England in New Zealand

To be fair, he's not there to hold the innings together. The TOP 3 are supposed to be. Oh my god Fleming retiring... OH MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll die. England will win.

It's good to see Sidebottom having success.

Never seen an International have so many catches dropped off his bowling in a short period of time.

I thought this was a batting pitch. New Zealand are about to be bowled out for under 200 runs.

It is a batting pitch. I'm yet to see any demons. The ball is swinging just enough to always offer the bowler something. Nothing in te pitch. It's a belter. Both sides batting is just pathetic at the moment and the bowling outstanding.

I told you Southee struggle at International level with the bat. He should be at 10 for my money. He's there to bowl.

Typical collapse really. Though hats off to Sidebottom, he earned his wickets and is easily the best in the business at the moment. 12 overs in a row says something. To be quite brutally honest and i'm sure England fans will agree, Sidebottom has really been holding England together. Without him they'd have been doomed. I think our batsmen needed to kind of identify that and score off the others and just play cautiously against Sidebottom. Man of the series easily.

We need to at least equal England's score somehow. I'm seeing us lose this now unfortunately. I'll take the 1 test win we got from the series. I didn't expect any wins at all before hand, so really, it's an over-achievement. Sadly we've been in positions to dominate and haven't taken them or it could have been a quite amazing test win. I think there have been a few positives, with our bowling in particular. The search fr decent batters continues.

Without Fleming it could be a very one-sided series in England. That said all our predictions are routinely being ripped up by the fates so I'll back NZ to win the return 3-0!

Quite a few young bowlers rising through the ranks. Quite shocking how a usually batting pitch the same one a season ago where the Black Caps scored a heap of runs on where now they will be lucky to get 200. Would have thought some of the English batters would have scored more on this pitch.

Without Fleming it could be a very one-sided series in England. That said all our predictions are routinely being ripped up by the fates so I'll back NZ to win the return 3-0!

Probably will be. At least we won't have Sinclair and Bell.

Without Fleming quite frankly you just have to go with youth. Keep a couple of the mid to late 20's players you have and mix it with the good kids you have, presumably some from the U19s etc. Plan for the future and hope they pull together.

168ao is a shocking score on that wicket. A lead of 85 could be very handy if our batting is as poor as in the first innings (surely not possible?).

Opening wise, BJ Watling is young and promising, though hasn't done well in the 4 day version. G Worker was an under 19 player, but hasn't played a lot and probably isn't ready. T McIntosh currently is on 120+* for Auckland but he isn't exactly young and has a decent but not great record. Papps has been tried and didn't do so well. Cumming has an LBW issue but is probably the best guy we have.

I think we need to get Cumming back sadly, and work hard to fix his LBW problem before the tour. BJ Watling or McIntosh could go on tour also. Maybe we'd be better off taking youth.

For Sinclair and Fleming, G Todd, G Hay and J Marshall probably. Maybe Fulton. Ryder if he's fit.

I think the problem is, we lack players with good technique.

And suddenly England is great again. :laugh

This batting collapse will cost New Zealand the match.

What's happening on here? :laugh Vaughan is gone after scoring only a boundary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread