England in New Zealand

The wicket is a classic Test wicket. It has elements that encourage strokeplay, but the bounce and carry are rewarding good bowling in the face of uncommitted batting. Different teams might handle the conditions differently.

Ya Well said I think none of NZ batsman except How really have tried to stay at he Wicket...I think its because of some urgency to play the Stroke despite that Sidebottom was spot on...Some of bad shot selection also coasted in form of wicket tp Kiwiz..Specially McCullum..
Well KP have scored with good strike rate on first innings..He has reached for ball to drive so I think Pith is fair Enough..

just like to point out sidebottoms stats this series

121 - 31 - 327 - 23

econ - 2.69

ave - 14.21

I think we may know englands player of the series lol

No doubt about that..I think with that We have got our bowler in top test bowlers list..
D Styen
B Lee
I sharma
J Taylor (Should not be here)
R Sidebottom;)
:cheers

Last edited:
No doubt about that..I think with that We have got our bowler in top test bowlers list..
D Styen
B Lee
I sharma
J Taylor
R Sidebottom;)
:cheers

erm, i hope thats not your top 5 in order, and i wouldnt put sharma in the top 5 in any position TBH, and sidebottom is a better bowler than taylor

Interesting top 5...
There's no doubt that Sidebottom has done well recently but he needs to be tested against really top batmen before we can label him as one of the best in the world.

Interesting top 5...
There's no doubt that Sidebottom has done well recently but he needs to be tested against really top batmen before we can label him as one of the best in the world.

true, he has performed wonderfully against the Windies and new zealand, OK against india but poor (as well as the rest of the team) against sri lanka.

i think the series agains south africa this year is huge for him, and broad as well

Jerome Taylor?

What's he doing there?

Well because If you see top wicket takers in past 12 months,Taylor is there..
Not on top but I have listed only that players who have done their Debut lately..

Otherwise Harmy still has more wickets than Sidebottom in past 12 Months..
Sorry If you don't like Taylor there,You can remove him..:D

Bowlers who done their debut lately and are in most wicket takers list..

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32
Another interesting thing about him...
Out of his 48 wickets,He has got 38 times Openers or Batsman till number 6..
So he has taken more than 80% of his wickets of top order batsman..

He's 13th on that list with an average of 33.5. I don't see how that merits him entry into the top 5 bowlers list.

Then Sorry...Anyway Sidebottom looking nice at the Moment and thats what good from England's point of view...

I have Edited..Lol..

Last edited:
He's a decent bowler but one of the 5 best? I don't think so.

I didn't ask you to get rid of him. If he's your choice, then so be it. I just don't agree with it.

No I haven't changed my mind ;)

I'm still convinced it's a batting pitch. 90% of the dismissals have come from terrible shots. It's pretty painful to watch if you're a fan of batting, as Martin Crowe and co have pointed out. I'd agree with 350odd being a good score on the wicket. Maybe not batting paradise, but certainly a batsmans pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slow start this morning - encouraging really that they're not throwing their wickets away. Once the NZ bowlers start to tire on this deck runs will flow.

Users who are viewing this thread