England in New Zealand

Yeh but he chose Tremlett over Broad! Tremlett is good and reliable but Broad could turn out to be one of our best ever bowlers. Admittedly I don't like Tremlett because he bowls about 3 balls on the stumps per innings

I didn't like Donald, he got in on reputation, which is all very good but Cooley hardly had much of a reputation and most would agree he's the best. I'd have Nasser in there too, we need a bit of passion.

Sir Ian should be in a coaching role with that England team! He'd introduce a bit of passion, a bit of much needed 'beef' into the England team! It's a shame though, since the Ashes, we've lost Simon Jones, Harmison (come on, he's hardly the same), Trescothick and no Freddy at the moment, either! Even when Jones comes back, who can tell how he'll be?

Sir Ian should be in a coaching role with that England team! He'd introduce a bit of passion, a bit of much needed 'beef' into the England team! It's a shame though, since the Ashes, we've lost Simon Jones, Harmison (come on, he's hardly the same), Trescothick and no Freddy at the moment, either! Even when Jones comes back, who can tell how he'll be?

I'd change that when to a very big if. We need to stop looking in the past, we have to play with what we have now and stop hoping that the likes of Trescothick, Flintoff and Jones return.

Passion isn't going to change anything. As for letting Beefy near the team? Well I don't need to explain the problems with that.

Aye, I agree. There are very few former players that are actually good coaches and provide good insight into the game. I don't see why people always assume that test experience makes you a good coach. It really doesn't. John Buchannon never played a test. Troy Cooley played a handful of first class games, I could go on.

Well NZ have announced Unchanged team for 2nd test where Peter Moores, the England coach, has said a change in the team is likely for the second Test in Wellington..
Well I don't think these team change things gonna work until they don't start to perform by their standards..Only Braod with Harmy is needful change..

Passion isn't going to change anything. As for letting Beefy near the team? Well I don't need to explain the problems with that.

Well someone shouting at them might make them feel annoyed for at least 5 minutes of ther happy go lucky,couldn't give a toss overpaid careers.

I think I'd rather see Charlie Shreck turning up to play rather than Stuart Broad.

To be fair, England's probably one of the best places in the world to bowl for seamers. Most of your bowlers should have averages below 25.

Stuart Broad will definately not be one of the greatest bowlers ever as there is nothing really amazing about him. He takes wickets but there is nothing really threatening about him or nothing really special like Ishant Sharma or Mohammad Asif. He'll be a regular in the side for the next several years like Ian Bell, Monty Panesar & Kevin Pietersen. Albeit, Pietersen is England's world class player.

I hope to see Pietersen back at his very best so he can show New Zealand how good they really are and see that they aren't in the same class as England as a Test playing nation and shut that chubby Ian Smith up. The only decent New Zealand commentator is Danny Morrison.

I hope to see Pietersen back at his very best so he can show New Zealand how good they really are and see that they aren't in the same class as England as a Test playing nation and shut that chubby Ian Smith up. The only decent New Zealand commentator is Danny Morrison.

Agree with the KP statements. He hasn't been himself since he's been here. As for Ian Smith, shut him up? Have you listened to your own Channel 9 commentators lately? The Ian Healy, Mark Taylor, and the English? Good god you know the rest of the world can't stand their Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi Banter. When they open their mouths its like the opposition is invisible.

I don't get why our commentators are so hated. They're hilarious. I guess they only really appeal to Kiwi fans.

I agree with the comments above. Smithy is a great commentator, totally unbiased.

Well Broad and Anderson likely to play in 2d test...I think Harmy is under great threat.I am still not sure this changes gonna help or not..
I watched interview of I Bell on eve of 2 nd test..By his opinion England will fight bck strongly..Hope so..i am waiting for that from long time..

To be fair, England's probably one of the best places in the world to bowl for seamers. Most of your bowlers should have averages below 25.

Stuart Broad will definately not be one of the greatest bowlers ever as there is nothing really amazing about him. He takes wickets but there is nothing really threatening about him or nothing really special like Ishant Sharma or Mohammad Asif. He'll be a regular in the side for the next several years like Ian Bell, Monty Panesar & Kevin Pietersen. Albeit, Pietersen is England's world class player.

Wicket taking isn't a special ability?

It is of course..For example Ajit Agarkar has played 7 years for India despite of his Economy rate of 5.20 because he has taken wickets regularly..

If harmy would had take 2 wickets in 2nd innings then Stats would 6-0-24-2...
and It won't be so bad as it looks like now 6-0-24-0...
If you have Wicket taking ability then no doubt how you bowling or threatening batsman..

I don't get why our commentators are so hated. They're hilarious. I guess they only really appeal to Kiwi fans.

I agree with the comments above. Smithy is a great commentator, totally unbiased.

Smith is among best. Danny Morrison makes good points also. But I like energetic commentators like Deano or Slats.

Vettori had 1 wicket in the second innings but you don't call him a bad bowler.

I think bowling tightly and on the right lines all the time is more important than trying to bowl deliveries that while can take wickets, cost runs. I think Harmison should stick with a consistent line and length. McGrath didn't stray from line and length late in his career, and Harmison might be at that stage now --> ie no longer express, but can still rely on line and length.

Users who are viewing this thread