardson and really its so boring and annoying at times. Crowe is quite arrogant and not what you want to hear as a neutral. We only get to hear an englishman once a session. Nothing against the NZ commentators but really this is a marquee serious and i expected a better collaboration with Sky Uk. We just get to hear Bumble once a day!!! More bumble i say!!

Last edited:
Great performance. It's been a long time since we've beaten quality opposition. That'll feel good.

Still England can bounce back, on paper they have the stronger side and can still win and draw the series. Drawn series wouldn't surprise me.

I thought Vettori was exceptional with the ball, bat and as captain. Deserved man of the match. It's hard to fault him. All the bowlers chipped in throughout. Fleming was another senior player who stood up with good knocks and good slip catching. all 11 players, except probably Sinclair had a huge contribution. Bell didn't play a huge part, but he got us off to a safe start in the first innings and batted a long time.

England's positives really end at their catching and Sidebottom.

Still waiting :p, Pietersen needs to be more natural, Harmison needs to be dropped and the batsman need to be drilled into not giving away their wickets.

Very few positives but - Sidebottom just being fb. Monty in the second innings seemed to have watched and learned a little from Vettori and flight and pace. Ambrose good all round performance.

Harmy out, Broad In and I'd be very tempted to oust Strauss for Shah.

I said it a while ago on this thread, during the ODI series. Other teams lose too, but why do England look so pathetic in defeat ?! It brings a smile to my face whenever I see England lose, not because I'm a sadistic bugger, but because I go "Typical England!" every single time. They looked hapless when Ryder and McCullum were going after them, and they looked hapless on the last day again. They lose their morale very quickly.

Duncan Fletcher where are you? I'm not convinced Moores being in charge is doing us any favours as he seems to rely too much on the Captain to make the big decisions, which would explain the way we play ODI cricket completely different to Test cricket. Barring Sidebottom, Moores has done very little really, at least with Fletcher we had the ability to beat these average teams. We've even lost that now.

Users who are viewing this thread