England in New Zealand

Southee won't be a revelation... he'll fade away. But Cheese you do know wikipedia is not a valid source of reference, right? It is user-created content, thereby not reliable.

Anyway I am not so sure England's score is all that bad. Obviously getting bowled out for less than 300 (Unless a miracle happens) batting first is poor but New Zealand's line up is weak. They seem to struggle when they are favourites or are expected to perform (sounds really familiar...) which they are here. Plus they weakened their batting line up with the loss of Oram, though not considerably. I'd expect them to get a lead of about 50 but nothing more.

Strauss has been given a 2nd chance and hasn't really shown any improvement in form. For me he would get dropped after this match with possibly Shah given a chance.

That's exactley what i was thinking,strauss has had too many chances..

shah is the better batter and should be played in the 1st test at lords.

I'm not convinced this is the batting paradise everyone thought it was/thinks it is. Yes 244-8 is poor but there is swing in it and as always in Cricket good bowling will give you wickets, as Southee has proved.

Come on Sidebum! Flash that bat!

At 4/3 I expected to get up this morning and read we were all out for 100, like we were in the second innings in Hamilton, but although it is not enough, we still have about 250 on the board, which is something to bowl at. New Zealand might have got themselves some new bowlers but they are very weak in the batting and with this pitch as it is we could get them out for a similar score, learn how to bat and knock 350-400 and win the game still.

I dont think NZ will get anywhere near 400.

i wouldn't be suprised if england knocks 3-4 over very early

well we are 253-9.

NZ all out for 213

Lesson from the first innings - pitch it up and get your reward.
Cue England's bowlers trying to bounce NZ out and bowling far too short...

You could see him getting out LBW. Horrible leave. Shows his complete lack of confidence to the extent that he wants to leave as much as possible.

Can someone please remind me why im watching us get battered by a New Zealand? SA hammered them, we can't bowl for crap these days with the exception of Sidebottom and thanks to Anderson's wickets in the last game he's going to keep getting played.

NOW STRAUSS DROPS ONE. Knob, absolute knob does he actually do anything these days?

strauss gets a duck, then drops a dolly at 1st slip, anderson thinks hes west indian all of a suddan and is aiming for the batsmans head and englands top order has been pathetic, not excatly a good 2 days so far

Perhaps the worst session ive ever stayed up lateish to watch. At one point the run rate off the last 5 overs was 9.60.

Where's Hoggard? Oh hang on Anderson is playing instead of him...

Genius Moores... Genius.

Users who are viewing this thread