England in New Zealand

Oh they are saying this is power Failure...Gosh!!!...Now Telecast came but without sound...I hope they will short out it before KP's 100..

Pietersen got his century with a four. He scored 102 runs of the so far 170 runs of England.

Southee's bowling incredibly well. Very good find for the Kiwi's.
His bowling in the u-19 WC was quite impressive. Every time he came on to bowl against a dominant India, the game shat itself; you could see a guy that would take 8 wickets if the captain could give him more than 10 overs. Good to see he's held that form.

Well KP has brought back England in some breathing condition..Thats the plus point when you play with Bowling all rounder like Broad,Hes batting well..

Still England is struggling with runs where out of 190 runs 113 has been made by KP alone..
Far more better for England then I thought after 4/3...Most of batsman have given their wicket away..
12 Overs to go for a day and hope two batsman won't try any Fancy..

If anybody knows enough about cricket, can anyone list debutant seamers who made dream starts like Southee has today. Got KP out in 20 20 and now his third wicket today.

Goodness gracious 2 3 4 batsmen belongs to the kid.

He should wrap the tail up tomorrow too. He deserves it.

I wasn't worried about his inclusion. He's a natural. I knew he'd do well. Big debut for him. Elliot looked pretty sound with the ball, the wicket was a bit of a gift. He's a batting all-rounder I believe, so that'll be the main test. Impressive thus far though. Patel was excellent.

Hats off for Pietersen's innings. Was outstanding. Everyone else aside from Broad, who is doing well and showing everyone how nice and flat the pitch is to bat on was abysmal.

This isn't Australia or SA, it's New Zealand for God's sake!
I think that's part of the problem. There is no doubt that England should be beating us, as we're in major rebuild phase after some firstly, horrible bunch of years in test cricket and lots of premature retirements. I think England are expected to win and the pressure is on them. You can't under-estimate a side either. Even with so many injuries. I remember back to Strauss's comments where he wasn't afraid of our attack without Bond. Well i'm glad he backed that up with solid performances with the bat along with his teammates. not.

Day obviously belongs to us. There's a lot of cricket left to go. Absolute belter, we have to look at scoring 450+ over the next few days once we get England out. Really put the pressure on.

Ya He was Brilliant today and he has bowled beautifully..
These are the bowlers who debuted in past 10 years and got 5 or more wickets on very first innings of their bowling career....Hope tomorrow Southee joint them..

Attachments

• sou.jpg
    sou.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 45
He should wrap the tail up tomorrow too. He deserves it.

I wasn't worried about his inclusion. He's a natural. I knew he'd do well. Big debut for him. Elliot looked pretty sound with the ball, the wicket was a bit of a gift. He's a batting all-rounder I believe, so that'll be the main test. Impressive thus far though. Patel was excellent.

Hats off for Pietersen's innings. Was outstanding. Everyone else aside from Broad, who is doing well and showing everyone how nice and flat the pitch is to bat on was abysmal.

I think that's part of the problem. There is no doubt that England should be beating us, as we're in major rebuild phase after some firstly, horrible bunch of years in test cricket and lots of premature retirements. I think England are expected to win and the pressure is on them. You can't under-estimate a side either. Even with so many injuries. I remember back to Strauss's comments where he wasn't afraid of our attack without Bond. Well i'm glad he backed that up with solid performances with the bat along with his teammates. not.

Day obviously belongs to us. There's a lot of cricket left to go. Absolute belter, we have to look at scoring 450+ over the next few days once we get England out. Really put the pressure on.

:clap England is also rebuilding in some ways. Their top order batting of Cook, Bell, K P are all 25 to 27-ish. Still young, and a lot of potential. They also are developing Broad.

REALLY early days, but Southee has the temperament from the interviews I've heard to be really good. He's got the toolset already. If his attitude towards the game is anything like Hadlee's meticulous preparation and study of his opponents, there is no reason why he can't be our next Hadlee when he gets to 27 to 30-ish.

looking at some of those bowlers that Vaibhav posted allot of them are nowhere to be seen at the moment or have become average bowlers.

Actually Dare Cheesy ask "If anybody knows enough about cricket, can anyone list debutant seamers who made dream starts like Southee has today."

So I listed all the player who performed best on debut..Infact I have found out that among them S Clark has got wicket number 2,3,4,5,8....

Good fightback by KP and Broad. A sort of okay 30 from Colly. Everyone else should be appalled. If these bowlers can get us to 300 it'll give themselves a chance.

Is it me or is Ian Bell going more and more into his shell?

I'm losing patience with him. No doubt we'll be told about how much of a talent he is.

I don't want 6 talented batsman at the top of the line up, I want 6 performing batsman at the top of the line up. I'd be happy to see one of the bigger names (along with Strauss) dropped for someone who will fight tooth and nail. Strauss is a liability, god knows what reason the selectors can use to play him at Lords in May.

Last edited:
Spot on,We don't need 6 starts at the top of line up but we need batsmans who performs..Now Check Sureshot What I've found out!!!
With KP's ton,Out of top 6 batsman First time someone scored 100 after the last test in WI..It was 1 year..
Means In between his time nobody has scored 100 from England's top 6..It came after 9 test Matches..weired..

I really hope to see some young blood..Cook as you have said talented but never looked like opener who can go for long..

looking at some of those bowlers that Vaibhav posted allot of them are nowhere to be seen at the moment or have become average bowlers.
Indeed, it's not the mark of a great bowler to take many wickets in their first match, nor is it the mark of a poor one to take few.

That's on assumption that your country has a lot of depth and talent coming through.

New Zealand bowling stocks are so damn lucky to have Hadlee. Now there's Southee. He won't get dropped, probably wont be great, but he won't get drop because we don't have any real depth, in fact it's razor thin.

What we do have in New Zealand is great support and coaches that can nurture whatever little talent we have. That's why New Zealand can foot it in internationals. Expect Southee (who does have talent) to become really good thanks to the structure in place to nurture talent here.

Non-western countries might have all the natural talent, but they don't have solid structure to nurture them, that's why that list is alarming to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Indian players.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread