England in New Zealand

@ Robo (Didn't want to quote all of that):

Those stats can't be at all fair on Ambrose, Mustard will have always played as the keeper at Durham. Ambrose didn't at Sussex. When both he and Prior played the gloves would often be rotated. It can also be a bit more misleading, for example you don't know in those innings how many wickets were taken in total by the bowlers. Anyway it's not a big difference and Mustard has clearly shown that his keeping cannot be questioned, very solid with the gloves.

Ambrose is in for the 3-day game tonight as is Strauss. Shah is dropped and Sidebottom misses out. Tremlett, Harmison, Hoggard and Panesar are the bowlers.

Well Strauss is selected for Second practice Match..
I am very happy with England team Management..I know Strauss won't lose this chance.Go boy..go..

If Strauss doesn't get run I'd stick with Cook and Vaughan at the top and slip Shah at 6. He should have got it in Sri Lanka and Strauss has done absolutely nothing to deserve the recall. He was in dreadful form in County Cricket after he dropped during our summer. Cook and Vaughan are more than good enough to open, with Bell at three I reckon we'd have a solid line up.

The team I would pick:

Vaughan
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Shah
Ambrose
Sidebottom
Harmision
Hoggard
Panesar

Shah deserves his chance ahead of Strauss. Sidebottom and Hoggard are shoe-ins in the bowling department. Harmision has done just enough recently to warrant a place. If Sidebottom is not fit I would bring in Broad.

@ Robo (Didn't want to quote all of that):

Those stats can't be at all fair on Ambrose, Mustard will have always played as the keeper at Durham. Ambrose didn't at Sussex. When both he and Prior played the gloves would often be rotated. It can also be a bit more misleading, for example you don't know in those innings how many wickets were taken in total by the bowlers. Anyway it's not a big difference and Mustard has clearly shown that his keeping cannot be questioned, very solid with the gloves.

I didn't know that Ambrose played as a batsmen, I thought that it would rotation only. Its a flawed system as I said anyways. I was just experimenting with stats anyways.

Well.I know things not going well for Strauss..But he is one of the better openers in test that England have.
Ok Strauss doesn't deserve the recall but If he'll get chance to play in Test against Kiwis..I bet you he gonna score more than Vaughn..

I didn't know that Ambrose played as a batsmen, I thought that it would rotation only. Its a flawed system as I said anyways. I was just experimenting with stats anyways.

They both played in the same team down here. More often than not Ambrose would be keeper, however, it would alternate even during the game.

Going on his runs at 6, am I the only one considering playing Shah at 3 (his normal position for Middlesex might I add) and Bell at 6?

Strauss you didn't suppose to pull that..You should dig it...Strauss again failed in practice Match.England overall struggling 96 for 6 at Lunch..Only KP was playing cricket there.All remaining s were doing joke there..

That was a good effort, however, it could be seaming all over the place so let's not judge too harshly.

Also, the ECB's website description of Strauss' dismissal shows that nothing has changed. Shah must play and this liability dropped.

Well Its 127 all out..Its 4:06 RST..Why the hell I am watching??
4 wickets for O'Brien and 3 for Gillespie...
Well nothing to Judge but cricket at last a mind game..and all England doing is getting depressed..
Ya Strauss dismissal was not new.He tried to Hook that bowl without any Intension..
Hope England bowls well..Specially Hogard and Harmy..

Goodness gracious me. Do the lowly ranked Black Caps side who is notoriously horrible at tests ACTUALLY have a chance now? That is SOME collapse...

How the hell did O'Brien get four? He is ghastly.

Well seaming conditions or not. That looks to me to be an average total. Lets hope that the bowlers can drag it back now.

Neither Pitch nor condition favors bowling that Much..127 is more then hurting..Only KP came to bat.All other gave their wickets like Christmas gifts..
M Bell and How are set to fight..20 for 0 wickets...

93/0
Doubt there's anything wrong with the pitch guys.

I dunno how O'Brien ripped you apart. He's not a great bowler in my eyes. Probably gives him a better chance at selection over Gillespie. Maybe play both and not Mills. Jeetan Patel didn't even have to bowl. That's going to be a tough selection, which bowlers to play.

3 from:
Martin
Mills
Patel
O'Brien
Gillespie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread