England in New Zealand

I'd go for your second combination, cheese. Patel is a crafty spinner and would no doubt cause our batsman problems.

3rd test starts tomorrow night for us Brits/Europeans.

Ya tomorrow Night Sir (Europe)...As I have some Soft corner for Hoggy..I'll say Hoggard should be back in the team for last test..
It'll be good Combination with
Anderson+Sidebottom and Hoggard+Broad...Colly can do remaining Job...

Panesar well not a Bad bowler but he was not bowling according to Condition..He should have look at Vettori...Need to Give some more Flight..
Anyway Matter different here,as England Can't play spin that good But I advice to go without panesar..

OH DEAR.....

"Oram ruled out of decider

Mar 21, 2008
Michael Burgess

Star all-rounder Jacob Oram was ruled out of the third test against England on Friday due to a niggly hip injury.

South African-born Grant Elliot will make his debut for the Black Caps in the match which begins on Saturday.

Hamilton hero

It looks a major blow for the Daniel Vettori-led squad, who have seen their seam attack devastated by the enforced absence of Shane Bond and Thursday's withdrawl of Hamilton hero Kylie Mills.

The 29-year-old Oram has been injury-prone in recent seasons - completing only 25 tests in seven seasons - and the New Zealand side will struggle without his powerful batting and capable bowling.

England must now fancy their chances of a series win, which would see them achieve the rare feat of overcoming a 1-0 deficit in a three-match series and away from home at that. "

England, you have won. Congratulations. See you at Lords.

OH DEAR.....

"Oram ruled out of decider

Mar 21, 2008
Michael Burgess

Star all-rounder Jacob Oram was ruled out of the third test against England on Friday due to a niggly hip injury.

South African-born Grant Elliot will make his debut for the Black Caps in the match which begins on Saturday.

Hamilton hero

It looks a major blow for the Daniel Vettori-led squad, who have seen their seam attack devastated by the enforced absence of Shane Bond and Thursday's withdrawl of Hamilton hero Kylie Mills.

The 29-year-old Oram has been injury-prone in recent seasons - completing only 25 tests in seven seasons - and the New Zealand side will struggle without his powerful batting and capable bowling.

England must now fancy their chances of a series win, which would see them achieve the rare feat of overcoming a 1-0 deficit in a three-match series and away from home at that. "

England, you have won. Congratulations. See you at Lords.

Oram is a huge blow.

the game will still be close,england's batting could collapse against an under 13 bowling attack.

Test team lineup announced for Black Caps:

1. Jamie How
2. Matthew Bell
3. Stephen Fleming
4. Matthew Sinclair
5. Ross Taylor
6. Grant Elliot
7. Brendan McCullum
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Tim Southee
10. Jeetan Patel
11. Chris Martin

And Trust me,that will be big blow for Kiwiz..As England supporter I am feel more comfortable as Oram can Bowl and bat dangerously and more of that He has been in good form throughout ODIs and Tests..
Now only thing that can save NZ is typical English Collapse in Batting..
England need to regroup and probably just a discipline batting can take them through to series win..

Agreed with you vaibhav.

Another thing against the Black Caps is, I have never heard of debutants making a name for themselves in the their first game in the side, unless you're being held in the same regard as Shane Warne or a Murali. Most of the other bowlers tend to graft and grind and get dropped early on before making a comeback.

Southee is on a hiding to nothing. Deserves the selection, but he won't win over the critics who say he shouldn't be there because he's still learning how to play at 1st class.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread