England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
when umpire wud have given him out, then he had to walk... but u shud agree that it was not a clean catch taken by Bell............
That was, i might say, badluck for Yousaf.....
Newayz its all part of cricket.....

And can nebody tell me abt the umpires today?? Why and when they were on fire today??? Can nebody tell me ...

and mod... why ma first post has been edited??????

Last edited by a moderator:
PakiFan said:
Penchod... when umpire wud have given him out, then he had to walk... but u shud agree that it was not a clean catch taken by Bell............

And can nebody tell me abt the umpires today?? Why and when they were on fire today??? Can nebody tell me ...

A couple of things:
1. If what Sid said is true the word you used in your first post is swearing, this is not really welcome on Planetcricket, especially not in another language.
2. Post in clear English, meaning you use anyway not newayz and should instead of shud.

PakiFan said:
Penchod... when umpire wud have given him out, then he had to walk... but u shud agree that it was not a clean catch taken by Bell............

Why should we agree?

Why are people still on about it. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves!!!

A couple of things:
1. If what Sid said is true the word you used in your first post is swearing, this is not really welcome on Planetcricket, especially not in another language.
2. Post in clear English, meaning you use anyway not newayz and should instead of shud.

ok ok..... i dont know the rules but i will take care next time

@themuel1
I am not feeling sorry for myself :D riteeeee.... as i said its all part of cricket.... decisions go in both ways... in ur favour and against you... so dont worry.....

PakiFan said:
ok ok..... i dont know the rules but i will take care next time

@themuel1
I am not feeling sorry for myself :D riteeeee.... as i said its all part of cricket.... decisions go in both ways... in ur favour and against you... so dont worry.....

I said that because you won't drop the Bell issue.

There seems to be more moaning from the Pakistan supporters on here about Bells 'catch' (despite the fact i don't think he knew whether he caught it or not, plus it's the umpires decision to give the batsman out not Bells.) Than there is about English fans moaning about Afridis shuffle (which is clearly worse than Bells incident).

andrew_nixon said:
Since when?

When he got called for throwing. I thought you couldn't bowl until the situation has been rectified.

I'm sure you'll prove me wrong mind.

Sureshot said:
When he got called for throwing. I thought you couldn't bowl until the situation has been rectified.

I'm sure you'll prove me wrong mind.
You can continue to bowl whilst in the first stage of the suspect action procedure.

barmyarmy said:
However if he is called for throwing again in this match he will be unable to bowl again for a year. (?)
If he is called for throwing in this match, it will be a no-ball. He can continue to play, and bowl, until his action has been analysed.

Here is the process for dealing with suspect action.

1. Reported by umpires. Still free to bowl.
2. Independent analysis within 21 days. If illegal then not allowed to bowl, continue along process, if legal then player is free to play.
3. Remedy Process
4. Analysis by ICC Bowling Review Group
5. If legal then return to play, if not then continue.
6. Remedy Process 2
7. Re analysis by ICC Bowling Review Group
8. If legal then return to play, if not then repeat steps 6-7 until action is legal

Once a bowler is past step 2, if their action is decided to be illegal, and then is found to be illegal again under step 2 within 2 years, then they will recieve a minimum 12 month suspension.

andrew_nixon said:
If he is called for throwing in this match, it will be a no-ball. He can continue to play, and bowl, until his action has been analysed.
So then why was Shabbir dropped in the second test. I remember reading somewhere they didn't wanna risk his cricket career. IIRC, he has been reported once only.

andrew_nixon said:
I've no idea why he was dropped.
I looked up some articles on Cricinfo that stated that Shabbir has been reported four times now in his career. That might have something to do with it. Not sure why I always thought this was only the second time.

andrew_nixon said:
Wouldn't it be better to just call a no-ball every time a bowler uses an illegal action instead of going through this whole circus every time? Just like overstepping, the bowler will eventually straighten his action up to avoid no-balls, IMHO.

aussie1st said:
I agree, I've seen Collingwood's potential in the ODI arena. His batting technique is very good and his has the mentality to bat for a long time. Hes very handy if a team collapses as well cause he always steps up. We however haven't seen this in the test matches yet.

Good prediction aussie1st!
Collingwood 71, thats the potential I was talking about. They also collasped down to Udal but Collingwood is still there. This is what I've seen him do in the ODI arena, now hes doing it in the test. His bowling will also be handy to the English team.

I reckon England would be satisfied (if a little dissapointed) with a first innings total of 350. This Pakistani batting lineup is a little reckless at times, and with Afridi and the dependable Younis Khan missing, the wickets of Butt and Inzi become even more crucial.

I haven't seen alot of Asim Kamal and Hasan Raza, how do the Pakistani fans feel these guys will perform in such a crucial match?

Sami has been woeful, he needs to provide much better support to Shoaib and Rana, who I felt bowled beautifully given the conditions.

Sami has been woeful all series. They should have picked Asif, he doesn't have any battle scars infact the English would be the ones with scars from Asif. He should have been picked for this test.

Users who are viewing this thread