England in New Zealand

Just a point on the Invitational XI above. No Cumming in the side indicates to me he's probably going to be dropped, which is great news.
He isn't in the invitational XI because Otago needs him for the state shield semi final. But it would be good to see him out of the test side.

Why is it when England lose they look so bad ? Doesn't really happen with most other teams, but happens almost everytime with England. They can look hapless at times.

No other teams actually don't give up after 2 wins which England got in T20..

He isn't in the invitational XI because Otago needs him for the state shield semi final. But it would be good to see him out of the test side.

I thought that too, but they selected Fulton, who is also set to appear for Canterbury.

That 42 odd Taylor played was one of the better knocks i've seen him play, because he played to the conditions. He was a bit scratchy early on but peeled off some fantastic shots later on when he got himself in some form. He looked really good.

Man of the Series has to be McCullum. He's a fantastic player. This could be his breakthrough series where he is more recognized internationally. A far as i'm concerned, he's the most dangerous opener going around right now. The scary thing has been his consistency. Averages 53.66 since opening the innings for the first time since he began on 25th November 2007. Strike rate i'd imagine is well over 100, though I don't think cricinfo can give me that figure.

That last six he hit was giant. I've never seen a six get close to landing up there before. Man he's strong for a short guy. It's also amazing how often he hit sixes over cover and extra cover. A few years back he smashed 50 off 25 and hit about 4 over extra cover to win us the game against Australia at the same ground. He loves Christchurch.

Ryder has turned out to be the perfect match. He' left handed. He's aggressive. He's got good defensive technique. I'm glad he worked out. He really surprised me with his maturity. A good example of the guy who averages under 30 in ODI cricket with the bat and makes it at the International level.

I think the big advantage we had over England is the opening partnership and Vettori. Obviously we got off to much better starts. England's bowlers arn't terrible, they were just made to look that way by McCullum and Ryder who just took them apart. Even on that Christchurch pitch, wasn't a belter but cCullum smashed it all over the place with only one mis-hit I can remember. England need to start using Panesar or else one of these second rate guys they seemed to bring and continue using them. Nasser I think made a good point on our broadcast that Vettori's figures after about 100 games weren't that flash in OD cricket, but now he's the best ODI bowler in the world. I think he said Vettori averaged 40 from the first 100.

Last edited:
i knew they wouldn't win the series anyway but wah wah

lol...WC and Ryder have same thinking power...Anyway he has been brilliant throughout the series..These people needs rest sometime..

Does anyone know who will be keeping for England in the tests?
Mustard or Ambrose?

They were saying the keeper who plays against Otago should be keeping for at least the first test.

Im a New Zealander so I have no idea what Ambrose is like,
but so far from what Mustard has shown, I pick him as a more ODI, 20/Twenty player.

I think Ambrose gonna get his chance.Mustard can't keep in Tests.And he is useless at number 6 in batting.

A Stuart..

Don't know about 20-20.But he was good enough in tests and Onedays.Anyway who care for 20-20.You can play with anyone in 20-20.Its just time past..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread