England in New Zealand

Great catch by Taylor to dismiss KP, gone for 34. 226-3 (effectively) We're not even half way through the test yet. Just keep batting is what I say. Bat till the end of the day and it's game over for New Zealand.

Oh irottev. Now the sun is out I will say it's a batsman's pitch.

Strauss must get a hundred today.

Well I was just reading your message that England did good by preserving the wicket since morning and KP gone...
Anyway that was Beauty from Taylor..KP already has done his Job..England is pretty safe now..Though I'll hope they will give NZ target more than 400..
Strauss has reached his Fifty..I already started to search all the post regarding to Strauss.. :DIts time to answer them..;)

I think it suits Strauss to have the spinners on - he's more comfortable against them than seamers atm and will be quite happy to play against Vettori and Patel.
Great catch by Taylor to get KP btw. Would Fleming have got that?

Possibly not. It's a shame Fleming is sick though. Not a nice way to finish your test career. Maybe batting at 7 (presuming he's well enough to bat) will give him total freedom and he can belt it around a bit and get that 40 average.

I think this game is all-over-rover. This can go down as 'that test match we lost in 1 session.'

And Sureshot, glad you finally agree with me about it being a batters pitch. It must be for Strauss to get some runs on it right?

This is the Ian Bell we all know and love. The Ian Bell who plays exsquisite flicks and shots full of flair rather than the Ian Bell who gets 10 off 50 deliveries and finds a way to get himself out.

Mind you, it's easy doing this when we're in a position like this. Then again, when else would you do it?

Strauss has been given a 2nd chance and hasn't really shown any improvement in form. For me he would get dropped after this match with possibly Shah given a chance.

You're right. He's just not good enough for international level.

I think the problem is still revolved around the fact Strauss was picked for this tour in the first place. He didn't do much for Northern District in the (one-day and T20) games he played in, did he? He still has the technical flaws, and I think if anyone uses their nous they would get him out. Because as a captain Vettori has 3 areas to work on with Strauss. The big problem is still the fact that he didn't really do much to prove his worth to the team after he was dropped.

That's not nice is it. ;)
The time is up for Strauss now and time to bring in Owais Shah now. He just isn't the player he once was.

Well News for you all gentlemen..He has done it again..We have found our old Strauss again..
11 th one for Levi(Strauss)...His last ton was way long ago on 4h August 2006..

Anyway We all seems to happy as England have won this match and Series.:happy:happy
:cheers

I'm ecstatic for the man but I still think he misses playing with the Trescothick-like opener allowing him to work it around more as he's done in this innings.

Is this a good thing for the team? In this game yes, but in the longterm? No. Like i said with anderson last game he's put in one good performance which now means he'll get another run in the side for him to dig himself out of with 1 knock. Bring Denly or someone into the side we're a side thats starting to get into that transition phase, its happening with the WK and bowlers and soon some batsmen will follow. I say let him have his 100 and let him walk away with fond memories.

So Do we have better option???
Should Vaughn also walk away?? and If no they Why only Strauss??

Because Vaughan has been dismissed in this series at least 3 times by absolutely unplayable balls. Whereas all Strauss' dismissals up to this period have been purely his own doing. A sure fire sign that he is either technically or mentall incapable at this level. I'm pleased for him, and it's been a very gutsy hundred, but by no means has it been the Andrew Strauss of old. He couldn't look further away from the fluent, graceful player he once was.

:crying..
My heart still saying Strauss can go for Long..:(
Just little bit more runs and We'll get our old Strauss back..:D
If you still have better prospects than Strauss then its different matter..

I'd keep him in and drop Anderson when Flintoff returns but he has some technical flaws he needs to sort out before he can expect to score big runs against quality attacks rather than grind out a 100 on a flat track against a relatively poor attack.

I'm still convinced it's a batting pitch. 90% of the dismissals have come from terrible shots. It's pretty painful to watch if you're a fan of batting, as Martin Crowe and co have pointed out. I'd agree with 350odd being a good score on the wicket. Maybe not batting paradise, but certainly a batsmans pitch.
I suppose you've been vindicated by today's proceedings. I think what we saw earlier was not a bowler's wicket, not a batsman's wicket, but simply a fair and proper Test wicket, instead of something slow and flat. At its best the surface has zipped off a good length and there has been plenty of swing. The batting was bad, but more specifically, unaccountable. Batsmen who realised they didn't need to swing at every ball made more runs and at a sound rate.

I rather would like to appreciate him despite of Flat pitch and poor attack its never easy to score when you are under the great pressure of come back..
Well At least I can say Strauss is mentally strong Enough otherwise he would have never play innings like this..
Its our vision..We think Vaughn gets out because they were all Unplayable deliveries..And Strauss got out because He has lost his technique..Not acceptable..

Users who are viewing this thread