England in New Zealand

Ya You can't ask 5 Wicket haul from them on debut..I think Player already feel lot of pressure to perform and Nobody gives there 100 percent on ground as far as Bowling is concerned..
I hope Match will start soon because after every 10 Hours I get to hear a news that Someone not plying in decider from NZ..
Mean time I think We forget that Final show from Great cricketer and X-Kiwi captain Fleming..I really wish he'll score good here..NZ cricket gonna miss him for long and specially in tests..He has been one of the greatest leaders around world..

There you go Another down...Even before the Match started..Please somebody start the Match..otherwise nobody will be injury free to play..

What if both teams are unable to field 11 players ? Does the match get an automatic 'draw' ?

Paul Collingwood is doubtful for tomorrow.

Well that'll even up the balance of the side. Collingwood has been like Flintoff for you guys. Bats well, and takes crucial wickets when he bowls.

Oram is out, so really, to balance it out, Collingwood is too.

Crucial Matchups:

Southee Versus Broad bowling pedigree. Youngsters with potentials. Who bowls better will tip the scales each way. Both bats lower down as well.

Vaughan versus Fleming. Both captains, and both in the twilights of their careers. Fleming needs a big one to match Vaughan.

Elliot versus Collingwood - provided he's fit, England has the definite edge here. If it's Oram it'll be even stevens.

Vettori versus Panesar - No competition, Vettori is better.

Patel is a punt on the flat deck turning, we have the edge here. Anderson would be matched with Patel for the only variation between the sides.

England has the edge in Sidebottom versus Martin stakes. Both main strike bowlers so have to perform.

Middle Order Batsmen

Strauss versus Sinclair - Both out of touch, Strauss has the edge. Sinclair when he's on can go on to score 200s. Similar players.

Bell versus Cook - similar players again, Bell is safe close in catcher, so is Cook. Cook has better technique.

Pieterson versus Taylor - big hitters of the ball, aggressive. Taylor has better form in this series, but we all know what Pieterson can do, Taylor - better fielder, Pieterson dodgy.

Ambrose versus McCullum - Ambrose's innings turned the 2nd test. McCullum's 88 nearly did had he carried on batting sensibly and Vettori and Oram didn't get out under controversial circumstances with the light.

Both sides are REALLY similar in pedigree and ability. Stats won't back it up, but the current forms (good or bad) of each player in each camp can't be separated.

What if both teams are unable to field 11 players ? Does the match get an automatic 'draw' ?

Thats not gonna happen???:p

Ya but good point If thats will be the case then they are officially allowed to replace their injured player with player which is not a part of Squad..

Oram and Mills out. England win. Oram's been NZ's only consistent bowler, Mills may have taken more wickets, but Oram's been the main man with the ball. With his line and control out of the side I can't see this final game going anywhere but England. Pietersen's going to win the game for us I feel, he's due a big score.

Thats not gonna happen???:p

Ya but good point If thats will be the case then they are officially allowed to replace their injured player with player which is not a part of Squad..

This would mean that if you are at the ground and the Kiwis want a person to fill in No.11,you could end up making an intenrational dbeut ?
Well,this is great.

So long as we don't allow Fleming the dream last game we should absolut batter this horrifically injury hit New Zealand side.

This would mean that if you are at the ground and the Kiwis want a person to fill in No.11,you could end up making an intenrational dbeut ?
Well,this is great.

I imagine there would be a Luke Pomersbach style local player call up.

Well that'll even up the balance of the side. Collingwood has been like Flintoff for you guys. Bats well, and takes crucial wickets when he bowls.

Oram is out, so really, to balance it out, Collingwood is too.

Crucial Matchups:

Southee Versus Broad bowling pedigree. Youngsters with potentials. Who bowls better will tip the scales each way. Both bats lower down as well.

Vaughan versus Fleming. Both captains, and both in the twilights of their careers. Fleming needs a big one to match Vaughan.

Elliot versus Collingwood - provided he's fit, England has the definite edge here. If it's Oram it'll be even stevens.

Vettori versus Panesar - No competition, Vettori is better.

Patel is a punt on the flat deck turning, we have the edge here. Anderson would be matched with Patel for the only variation between the sides.

England has the edge in Sidebottom versus Martin stakes. Both main strike bowlers so have to perform.

Middle Order Batsmen

Strauss versus Sinclair - Both out of touch, Strauss has the edge. Sinclair when he's on can go on to score 200s. Similar players.

Bell versus Cook - similar players again, Bell is safe close in catcher, so is Cook. Cook has better technique.

Pieterson versus Taylor - big hitters of the ball, aggressive. Taylor has better form in this series, but we all know what Pieterson can do, Taylor - better fielder, Pieterson dodgy.

Ambrose versus McCullum - Ambrose's innings turned the 2nd test. McCullum's 88 nearly did had he carried on batting sensibly and Vettori and Oram didn't get out under controversial circumstances with the light.

Both sides are REALLY similar in pedigree and ability. Stats won't back it up, but the current forms (good or bad) of each player in each camp can't be separated.

Oram doesn't touch Colly in Test cricket. Cook is a hundred times better than Bell is or ever will be.

Oram doesn't touch Colly in Test cricket. Cook is a hundred times better than Bell is or ever will be.

Collingwood is the better batsman - the more accomplished you might say - but he's not a million miles off Oram - only a 6-7 run difference in Test averages. In terms of bowling Oram is better though - his average is a smidgeon under 30, which is generally the gold standard for bowlers. He's also taken more wickets than Collingwood.

GAH got my Bells mixed up. Oooh matron! etc etc.

Ya thats more better way.
These days even Umpires and Refrees are not following the Rule book.:p

What on Earth?

Well,this is great.

The great Wasim Akram got his start in international cricket tests like that. From schoolboy coming into the nets to bowl for batsmen to practise, ended up the best bowler of all the seniors, and got picked for starting 11.

Users who are viewing this thread